1996 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger

7.6

Based on 373 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Don't skimp on the options

By on Sunday, July 1, 2007

"I've been driving my Caravan for over a month now, and I am really sorry I settled for the smaller V-6 engine. Driving conservatively, I got 14.5 MPG in city driving in warm weather with the air conditioning on. Performance is somewhere between sluggish and adequate. We have a more basic model with a manual lift gate and sliding doors. I wouldn't do that again. On the plus side, we have been pleasantly surprised by the maneuverability for a large vehicle in a tight spot, and the Stow 'n Go seating is a major plus for versatility. We'd consider buying another one, but only if it's loaded with power accessories, putting it at the higher end of the price range."

Incredibly reliable vehicle.

By on Monday, March 13, 2017

Pros: "Great utility, drivability, comfort and value."

Cons: "Headlights and brakes suck."

"I purchased this minivan in June 1997 new and I had been eyeing this vans from 1989 after my previous purchase of a 1987 Plymouth Reliant SE station wagon, when I did I had a discount from the manufacturer (the company I worked for was owned by Chrysler) and the dealership was located across the street from the apartment complex that I lived on, after my purchase everything has been better than everybody thought, my van has now 261.000 miles, and I have never ever opened the engine, it doesnt burn any oil, had one transmission overhauled when it turned 180000 miles (I was climbing the bridge in Baton Rouge La. coming from Miami, Fl. when the tranny lost 3rd and 4th gears, drove it in 2nd gear for 9 hrs home in Texas). This van is still driven today by my youngest daughter as her daily to college and work. My secret to engine longevity, Mobil One, my secret for my transmission longevity, change the transmission fluids and filter every 2 yrs or 24000 miles. I have replaced 1 alternator,1 power steering pump,1 water pump,1 cooling fan assembly (with both fans),1 radiator,3 front bearing hubs assemblies, 1 rear rear brake cylinder,1 brake master cylinder,2 front brake calipers among few other things like shocks,struts,brake pads,shoes and rotors, and I have done most of the work myself. You have a lot of cargo/passenger flexibility, very nimble and maneuverable for such a big vehicle and powerful enough with the 3.3L engine, decent mileage 16-24mpg."

My best Vechile Purchase Ever

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "reliablity, value"

"The reason I'm on here looking is I was involved in an accendent, it was not my fault, and they will probably total my van. I love this thing. I have owned many cars in my life, and this van has by far been the best most reliable vechile I've ever owned. I hope they fix it, and I don't have to go car shoping, because I don't want to."

runs well,holds our family of seven,

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "price,good for family of 7. easy to drive"

"INterior and exterior are in good shape. Drives well and is very reliable. I would sell it to a friend. It is a 1999 Dodge caravan. What is it worth"

Love this van! Comfort, convenience, best vehicle!

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "typically 20 miles to the gallon, seats 7 comfortably."

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"Bought our 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan in Jan 2003 with 54K miles, it now has 223,000 miles and just keeps going. Granted, we have taken care of it. In the past 10 years we have replaced the serpentine belt 2x (less than $100 each time), the drivers side power window mechanism once and replaced the transmission about 10,000 miles ago. It has plenty of power, love that there are 2 sliding doors on both sides and the dual air is excellent. One of these days the engine may go, but we will replace it and keep the car. Body style has stayed in style, the access is great for us 50 aged folks and our 10 year old Labrador dog. Plenty of space"