2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 808 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Best van I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "good value for money fun to drive dependable"

Cons: "Cup holders in rear seats were a problem."

"More than enough room even when fully loaded with passengers. Stow away feature afforded us plenty of room for cargo Wife is an invalid so later on had lift installed for scooter but still had great room Great ride in snow and rain Excelent ride on dry roads Great vehicle for travel Now have a 2011 Van also and it is even better"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "economical, dependable, and makes a great camper!"

Cons: "replaced power window motors 3 times total."

"I'm getting ready to sell this for a newer model. 335,000 miles, and still runs like new. Never touched engine or transmission, except for normal maintenance. I kept maintenance records on this Van, and my cost to own, counting everything , including Sales tax and license plates, trailer hitch install..... and even car washes! (not counting insurance) is 21.3 cents per mile. My 4th Grand Caravan, and I'm buying a Town & Country this time."

Best all around vehicle I have owned.

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cons: "city mileage"

"This is the most practical and versital vehicle I have owned. Beats any family pickup because of its ability to haul passengers or cargo and is still as comfortable as a full size sedan. It will be hard to part with."

Extremely Comfortable, bad radiator & trans.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

"Extremely Comfortable to ride and drive. we bought it used in 2010 with ~69K mi. Within 9 months, the a/c went. Then, a few months later, some electrical issues in dashboard, and rear bulbs kept burning out. Within a year after, the radiator started acting up, and finally went in 2013, needed replacement. Not too long after that, the gearshift started slowly slipping, speed sensors were blamed and replaced, fast forward to May 2014, the slippage became what I termed the intermittent "bucking bronco" and finally the Caravan refused to leave the safety of 1st gear and I was then told by the mechanic candidly:'to be honest with you sir, Caravans keep us in business.' Oh yeah, and they don't do transmissions, but the can recommend a place."

Buy a good warranty!

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"2005 Grand Caravan SXT - bought it when it was 1 yr. old & had 16K miles, Now has 39K after 11 months. It's been at the dealer 3 times just for an airbag light that wouldn't go off, finally fixed. The transmission was rebuilt at 37K after slipping out of gear on the highway (not to mention the dealer had it for nearly a month waiting for parts) steering shaft problems since day 1, now it needs a rack & pinion & power steering pump ($1200) not covered by warranty. Plus an extra key will set you back $200! If you buy one, two pieces of advice, 1. Buy a GOOD warranty, you'll need it! and 2. Pay thousands below book value (like I did)! My Infiniti has over twice the miles this van has and hasn't had half the problems this van has had. And to think I bought this over an import! This one won't be around for much longer and I'll never by a Dodge again."