2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.0

Based on 326 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Not Reliable

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This vehicle is very comforable, but not at all reliable. The my gig system is TERRIBLE, they had to replace my whole system once and am still having problems with the new one. I have also had to have the transmission completely redone because of stalling issues. I had the van only 4 months and it has been in the shop a total of about 40 days."

Bad transmissions

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "a lot of room, easy to drive"

Cons: "transmissions, wheel bearings, gear shifter"

"Have put in a new transmission every 30,000 miles, have had 3 set of wheel bearings put on, have had to have the dash removed and a new gear shifter put on. I have 88,000 miles on it. Unless I got the 1 lemon not my choice of a good vehicle. I do like the room and the fact that the seats fold down into the floor. Great for family if only not a lemon."

BE CAREFUL

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I leased this car new in 2008. The transmission started slipping at 6,000 miles! The passenger side door locks quit working at 10,000 miles. I only get 16 mpg. Took to dealership to fix. Transmission is slipping again at about 16,000 miles. Also, now driver door locks don't work! A/C went out at 20,000 miles (or sooner--not sure since it was winter time). Both power sliding doors intermittently will not work. Took to dealership again. They lubed them--but they still do not work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I had a 2006 before this and never once had a problem."

Do not buy

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I bought this van new in November 2007. I have had a new transmission, 2 new air conditioner pumps, new wheel bearings, new entertainment system, new stow and go back seat, a pinging sound that won't stop, electric doors that won't shut all the time, and a engine that burns all the oil out before the next oil change is up (and they say this is normal). Do not buy this van it is terrible!"

Financially great

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I bought my first Dodge Caravan in 1987 and have driven nothing else since. I have used these to transport students to and from school and school activities as a contractor and to transport my own children and grandchildren. I have driven MANY miles. We have traveled the East Coast many times. From Main to Florida, NY to Ohio. We get great gas mileage, the comfort when traveling is great and the storage space is awesome. I have put as many as 210,000 miles some of them with little or no major repairs needed."

My 3rd Dodge Caravan. Can't stop going back.

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seating, cargo room, versatile"

Cons: "Stow-n-go seats are difficult, should be automatic"

"Easy to maintain. Very comfortable seating and visibility. This one has a remote starter in it, as did all my others. Am afraid to think about trading down again but this is too much vehicle for one person."

Great so far

By on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pros: "Great highway cruiser"

Cons: "Eats gas in town"

"Purchased this vehicle, 2011 GC Crew, over a year ago, 24000 miles including two cross country trips later I can now give a review of it. Pros: Comfortable cruiser Great highway mileage-over 27 mpg with 5 passengers and a cargo box on the roof Good stereo-for the kids music! Comfortable seating Good storage Easy to fold seats into floor to haul stuff, and we have a lot Cons: Not so great gas mileage in town17-20 Transmission shudders in reverse Lots of brake dust from rear wheels-foreshadowing? Light grey interior hard to keep clean"

Love it!

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Comfort ok mileage for everything I haul."

Cons: "See above."

"I'm a 45 yr old male, I drive for a living in sales. This van rules, about 24-26 mpg at 80 to 100 mph all the time sometimes 8 to 10hrs straight drive time. Only down fall electronic transmission module makes it shift hard and or slip. From day one, not because of my high rate of speed attitude. Dodge wouldn't do anything about it, but this van still hauls and very reliable."

Lots of space..good handling for this size vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "If it doesn't fit in this vehicle, it's too big."

Cons: "Instrument cluster array could be better."

"This is my third Caravan. Overall, I'm satisfied with the vehicle and recommend it to families with kids. The comfort and convenience of the Caravan is hard to match and the 4.0 engine has just the right amount of power to nimbly move a vehicle of this size. The only complaint I've had is with an occational clacking sound from the engine (valves?) when it's cold, lasting about 5 minutes. The dealer is aware and garanteed in writing that this is normal. The stow'n'go system is excellent and easy to operate...no taking heavy seats and benches out the van."

