2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.0

Based on 328 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Nice for expanding family

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"We have enjoyed the caravan early on in the process. We knew the trade in value would be less than on a Toyota or Honda, but at about 6-7k less we decided to go with it. We enjoy the room and the available layouts for carrying large items. Gas mileage could be a bit better around town."

Cheap and Stylish but not the highest quality

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Almost a year into our 2012 Grand Caravan and it's been treating us well. Gets decent MPG on the long hauls and you can't beat the stow-n-go seating. Starting in 2011 the Grand Caravan got a much needed styling update on the exterior and interior and it's a good looking van. The 3.6L V6 mated to the 6-speed auto has tons of power too. My complaints are that there are often interior rattles over bumps from unknown areas which get annoying (we also have a 2010 Sienna and it's silent over the same terrain). The 6-speed can also be annoying going up hills or slight grades... it seems to get confused. Aside from the few nuances it's a good rig for how much cheaper it is than the competition."

Lemon

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"I would not buy this van again. It's my 2nd Caravan and has been more trouble than the blue Book Value. I have spent more time at the Dodge dealer getting it worked on than any car I've ever owned. Pass on all the computer gadgets. They can't even fix the carpet. The computer is always offline causing the side doors to be difficult to close. The phone device is not working correctly now. The back seat starts moving back during long trips. On...and...on...I'll stop now."

First Mini Van

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Bought the van in January 2008. Has all the room you may want. Seats are tiring on long trips. Only had two problems with it since we bought it. The front window would sing going down the highway. After several trips back to the dealer, they had a new repair sealant to fix it. And it did stop the singing. My other problem is the power on the radio, heater blower motor, door locks, electric window would not come on sometimes when you started the van. Turn the van off and back on, they would all work. Found the problem after the second time to the dealer. A defective electrical connection. I get 300 to 400 miles to a tank of gas on the road both city and highway combined. The tank is 20 gallons. And the biggest problem is the road noise. Not very quite inside when driving down the road."

Excellent mini van.

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Is everything a mini van should be."

Cons: "dog hair difficult to get out of carpet"

"This is my fourth Grand Caravan and it has been trouble free. Tons of room. Easy to get in out of. Seats go down out of the way very easily AC and Heat work great. Excellent mileage at 23 to 24 mph I do a lot of hwy driving at 75mph. Just a great vehicle with tons of space on the inside and infinite seat variations. Driver seat has great support. Console storage is the best of anyone I have owned."

nice van

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"I bought the 2008 caravan 2 months ago and have about 2500 miles on it. I do like it except the fuel mileage is not as good as stated I'm getting about 12 mpg city so not to happy with that. Also the side doors do not always open and close like there suppose to but that is easily solved by just doing the old fashioned way with your hand. so after 2000 miles I am still happy with it and would recomend unless fuel mileage is a top concern."

Excellent minivan

By on Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pros: "perfect for road trip with all the storage"

Cons: "A little more comfort on the third row"

"We love this minivan. We bought as we like to travel and have space. The stow and go is a breeze to use and allows you to quickly get some extra space, no need to remove any seats. When travelling it also give you some extra space under the back passenger feet. We got ours with the single DVD player and satellite radio. We had no issues so far, the minivan is fun to drive, comfortable on long trips and quite economical. The engine is powerful and we had no issue keeping highway speed with a fully loaded van with three adults, 4 kids and a loaded trunk. Way cheaper than any other vans"

LOVE OUR 2010 GRAND CARAVAN SE

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, dependability, safety"

Cons: "Zero"

"We love our van. bought new almost 2 years ago and use mostly for road trips. Grand kids love going places in the van. Has been used by 2 of our daughters for their trips also. Have had absolutely "no" problems with this vehicle. Love the stow n go and all the room. Have traveled with 7 passengers and luggage comfortably. Roomy, comfortable, reliable. Only service was our regular oil changes and get 28mpg highway. Not sure of city mpg since we don't use for a lot of city driving and have never really noticed (if mileage was very low, I would have noticed). We are very pleased with this car. We purchased the base model with only a few options. Saw where someone had problems with keys and cost $900 but when we purchased this van I had extra key made for our daughter and only cost $45. Have the sliding doors, not power, and my 3 year old grand daughter can easily open doors. Great protection with side curtain air bags in all rows."

Beware of Key Replacement and Major Headaches

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking and comfortable, Fair gas mileage"

Cons: "KEY FOB can be very costly in many ways."

"My major complaint about this van is the key system they use. The plastic key fobs for my van wore out very quickly and cost me almost $200.00 to replace. Also I had to have the van towed to a dealership to have the new keys made because the computer in the van needs to be reprogrammed to the new keys. When the towing service arrived my van had to be dragged out of the parking space, because you cannot put it in neutral if the key fob is not recognized by the computer.If your out on a trip remember this, these type of keys cannot be easily cut at your local hardware shop. and that is a major setback if you are out in the middle of nowhere and there is no dealership nearby. Another failure is there was no warning that the brake fluid was a little low and while coming down some steep hills in West Va. the brakes gave out with no warning whatsoever, I had to apply emergency brakes and downshift to keep from crashing. When we came to a stop it was then that the brake warning light came on."

