2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.0

Based on 326 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10

Good vehicle but with some issues

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "good price and comfortable"

Cons: "motor noise, A/c and wiring"

"What I have read on reviews from this vehicle and have had to deal with is the vans motor sounds and the air conditioning unit. My van sounds strong but some slight knocking with the engine, nothing is wrong with it from what the auto mechanic said but the noise isn't the quitest. Also this van is known to have A/c issues in which they are inexpensive except if its a wiring issue. This wan does not have a Chilton manual yet since its not the end of its line so you either have to look up your issues via google or pay $195 for the dealership service manual. Blower motor resistor ($25 from dealership or online) or the blower motor ($120-$175) are usually the issues in which if you repair it yourself its inexpensive. The wiring may be difficult to fix but if your tech savy you should be able to find the wires to the blower motor and replace or repair the ( wire stripping and reconnect redo connection areas). Remember to always disconnect the negative ( black) to the battery before you do any repairs on your vehicle to prevent shock or shorting out other things on your vehicle. Besides these issues I would say that the van is comfortable and I love it. If you want something that wont have issues for awhile I recommend getting a brand new vehicle."

worst vehical ever

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "stow and go power dooors"

Cons: "poor quality over all the way threw the vehichal"

"worst thing I ever bought eats brakes ,oil a quart every 1000 miles gaskets ,wheel bearings ,heater fans and updates galour,air conditioning lines ,and tires are cheap even after routine maintence I very dis appointed alaways been a ford guy but thought this would fit family better and does but very poor vehical in quality"

09 grand caravan

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Be very careful on test drive, new engine design, very slow on initial excelleration. Slow on hills, not instant on pushing gas pedal. Frustratiing as dealer say live with new engine feature, all electronic, no adjusting. Gas pedal can be adjusted that seem to help. Would hesitate buying 2009 grand caravan XLT."

Don't Buy This

By on Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pros: "comfortable to drive in"

Cons: "poorly built"

"I am so disappointed in the quality of this van. I bought is with less than 15 miles on it. There was a tear in the upholstery in the passenger back seat, the windshield makes a loud screeching sound when there's any breeze, and the window regulator needed to be replaced as well. There was also an oil leak because the pan screws were not on correctly. Don't waste your time with this van, it won't last."

powertrain issue

By on Thursday, May 19, 2016

"driving this car for more than 10 miles, when stop in a traffic light, it raise RPM and motor jump, not sure what is going on"

4 years of satisfaction hope to get 6

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"Driven Dodge Caravans since first 4-speed manual tranny in 1984. 2010 DGC has more comfortable seats than Odyssey or Siena. DGC seats are concave whereas other van seats bulge outward at low-back area. Their seats are not comfortable for long distances. I put 4 Blizzak snows on this and drive 6+ hours through snowstorms to top of Vermont with confidence due to front-wheel-drive and this vehicle's drive train. The Stow-N-Go seats are unmatched by other vans for convenience. Although the DGC engine and tranny are a little rough the other features compensate. No, I don't work for Fiat/Chrysler"

very good reliable van

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Reason: want suv

Pros: "have had vans since 1976 this one of the best"

Cons: "dash lite telling if tire needs air (really??????)"

"excellent but need smaller vehicle"

Has been an excellent van.

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Always dependable and never had an issue with the van. The vans simply have a bad rap due to the soccor mom image. Great for vacations and around town. This is my third chrysler van and will not be my last. I perfer this to our second car, a 2012 sadan."

awesome car

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"best american deal yet"

I love this van!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "easy to load, easy access in or out"

Cons: "angle of rear bench seat"

"We are older with 9 grandchildren. This is definitely a 'family van' as everyone uses it for vacations! We love the VES (and wireless headphones) nearly as much as the grandchildren. What would I change? Swivel n go seats to stow n go. That is it! We love it just the way it is - cargo room, etc. EXCEPT 1)the rear bench seat - it is at such as odd angle, and 2)no alert if the front passenger seat belt is not in use. Minor, minor in comparison to what we love - what the 7 yr old triplets love, what 17 yr old Mike loves (although his dad has flashbacks :( from the old conversion van days when he drives it)what Nana loves when she loads carseats OR sewing machines. And the toddlers who get buckled in and point to the video screens! It is our family "Go Car", and has been used after go cart and ATV accidents to take the guys - and their crutches - home from the hospital and to their PT! Multi-use and easy access in and out!"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"I love this van! It is sporty for a mini-van, and so perfect for a family with young kids. Love the power doors, leather seats, and large trunk space. My only beef is with the lights not being automatic."

