ZIP code

2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Won me over from the imports

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great cruiser, very practical for an active family"

Cons: "Transmission tuned for fuel economy, not speed"

"I looked at Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia as alternatives. We ruled out Honda as our 08 Odyssey developed some problems that dealer did not handle well. The Durango's handling and incredible stereo won me over from the other two good options. From day one, I was very impressed by the ride and handling. The power of the V6 was weak at first but as it has broken in it seems to have come to life and is more eager to rev. However, the transmission is sometimes slower to downshift than I would like. Interior quality is great. Features on my loaded crew model are a techies dream. GPS and subwoofer perform well. Paint quality on the exterior shows more "orange peel" texture than I think it should, but not enough to expect anyone to do anything about it. MPG is typically around 20mpg in mixed city/freeway driving, and I have a lead foot. I have seen around 24mpg on extended trips on 60mph backroads."

Man, This Durango is a Rock Star on steroids.

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "A real sports SUV. Not a wagon on a car chassie."

Cons: "seat cushions could use thicker pad"

Southwest Heat edition

"The X frame is balanced ,durable and the long wheel base gives a smooth ride. 3.6 Pentastar V6 is quick and smooth. 20 MPG on average for this aggressive driver. The tech package w/ 8.2 Uconnect is well though out and intuitive. Dial 8 speed ZF tranny is much more convenient to operate the console shifter I had before in my Ford Expy. Durango is comfortable to haul a lotta cargo and family. Styling is modern and timeless to me."

Southwest Heat edition

Great suv

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Style and comfort."

"I traded a Buick Enclave for my Citadel what a wonderful choice I made. The Buick was a great car but I love my Durango. The Durango is a head turner for sure. Handles great and the features are perfect. I feel like a Queen in this car and will own it for a long time. Gas mileage has been great. My grown children actually like riding in it they love the style."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great MPG for an SUV. Rides smooth."

Cons: "Touchy gas cap."

"I rarely would rate a vehicle this high. I had a 2010 Ford Expedition before my 2011 Durango and thought I loved that car. The drive in this vehicle is comfortable, reliable and fun. I purchase this Durango new and feel that I received a great value for the Express model. I have the back up sensors, parking camera, moon roof and towing package. Towing is great, it's got wonderful power. Driving on the highway for a long trip is comfortable. The third row seat is roomy. My only gripe was that my check engine light would come on when I didn't close my gas cap as directed. You have to stop just at the click, not beyond, or the light will come on. I average 18.8 mpg and have recently gotten 23.8 on a 5 1/2 hour trip. Hope my satisfaction continues. This is a sharp and fun vehicle. Highly recommend. I was not a fan of Dodge. I am now!"

Best engineered full size suv

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Engineering and Design"

"We bought a loaded 2012 crew with the Hemi for a cross country camping trip, and we definitely made the right choice. All of the features were useful, well designed, comfortable, and worked perfectly. The kids actually wanted to drive longer and never once asked are we there yet. It was a pleasure to drive for many miles with six passengers on board and trailer in tow. I have owned many vehicles both foreign and domestic and can honestly say that this is one full size SUV worth keeping!"

Great Value

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

"This SUV continues to impress me with both the major issues like driving dynamics, comfort and quiet as well as minor conveniences like automatic seat and sterring wheel warmer when remote-starting the car in cold weather. It has good power, acceptable gas mileage, and great comfort. I had an incident on the freeway where I had to make an emergency lane change at 65 MPH. I was amazed at the quick lane change and immediate return to stright line progress in the next lane with no oversteer, most likely attributable to a very good stability control system. Good on the big picture, good on the details."

Really nice!

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "Fully Loaded"

"Reading the reviews, I found I was not the only one that came out of a Tahoe into a Citadel Durango. I traded in my 2011 Tahoe for the Durango, which was a very good trade. Like others I have not looked back either. This vehicle to me has all the bells and whistles...so much my "Geek Granddaughter" programed it. I have received several compliments on how nice my vehicle looks! The only thing I added were running boards due to several friends having trouble entering in and out of vehicle. This feature really looks nice as well! I highly recommend this vehicle"

Most SUV for the money. By far.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, Looks, Room, Handling"

Cons: "Finish of the cloth interior could be better."

"This SUV is way less expensive than most others out there. It looks awesome, has plenty of power in the V6, and is actually fun to drive. It corners well for an SUV. The next closest SUV I was looking at was about $10,000 more, and after comparing this to the others, there is no way they are $10,000 better. This is a great vehicle and for the size of the interior you can expect to spend a lot more for something else."

Great SUV, good mpg for a large suv, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "MPG, handling, interior/exterior design, great V6"

Cons: "Bit heavy, no 3rd row on the Heat model"

"I purchased a I4 GMC Terrain FWD as I still wanted an SUV, but wanted decent MPG. What a disappointment. Seven months later I decided I couldn't handle the disappointing real world MPG and weak engine that I compromised in hopes of getting somewhere near the MPG claim. So I traded in the Terrain for a '11 Durango Heat AWD and I couldn't be happier. I get near full size SUV capacity, a very strong V6 and I'm only off by 2 MPG vs the Terrain in city driving and it only has 500 miles on it. I have had a couple of 50 mile HWY trips so far and based on the EVIC I'm averaging 23 MPG HWY now, I was getting about 25 MPG max on the Terrain. This was with a FWD vs the AWD in the Durango. Plus I didn't have to deal with the gear hunting of the 6 speed tranny in the Terrain. Disregard the negative comments about the 5 speed tranny in the Durango. It does just fine. I'd rather give up 1 or 2 MPG than deal with the potential of the gears always hunting. Fit and finish is great and the Heat trim handles very good for such a large SUV. This one is a keeper."

BEST SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED.

By on Monday, April 10, 2017

Pros: "VERY GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR SIZE OF SUV"

Cons: "NO SUNROOF OR BUTTON FOR TRUNK IN LIMITED"

"I PURCHASED THE V6 LIMITED. I HAVE WANTED ONE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND BOUGHT ONE. BEST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE. I AM A DODGE GIRL FROM NOW ON. SORRY CHEVY!!!"