2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 135 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Excellent road Vehicle with power and good MPGs!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun, comfortable, power, excellent MPGs!"

Cons: "8 speeds for city driving is too many!"

"Fun, comfortable, powerful yet excellent Mpg for vehicle type!"

Blown away!

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "value, solid chassis, luxury"

Cons: "low tech stereo graphics, no mid row capt chairs"

"I've never been a Dodge fan, but when we started shopping for a mid size suv/crossover it ended up on the short list quickly. We were just coming out of a minivan and wanted something with a bit of style. We were able to pickup a loaded Citadel for about the same money as a mid level Explorer or GM SUV. The only other vehicle that we seriously considered was the CX9. We went for the Citadel because it had a few extra options and was a fresher design. I don't regret it for a minute. It is constantly getting stares from people and my wife says she is often complemented by both men and woman. It rides amazingly quite and handles like a sports sedan. Two minor gripes, it needs the newer radio and display from the Journey and Charger. The current radio/nav works well, but looks low tech and cheesy compared to the rest of the truck. The other, and this is now an option in the 12's, is I wish we had captains chairs like the Lamda's. It is a pain in the neck, even with child boosters, if you have a car seat."

I love it...

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Wish I knew it came in Mango tango...I would have picked that color. Have 3rd row seating...wish headrest would not be on the third row...blocks some of rear view. And mine has black interior..some floor mats would have been nice."

Good Car - Have had it for 3 months

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"This vehicle looks nice and rides very smooth. I like the dashboard features that come with the basic model; the amount of space is nice too. I don't get as good of gas milage as I would like; I get on average 19 mpg highway, but have gotten up to 21. I did have to have my Durango in to replace parts for my A/C shortly after I bought the car, and was not too thrilled by that. Another thing I worry about is that I may end up breaking the fog lights and the piece that holds them out when going through snow this winter (South Dakota winters are not very friendly!). That part rides a little too low in my opinion and could be designed higher like the old Durangos, and made with higher quality material (have a fog light already out of place in my Durango)."

More bang for your buck.

By on Friday, October 2, 2015

Pros: "Price, exterior, interior, handeling, fuel,"

Cons: "more standard features, no backup camera"

One more for our Dodge family.

"Im in my mid 30's and needed a "family" car. I didn't want a big ole SUV. The new 2015 Durango design was what drew me in. I got the SXT Rallye blacktop edition I like how it looks mean but gentle enough for my little princess to ride in. The fuel is great on this. I took it on a mini road trip the ride is smooth as butter as one of my passengers stated at high speeds. The interior is great love all of it. Cons.... I wished my SXT Rallye black top would of came with Standard Nav installed, power liftgate, and I really needed a back up camera. But other than that its an awesome SUV."

One more for our Dodge family.

Best SUV I've ever owned

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

"My Durango is the best SUV I've ever owned. I pull a 3500 lb. boat with the 6 cylinder engine and can't even tell it's back there, even in the hills. It is comfortable, quiet and the fuel economy is unbelievable, considering the size of the vehicle. 20-21 mpg around town and 27-28 on the highway. Even pulling the boat I get an impressive 15-16 mpg, far better than friends with other brands. I've owned this Durango for 1 year and have had 0 problems except for a minor recall which was a computer reprogram that took about 5 minutes to correct. My friends are so impressed with the Durango that three of them have traded in their SUVs for new Durangos or Gran Cherokees. The only negative is that I hear Dodge is discontinuing the Durango in 2016, and I have one question: What could Dodge possibly be thinking?"

Comfortable and Refined Boat Tower

By on Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pros: "Ride, towing, seats, dash, quiet, turning radius"

Cons: "Has needed several software updates"

Rest stop on a fishing trip up north.

"We purchased a 2014 Durango Limited V6 All Wheel Drive. My wife and I wanted a vehicle that provided comfortable seats, smooth car-like ride, plenty of cargo space, and excellent towing ability. We have a 3,000 pound fishing boat that we tow to fishing spots in Minnesota and Wisconsin each summer. We looked at Durango, Enclave, Explorer, Pathfinder, Santa Fe, and Traverse. In addition, we looked at the Ram 1500 which my wife was leaning toward. In the end, we both agreed that the Durango best met all our needs, and after 13000 miles, we are very satisfied with our decision. We average 24.6 MPG highway without the boat, which is helped by the smooth 8-speed transmission. We got the tow package which I highly recommend."

Rest stop on a fishing trip up north.

Okay car I guess

By on Friday, August 1, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Good in snow"

"First time I purchased an american made brand. Not terribly disappointed, but not overly happy with it either. It starts every morning and it gets me where I need to go, but it often hesitates when I accelerate (doesn't seem to know what gear to pick. The same happens when going up a slight incline. Rear shockbreaker broke and needs replacement (warranty). Chrysler seems to have a lot of issues with backorders and so far I have been waiting for a month. MPG experience is about 16-17 MPG on average. When driving highway, it gets as high as 21 MPG, but trips in town and stop and go traffic quickly reduces that to about 14-15 MPG. This car requires premium unleaded, so expect to open your wallet. Other than that, not a bad car, but for me, nothing really to write home about either."

Been a great SUV. Power of a truck and functional

By on Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pros: "Fits 7 comfortably. Great in Utah winters."

Cons: "Not much cargo space with seats up."

"This was our step out of a minivan now that we have moved out of car seats. It had handled better than any vehicle we have own. I would definitely recommend this to anyone else needing room and functionality. Only drawback is the lack of cargo space behind the third row. Even that is better then most comparisons."

Great looking and comfortable. I feel safe.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Stylish and comfortable with all the electronics."

Cons: "Fuel economy in town."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.

"This is my dream car. I have to sell it because my finances have changed. This car would make a great family vehicle and also a great vehicle to drive your clients around. I have owned many cross over vehicle and I have not enjoyed this one far more than any of the others. The only negative is the gas mileage in town. I now do more in town driving because I am retired."

Style and comfort with a boss engine.