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

Squeak Squeak Squeak

By on Friday, December 3, 2010

"This vehicle has a ton of room. I can fit a 4 x 8 piece of plywood in it. 12 ' 2x4s fit corner to corner - and the lift gate shuts. It holds half a soccer team, or the whole family, plus luggage and the (large) family dog very comfortably. The stow and go seating is excellent and works easily. The problem with this 2008 vehicle is that the quality is worse than even any 1970s or 1980s vintage American car I have ever had. The shifter know keeps falling off. There is a squeak in the front end that Dodge can't seem to fix. The brakes were recalled. It chews up tires even with regular rotation. The dashboard rattles. Visibility due to the passenger A-piller is horrible. If on the highway with three passengers and I am running the A/C, passing acceleration is not there. You step on the gas, and it doesn't go (unless I remember to turn the A/C off first). I would hope that Chrysler can solve this model's problems, because this vehicle has a lot of potential with a better engine, transmission, design, quality . . . like a Ford."

Good Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I have owned Dodge vehicles since 1996 and have been very happy with them and the service. We still have our 1996 Intrepid that we bought new. This is our 4 th Dodge van and it's the best one. Lots of power with the 4.0 and gas milage is better than what my sister in law gets with her Honda van. We bought it certified pre-owned from the same dealer we bought all our Dodge vehicles from. My husband owns 2 Dodge trucks. 2005 2500 and a 2008 1500. He also bought the New 2008 Dodge Challenger limited edition. All our vehicles have been reliable and a joy to drive. The van is comfortable and very handy to have. The 2008 is the best riding van we have had. I plan to keep this one for a long time."

i hate dodge

By on Thursday, May 6, 2010

"This van is a dodge thats all i can say. Very hard to sit in back seat. Had to replace back brakes at 23000 mi. Not fun to ride in, and if your cloths are on the carpet it will get thread form then and turn that color. We should of buyed flex."

Dodge 2009 Grand Caravan

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Had the van for nearly six months and have no complaints. I have ony had one minor issue with a defective keyfob. This is the ultimate family vehicle. Lots of room and designed for comfort."

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

Dodge, what more can I say, Piece of junk!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"We baught this van 4 months ago. From day 1 had problems. We will never buy another dodge product. Problems with the air vents, sliding doors, van shutting off by itself etc. The worst vehicle we have ever owned. Dodge should just fold up and go out of business. Be warned stay away from dodge."

Does not stand behind vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 3, 2015

"We had some issues with our caravan that should have been covered by warranty. Dodge refused to cover this issue. Both rear doors rub the rear quarter panels. This is a very common problem with this model, yet they refused to fix it. We will never buy another dodge caravan."

kid haulers

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pros: "rear side doors , stow and go seating"

Cons: "vehicles value"

"value of vehicle drops,drops and drops the only way to get any value out of this vehicle is to drive it until it dies. the value of this vehicle dropped more than any of the other vehicles that I have ever owned."

Great Van

By on Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pros: "good price, handles well"

"I really like our van. It is reliable, looks great."

Don't buy this van

By on Monday, June 9, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Tons of problems, electrical, mechanical"

"We have owned this van since January 2013. We bought is used at a dealership with 68,000 miles on it. Driving off of the lot, the seal on the windshield came off and was flapping against the window. Then within the first four months of owning it, we had to replace the front brake pads, rotors and calipers ($700). We had to replace two tires. Then we started having problems with the shifter. It would stick in and lock so that you can't remove the key. Then the ignition started malfunctioning so that the car doesn't always start. And, the A/C went out. This car is a joke. For a car that is marketed and designed for families, this is a huge disappointment and financial burden. Do not buy this car! Wish we hadn't!"

Drives nice

By on Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pros: "inside only has 1 small (tiny) hole in drver's sea"

Cons: "CV joints clicking barely, right rotor not the bes"

"Needs CV Joints they're clicking real quietly right now. Back passenger tail-light still works at least, but the light cover is glued, but at least still works. Small (tiny) dent on the right of the rear light.....I mean tiny."

1st Dodge, last Dodge

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"POOR quality vehicle-- nothing but problems. Buyer beware !!"