2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 810 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Real Dads drive minivans

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I had this minivan for almost 6 years and drove for 128K miles in it. We comfortably transported a family of six with luggage and baseball team gear. Fully load the minivan still had good acceleration and still averaged almost 21mpg hwy. The functionality and versatility of this vehical was awesome!!!! Repairs over the life of ownership consisted of replacing a fan motor for the A/C at 126K and a brake caliper at 98k. Not bad for a vehicle we drove to 13 different states."

LOVE this van!!!!

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Dodge used almost 2 years ago at 20K miles. It now has 60K miles and is in the shop as I am typing, but only for regular stuff - tires, brakes & timing belt. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this van. We have taken it on many trips - from NC to FL, NC to NY, NC to CA.... We are going back to FL in 6 weeks and I have no doubts this car will take us there and back safely. We DO NOT pack light on our trips, but this car always has plenty of room for luggage and our two dogs. This is by far the best car to take on long trips. The seats are very soft unlike the hard seats they are putting in cars today - whats up with that? It can hold a whole sheet of plywood with the seats folded down. And with the seats out, it can hold a riding mower!!! : )"

Reliable, roomy, practical

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pros: "great price, smooth ride, reliable, practical"

Cons: "older car so older stereo; watch for body rust"

"I've had my 2002 Dodge Caravan for around 8 years (it's 15 years old), and in that time it has been nothing but reliable and useful. I got it as a hand-me-down first car and have used it ever since. I've had no major issues with the car and have just needed to update normal wear and tear expected with a heavily used, older car. I had to replace the sway bar links, some hoses/belts, and there is some body rusting (Pennsylvania winters are rough on car undersides), but overall no major fixes have been needed. Overtime I have found this car to be useful for families, sports teams, and even general adventuring. I have used it to transport full sports team and gear and recently have converted it to a camper van. With no seats it can fit 3-4 kayaks (7'-10'); 4 mountain bikes, and anything else you want to haul. Very reliable, definitely worth the investment, and definitely is versatile for anything you might need it for. I've also found that the MPG is closer to 22 highway, 20 in-town."

THEY SAID IT WOULD NOT LAST

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Holds 7 people, comfortable high ride"

Cons: "poor hardware e.g. knobs and cup holders break or"

"I bought the van new for under $18,000. I was advised it was unreliable and had poor trade value and should buy a Japanese car that was $5,000 more. Now, 8 years and 130,000 miles later the van still runs like a dream."

love this van, would buy another one

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Great van for a family. Only wear and tear problems. I put 160,000 miles on in 7 years of owning this van. Drove over 4000 miles on one family trip, no problems, is big enough for our family of 6 and our stuff for a one week road trip. Just used a small cloth carrier on top. Only big problem was the automatic passenger side window slipping off track."