2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.0

Based on 328 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Excellent minivan

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Great combination of sports car and dump truck"

Cons: "Poor cruise control speed maintenance on hills"

"Not eye catching; blends in with the crowd. Excellent acceleration, braking and handling. Cruise control loses 5 mph on highway hills (most annoying feature of vehicle). Interior is spacious, comfortable and well laid out. Lots of space for cargo and passengers. I'll keep this until one of us dies (me or the van)."

Best vehicle I've had since my Pontiac Montana

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

Reason: To trade up to newer model

Pros: "Best in the world for trips and "curb shopping"

Cons: "Need more and better designed cup holders"

"I have owned nothing but a voyager/caravan (with the exception of the Pontiac Montana) since 1986. Had some transmission problems with the earlier models, but I think that has been solved and haven't had any problems with the last three. I traded up from a 2012 to a 2014 Gr Caravan. I love the "store and go", and the auto sliding side doors and windows. The only reasons for my "8" rating are that it's a little under-power in mountain country; I hate the seat belt chafing on my neck (but I don't think I'm going to find any car/model that fixes that); and the lack of an ashtray. I know I shouldn't be smoking, but an actual built in ashtray would make it easier to avoid ash deposited everywhere. I also wish that automatic headlights was a standard feature."

Decent car for traveling or around town.

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "Great Storage Capacity"

Cons: "Repairs over 100,000"

"Everyone loves the stow and go and the "airplane" lighting overhead. Plenty of room. Comfortable. Handles well. However. I am tired of all the service repairs needed at this point. I have had brakes completely redone twice including rotors. Transmission has been done too. Constantly getting repairs now at 120,000. Needs to be seen asap for a new noise. How fun."

Too much maintenance and repair costs

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "I like the stow and go seating."

"There is some kind of design flaw with the rear of this vehicle or something wrong with the computer. I have replaced the rear wheel bearings twice. I have also had 3 rear brake jobs. I think the computer in the car has the front and rear braking system mixed up and the rear brakes are used far to much. I also had to replace the alternator at 120000 miles, I'm not sure if that is typical. The other thing that bugs me about this vehicle is the constant swaying from side to side. I thought the alignment was off or the tires needed balance but nope, it's just a dodge mini van thing."

disappointing van to own

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reason: Poor quality,reliability

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"We bought our Caravan to replace our old Toyota Sienna.Our 02 Sienna gave us ten plus years of worry free driving.Only had to repair the breaks,struts,and one ball joint during that time. We bought our Caravan used for a fair price,and it seemed like a great car for the first 6 months. Then a transmission cooling line and a power steering line went bad fixed it for $700 and thought that should be it for a while.During the last six months check engine light came on and wont go away no one can figure it out.The passenger a/c stopped blowing cold air,the 3.8 engine is burning about 2 quarts of oil every 3000 miles now and the automatic sliding door broke!Today after about one year I traded it in on a newer Sienna. I lost some money on the deal,but I defiantly gained some peace of mind!A friend of mine owns a 2012 Caravan and he is having a lot of the same sort of issues . I think they are just a poorly made vehicle ."