Great minivan

By on Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I looked at many vehicles before making this purchase. Two major selling points for me were the price and the spaciousness of the minivan. I absolutely love it! My only complaint, which is normal for minivans, is the wear on the brakes. These are heavy vehicles, so the need to replace the brakes occurs every 20000 miles or so."

Wow the room is NICE

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"This is the second Dodge/Chrysler I have owned. I had a 2005 Town and Country and now I have a Used O8' Dodge Caravan and the room in this one is awesome. I am 6'11 and I have a hard time getting into vehicles(as you can imagine). The new look is great and I have 3 children and there is plenty of room for them and friends. I have the SE with most of the options and I love it. I did not get the automatic doors (motors go out too often and I am not that Lazy). I do miss the Tachometer and MPG display on my old one but hopefully this one is better than the 05'. The new color blue is awesome. The only other issue is that I wish I had the UConnect installed when I bought it. My wife hates grocery getters but she loves this one !"

good warranty

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"enjoy driving on trip very comfortable .gas mlieage in town not what i like12-14 but on the highway 25-27. power doors could be a issue"

Good All Around Vehicle

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"If you need a vehicle that does it all at a reasonable level of economy this is your vehicle. Does so many things from run a small business, haul people, hall tons of stuff and accommodate big items when needed. Economy is better than a truck but more versitile than a car. Parts and repair items can be a little spendy and it isn't a gas sipper but it does the job fairly well. Especially great for a 1 car family. I like mine a quite a bit with 65k on it now. Handles wonderfully in all weather."

Features swivel & go seats with table & tailgate s

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive. good visibility lots of cup holders"

"vehicle has tailgate seat in rear. great for going to games or parks and outings. great comfort on long drives. lots of storage space."

5th Grand Caravan, love it

By on Monday, August 1, 2016

Pros: "This 5th Caravan for me is the best ever since '85"

"I also have a full size 1969 GMC for those occasions when I need it, but the Grand Caravan holds almost anything and still drives great. Biggest problem? I have Sirius stereo and backup camera, but I cannot have a garmin, or bluetooth for phone calls. I bought this Grand Caravan on 1/3/12, owned it for 4 1/2 years. I paid $550 for the dealer to install a remote starter that I always use. Living in Vegas the car is usually pleasantly cool in hot months. Of course it is also warm in Winter. I also had a dash cover made, and window rain guards. These 3 items make it a pleasure to own and drive. I do get 17 city, 25 on the road."

my third dodge caravan and I love it

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

"This is my 3rd caravan and the best yet.Love the stow and go seats.Rides like a livingroom on wheels"

Definetly not made to be a long term car.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "OK Drive, Stowing Seats"

Cons: "White Headliner"

"The Car drives fine, it's comfortable for long trips etc....all that is fine. My issue with the care is that I've now owned a Jeep and a Dodge and I'm amazed at the amount of parts and go out, fail and have to be replaced on both them. My other car is 2004 Honda Element with 95K miles that hasn't even go in for it's first turn up yet and the only thing that I've replaced are the tires, brake pads and 1 front running light. The Caravan started breaking it's trips to the service department at 5k miles with the steering pin came undone, air conditioning has gone out, it's on it's 2nd power steering hose because of leaking, it's 3rd set of front rotors and pads and second set of rear rotors and pads. Scheduled in tomorrow for a new appointment because a thermostate is out and the power steering hose is leaking again, all this by 41k. Unfortunately it's worthless as a trade in, trust me I've tried, I can't get enough from Honda, Toyota or Volkswagen to get in to a New Van, so for now I'm stuck with it."