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Functionality and price"

Cons: "almost none."

"We have a 4 year old and twins age 5 months. We have grown into this van, as we bought it new 3 years ago... very convenient getting kids in and out, including car seats, stroller, etc. The electric sliding doors on both sides are priceless as well as the electric hatch/gate. The stow and go seats provide flexibility for the occasionally needed extra space. We got ours on sale for $23000. What a bargain. Very few problems - remote keys wear out too soon, but under warranty for the first 3 years. mileage good for the size. We took it camping a couple times, loaded down and up steep grades. Plenty of power. Ive owned at least 20 cars in my life. This one has got to be one of the best buys I ever made."

Best price van in market for 2012!!!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Price/Look/ drivability"

Cons: "Re-sale value"

"I love this van so far 2012 SE Grand Caravan. I get 25 mpg on hwy. and 21 mpg city. I have 8500 miles on so far with no problems. I have purchased a 7 year/70k bumper to bumper extended with vehicle with a $100.00 deduct. For peace of mind. I have owed a 1985,1989,1998 and this 2012 Dodge Caravans. I also owned a 2004,2008 Kia sedona van. also a 1997 ford aerostar van. For the price on new Dodge Caravans it is the same as Kia why spend $3000.00 more for Kia with same options."

Best Vehicle I Ever Bought

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pros: "Safety!"

"I was in an accident with my family. Everyone is safe and sound due to this vehicle. I will buy another one!"

last van we will ever have to buy!

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"We just got our 08 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. I must say, I'm in LOVE! We have had Caravans in the past, we still own an older model, but nothing compares to the handling, performance and comfort our new one provides! It is my opinion that it is superior to all other minivans!! We purchased all of the options, dvd player, leather package, swivel n go, mygig entertainment system, etc. With Dodge's new lifetime warranty, we also purchased the extended coverage, we will never have to purchase another van! This one has it all and is protected for a lifetime. I have already recommended this van to family and friends! GO DRIVE ONE!"

Great Utility Vehicle Improved Fuel Economy

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, plenty of power"

Cons: "no compass"

"Bought my 5th Dodge GC SXT version with power driver seat and bluetooth hands free package. Very pleased with highway mileage just pushing 28 mpg at real highway speeds. Around town mileage drops to around 20 mpg depending on starts and stops. Fold and Go seating is great providing extra storage when seats are up, but not quite as comfortable as the more permanent seats. Middle seats will move back providing extra leg room and the power door windows are a needed add. Rear power vents now move together instead of independently, I guess that makes sense. Self-storing roof rack is an interesting feature, helping to streamline the vehicle. The engine provides plenty of power, so the van has a lot of get up and go, and manuevers well, kind of fun driving such a large vehicle. The overall design is a bit ho-hum, the light grey interior trim I don't get and what happened to the compass? I am currently having problems with the hands free feature with the bluetooth phone connection dropping regularly. Could be my phone, the unit or the operator. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle."

Not the best

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"The day we got the van home the handle on one of the back seats broke off. We have had the touch screen radio/satelite console replaced twice, there is NO room for the kids to move around. The doors will lock even if one of them is open, and the doors will open (from the remote) even if the doors are locked. I have come out of the store to find one or both doors wide open with all of the doors locked. Probably because of an accidental bump of the button while in the store, or the door just not closing tight and opening back up in the first place. VERY ANNOYING! I should have stuck to the Honda Oddysey."

love the new style

By on Sunday, April 6, 2008

"I just got the 2008 SXT after I totaled my 2006. I love the new style of the 2008 it looks so stylish. I have four kids and even my 17 year old loves to drive the new van.The little kids love that the windows in the sliders roll down now for some nice fresh air in the rear seats . The power sliders and trunk are the best especialy when you have three little ones to get strapt in to there carseats and your hands are full . I could never be with out one again. The onley thing I can say that should be changed is the plastic and the new shifter that is used in the intirior it look and feel so cheap compaired to the rest of the van. And just a note about the safty of the van the accident I had with my 2006 was hitting a pole at aprox 40 mph and the van was a total loss but the vans safty features safed my live I had injuries that keept me in the hospital for five days .But it could have been fatal if this van would not has ben build so well to keep its cargo safe. Tkank you Dodge for saving my life and letting me go back home to my four children and hustban. The Sarles family."

Great family car

By on Sunday, December 25, 2016

Pros: "all pros"

Cons: "no cons"

"I love my 2014 30th Anniversary Dodge minivan. It has all the storage you could want. If you need it, all the seats lay flat and storage under the middle seats also. Great for a family or business. Gas mileage is better than the 4 cylinder Jeep I sold. We get 25-27 on the freeway and 15-18 around town, which is good for the size and convenience of this vehicle. There are 6 of us in our family and we have gone on long trips, etc and were always comfortable. The kids stay entertained with the entertainment center and the plug ins for their devices. Hope this has helped."

Pleasantly surprised by the dreaded minivan

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "Everything. Seriously. It's awesome."

