2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

My first lemon

By on Saturday, April 2, 2016

Pros: "Loaded Citadel thats Fun to drive, Looks great"

Cons: "8 speed transmission constantly slips"

"After having this car made to order at the 30 mile mark, the whole back end came out. Little did I know that this would be the start of all this vehicles issues I never thought were possible. The brakes were never the same after they attempted to repair the back end twice. When I stop the vehicle it sounds like an old metal can coming to a stop. My navigation went crazy while I was on vacation and it took me and my family to another side of Virginia while traveling from New York. And one of the most important problems for this vehicle is that the 8 speed transmission,constantly slips while your driving. The dealership has no fix for it, but wont say that to you."

Excellent road Vehicle with power and good MPGs!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun, comfortable, power, excellent MPGs!"

Cons: "8 speeds for city driving is too many!"

"Fun, comfortable, powerful yet excellent Mpg for vehicle type!"

Blown away!

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "value, solid chassis, luxury"

Cons: "low tech stereo graphics, no mid row capt chairs"

"I've never been a Dodge fan, but when we started shopping for a mid size suv/crossover it ended up on the short list quickly. We were just coming out of a minivan and wanted something with a bit of style. We were able to pickup a loaded Citadel for about the same money as a mid level Explorer or GM SUV. The only other vehicle that we seriously considered was the CX9. We went for the Citadel because it had a few extra options and was a fresher design. I don't regret it for a minute. It is constantly getting stares from people and my wife says she is often complemented by both men and woman. It rides amazingly quite and handles like a sports sedan. Two minor gripes, it needs the newer radio and display from the Journey and Charger. The current radio/nav works well, but looks low tech and cheesy compared to the rest of the truck. The other, and this is now an option in the 12's, is I wish we had captains chairs like the Lamda's. It is a pain in the neck, even with child boosters, if you have a car seat."

I love it...

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Wish I knew it came in Mango tango...I would have picked that color. Have 3rd row seating...wish headrest would not be on the third row...blocks some of rear view. And mine has black interior..some floor mats would have been nice."

Good Car - Have had it for 3 months

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

"This vehicle looks nice and rides very smooth. I like the dashboard features that come with the basic model; the amount of space is nice too. I don't get as good of gas milage as I would like; I get on average 19 mpg highway, but have gotten up to 21. I did have to have my Durango in to replace parts for my A/C shortly after I bought the car, and was not too thrilled by that. Another thing I worry about is that I may end up breaking the fog lights and the piece that holds them out when going through snow this winter (South Dakota winters are not very friendly!). That part rides a little too low in my opinion and could be designed higher like the old Durangos, and made with higher quality material (have a fog light already out of place in my Durango)."