Not the same van as before

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I just bought a 2012 Grand Caravan with the Crew package. The Grand Caravan has improved leaps and bounds compared to the older models. I have owed a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE and have to say with much surprise this is a nicer van ever since they redesigned it. The new Pentastar engine is smoother and more powerful then my 3.3 V6 in the Toyota. I also am impressed with the handling and steering feel. I never thought I would own a Grand Caravan or another Dodge product but must say they are getting their quality back in line and fit and finish is first rate. The seats that folded into the floor looked uncomfortable but when I sat in them found them to be supportive and very comfortable. Take a look at the Grand Caravan, you will be surprised and end up saving about 5-7 thousand in the process compared to Honda and Toyota."

Last Dodge van I will own.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Price, styling, stow n go, 6 speed automatic"

Cons: "Mixed driving mpg, will be expensive post warranty"

"At 11,700 miles took the van in for front brakes (warranty), check engine light-evap system issue(warranty), rattle-heat shield(warranty), keyless entry not working properly(warranty) still not fixed, 6 speed automatic transmission is nice, but clunky, the price and styling of the van are pretty good, but the quality seems lacking. Nice interior, simple but sleek. Highway mpg is incredible, last road trip average 25-27mpg. Overall, if I'm having these issues at 12000 miles what happens at 60k and no warranty, could become a very expensive van to own."

Some problems

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Sliding doors, stow 'n' go"

Cons: "starting to fall apart after only 2.5 years"

"Love the interior and all the options - but we have already had to replace the breaks approx $900 and those had to be replaced about 45 days later but they were under warrenty, the automatic sliding doors have had issues - had to replace parts (after warrenty expired) cost approx $500 and the biggest headache was the electronic issues - all the "dummy" lights would flash on and all the gages would drop to zero (e.g. fuel, speedomitor) It took months to get fixed and ended up costing close to $3000. But I love the van - it fits our busy lifestyle -just hope all the problems are behind us. This is my second Grand Caravan and third Dodge vehicle but I'm not too sure if my next vehicle will be a Dodge - still on the fence....."

Another minivan achievement by Dodge

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Extremely practical while also riding like a dream"

Cons: "Electric doors"

"Overall this vehicle is perfect for a family with small children. It's sto-n-go features are extremely useful. There is a great deal of room in the vehicle. Though practical it rides very comfortably and the inside space is quite comfortable as well. Too many electrical gadgets for me but I am a little older. Sto-n-go is definitely the best feature I have ever had in any minivan."

Great retirement vehicle

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Dual climate control."

Cons: "Black interior."

"My wife and I like to travel and it is comfortable with plenty of storage. On our last trip, which was over 4,600 miles, we got 25.5 mpg. That was actual, not the vehicles indicator."

2013 sxt Great Van with a few shortcomings

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pros: "Power baby, Power"

Cons: "Quirky transmission"

"Pros: 1)A Ton of Power! This ain't your momma's minivan, this van can take on the best with its pickup and power. 2)Stow and Go is great, very convenient. 3)Highway mileage is awesome. You can get about 34 mpg traveling at 55mph on flat highway, 4)I use this van for business purposes and the power doors are very useful. 5) Interior dash is solidly built 6) Good crash test ratings Cons: 1) Transmission is really quirky, I don't like. 2) Highway mileage is awesome, however city mpg is pathetic. On hilly terrain in stop and go traffic 13 mpg 3)Boring appearance, but then again it is a minivan. In all great for my purposes. I purchased used @ 44,000 miles and have put 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Really a great highway or travel van."

Best vehicle ever.

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Pretty expensive"

Cons: "need running boards wife is handy-cap."

"This mini-van is really under rated hwy mileage at 65 mph is about 28- 30 mpg, but this crew model is loaded with a lot of options, like heated steering wheel, front and back seats shades in the windows his and her ac and heat control it has the 3.6 engine which delivers a lot of power, The only thing i have to do is change oil, The dealership I bought it from tales care of this mini-van. and they have all of the records."

Lots of problem from the very beginning

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"This van is good on distance and gas. However, there have been several recalls and shortly after I purchased it the tramission lock up when I took it in for an oil change. It sounds like the front wheels are coming off but whenever I take it to the shop they can never find anything. Very noisy."