Cons: "I don't have leather seats."

"After a fruitless search for a brand new SUV that had all of the features, storage space and extra room for my growing family that we were used to with a price tag under 40K my husband suggested we look at the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. I've been a firm anti-minivan mom for years, but after researching online I finally agreed to test drive it. I bought it that day. We bought ours with every available option except for the towing package (my hubby has a truck) and the heater block thingy (we're too far south to need it) Even with all of the options, including dealer options & extra warranties, we paid less than KBB suggested so we got a great price, but honestly I would've paid more. It's a great value. Considering how many older models I see at the soccer field and in the carpool line I know that it's going to be reliable. The one thing that really surprised me was the interior and the quality of it. It doesn't look like your grandma's minivan. The interior has a stylish, clean look with lots of hidden storage. We love uconnect system - test it out on your test drive! The back-up camera is a necessity with a minivan & I use it all the time. My hubby said it reminds him of the new Dodge truck interior. The exterior is what it is - it's a minivan, but the chrome accents look good and the power doors, liftgate and remote start make other moms give it a second look. The adjustable blue accent lights in the interior -especially around the cup holders and in the roof make it easier to see what's what at night without distracting. My kids' favorite feature about the new minivan is that they have heated seats in the second row. The DVD player is fab too, especially since they can listen their movie with headphones & I don't have to hear it! lol! The stow-n-go is phenomenal. It's the perfect place to store blankets, toys, whatever. BUT if you need to run to the home improvement store or move a couch, fold the seats into stow-n-go, lay the 3rd row down and you're good to go. It's made my life a million times easier. We also really love the power options. I have 2 usb chargers & 2 traditional chargers up front & the kids have a traditional power outlet with ground which is driver controlled in the back (perfect for plugging in a laptop) The only things I think Dodge could improve would be to make the front seats a little more comfortable and give the passenger power adjustments. (Of course I switched from a luxury car to this so they may be better than most - I'm not sure) The driving dynamics were also an adjustment - this doesn't drive like my luxury car! But it handles & rides MUCH better than I ever expected a minivan to. Overall I love my 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew. We feel as though it was a great value and plan to continue to enjoy it for a few years."

Safe

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"My family and I were just involved in a head on collision. Other than minor sprains and bruises we are fine. This vehicle did its job and protected its passengers, which were two adults in front and a 6 and 3 year old in back. We walked away from a potentially fatal impact."

love the van with one exception

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "good price"

Cons: "transmission and no compass...."

"I really like the van. the ride is very nice, and the seats are quite comfortable..you get alot of car for the money...my only complaint is the transmission...it is a 6-speed and you get alot of upshifts and downshifts, especially going up hills...I used to have a 2002 caravan with a 4-speed, and it was alot smoother...."

Not what I thought

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Reason: Quality and not my type of vehicle

Pros: "Space, Storage, captain chairs, free oil changes"

Cons: "Quality, rough drive, Poor gas mileage"

"This minivan is great on space! Liked the captains chairs for the kids...easy in and out! Great storage , especially for strollers, etc... And the third row seat is great for extra seats.. Although the reliability is a bit concerning. Within the first year brakes almost didn't pass first year inspection. Had a recall fixed, and it made the problem worse. It drove very rough and jerky. The gas mileage is is not so great, either. To say the least, traded it in a year and a half later, for a different make of car, I am disappointed in the quality of dodge vehicles and will not buy another dodge."

Can't wait to trade!!

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Convienience with kids"

Cons: "EVERYTHING ELSE"

"I HATE this car! My van has 30,324 miles on it (2.5 years old) and we have put FOUR, yes four, sets of new brakes and rotors on the vehicle! There is a sqealing in the fan motor that no one can seem to diagnose and dodge service at two different dealerships has been absolutely horrible. I will NEVER, EVER own a Dodge again!!"

Not Reliable

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This vehicle is very comforable, but not at all reliable. The my gig system is TERRIBLE, they had to replace my whole system once and am still having problems with the new one. I have also had to have the transmission completely redone because of stalling issues. I had the van only 4 months and it has been in the shop a total of about 40 days."

Bad transmissions

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "a lot of room, easy to drive"

Cons: "transmissions, wheel bearings, gear shifter"

"Have put in a new transmission every 30,000 miles, have had 3 set of wheel bearings put on, have had to have the dash removed and a new gear shifter put on. I have 88,000 miles on it. Unless I got the 1 lemon not my choice of a good vehicle. I do like the room and the fact that the seats fold down into the floor. Great for family if only not a lemon."

BE CAREFUL

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"I leased this car new in 2008. The transmission started slipping at 6,000 miles! The passenger side door locks quit working at 10,000 miles. I only get 16 mpg. Took to dealership to fix. Transmission is slipping again at about 16,000 miles. Also, now driver door locks don't work! A/C went out at 20,000 miles (or sooner--not sure since it was winter time). Both power sliding doors intermittently will not work. Took to dealership again. They lubed them--but they still do not work sometimes. I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I had a 2006 before this and never once had a problem."