2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 810 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Buy a good warranty!

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"2005 Grand Caravan SXT - bought it when it was 1 yr. old & had 16K miles, Now has 39K after 11 months. It's been at the dealer 3 times just for an airbag light that wouldn't go off, finally fixed. The transmission was rebuilt at 37K after slipping out of gear on the highway (not to mention the dealer had it for nearly a month waiting for parts) steering shaft problems since day 1, now it needs a rack & pinion & power steering pump ($1200) not covered by warranty. Plus an extra key will set you back $200! If you buy one, two pieces of advice, 1. Buy a GOOD warranty, you'll need it! and 2. Pay thousands below book value (like I did)! My Infiniti has over twice the miles this van has and hasn't had half the problems this van has had. And to think I bought this over an import! This one won't be around for much longer and I'll never by a Dodge again."

good value for the money

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"Leased my 2006 Grand Caravan SXT new. Looked at the Sienna, but price was a concern. We drive quite a bit as both our kids are involved in sports yearround. Have 52,000 miles on it. Have performed regular maintenance on it. Replaced front brakes at 45,000 miles (not bad since this is a heavy vehicle and takes some muscle to stop). Rear brakes were about 50% worn. Will need new tires before winter hits. Handles great in snow and ice (I commute about 40 miles to work in southwest Ohio-more ice than snow). I have found the front seats to be quite comfortable, however the rear seats (stow 'n go) are rather rigid. Have taken several long trips-love all the cargo room with the bench folded down. No need for a top carrier to carry all our fishing gear and luggage! Only problem-paint peeled off the rear bumber about 10 months after we leased. Fixed under warranty, but what a hassle! Took almost 6 months to get repair approved. Plan to buy at lease end...not crazy about the 2008s."

Will never buy this car again

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cons: "Low Quality"

"If you are looking to spend $1000-$2000 a year on repairs, then this is the right car for you. I have replaced the steering rack twice ($700 repair), the alternator, the rear A/C, some sensors, etc. A total piece of junk."

Good Van, Roomy

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, Roomy"

Cons: "Gas Guzzler"

"We drove a 2001 Dodge Caravan until it was totaled in a car accident in 2013. Bought it in 2008, never cost us more than oil changes, gas, tuneups, and tires. The van was beginning to creek up front, that may have ended up being something we would have had to fix, but the van was totaled before we could get it to a shop. Loads of room, could very comfortably fit 7. Well designed inside control panel."

Love this car. My 3rd Caravan.

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Great driver, hauler, and tows great."

Cons: "None."

"I have driven my previous Caravans to over 250000 miles each with little or no problems. Best family car on the road. Reliable and practical."