2013 Dodge Durango

Based on 135 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

stunning

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Great options for the price. Spacious. Safe."

Cons: "accelleration from a stop (we have the V6 engine)"

"Purchased 2011 Citadel at end of model year and found a great deal. Prior to driving this automobile, Dodge/Jeep were at the bottom of my wish list. The vehicle is loaded with options. I could not find anything even close in other large SUVs for the price. Great for family with kids and for parents not ready for a minivan. Plenty of room even for adults in the 2nd and 3rd row seating. Entertainment system is very worthwhile for people with children. Much more comfortable ride than similar large SUVs. Safety features are wonderful. Only downside is it is a bit slow in accellerating from a stop (V6 engine). Not so much of an issue between 50-70 mph. Handles very well in winter weather as well."

2015 Dodge Durango Citadel 6 cylinder

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"The Durango is generally an excellent large SUV. The high points: excellent gas mileage for such a large vehicle (our experience in mixed driving is 19-23 mpg), control and handling on icy roads is excellent, it provides a soft and quite road on the highway, seats are comfortable, power is adequate, the front screen is larger than its competitors, UConnect system is generally good, stereo is good except for a flaw in the programming mentioned below. Lows: The soft ride can be uncomfortable in mountain driving-too much body roll, the programming of the stereo volume is flawed - if you turn the level to less than 10 the sound is all bass with no treble, auto headlight diming works poorly, limited storage space in the front for nick-nacks, voice module does not always work as well as it should. Grade B+/A-"

Well designed, well built

By on Friday, September 23, 2016

Pros: "Good value, good fuel mileage, right size for most"

Cons: "Looks plain/boring/dull in white"

"The Durango is a very capable vehicle. The 8 speed auto shifts smoothly but the rotary dial takes some time to get used to. Full time/automatic AWD, so if you want to choose then you should get the Grand Cherokee. Impressive highway fuel mileage (26 mpg observed) but it drops off quick in the city. Still not bad though. The race track tail lights are cool. The reconfigurable dash is also pretty unique."

Great design, but questionable build quality.

By on Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pros: "Good driving dynamics & gas mileage, well designed"

Cons: "Reliability"

"Weve had our Durango for nearly three years now and overall the experience has left us with mixed emotions. Quite honestly, it was the most unreliable new car that I have ever owned during its first year in our stable. Multiple issues including one that left me stranded at only 900 miles left us wishing that we had made another choice. To be fair and thanks primarily to our current servicing dealer, things have evened out a bit over the past year, or so. And while FCA did make a settlement in the way of giving us some optional protection plans, we had already bought Mopars Extended Warranty at the time of purchase and they were unwilling to do a goodwill reimbursement of that plan. Lets just say that it was like a Vegas wedding with a very rough first year getting to know each other. All of the negatives aside and the reason that we purchased it in the first place was the design and driving dynamics. The overall engineering is above average likely owed largely to the chassis Mercedes ML heritage. The driving dynamics offer a good blend between ride and handling. Our Citadels V6 is well matched to the newer versions eight speed transmission generally offering responsive shifts and good gas mileage (our lifetime average is just over 21 mpg in mixed cycles). Lastly, other than the nuisance of most everything requiring using the touch screen (something that can be a distraction), or attempting a proper response from the voice recognition system, the electronics features and interactive abilities exceed most other systems that I have used. In closing, while I have not been able to whole-heartedly recommend this vehicle to others that have inquired, we still hold out hope that the remaining time and miles will continue to provide a mostly positive ownership experience."

Greatest overlooked SUV

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Before the Durango I had an Infinity FX 35 and a GMC Acadia. This Durango has them beat. The engineering and the features are the greatest and work flawlessly. It's a dream to own."