2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Traded up from G Cherokee

By on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Pros: "Great 6 seater, easy to axcess the rear seats"

Cons: "No sport mode"

"In Feb 2016 I took my 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited in for a oil change and came out with a 2015 Durango Limited, they offered me a trade in price that was close to what I had given in Feb 2013, I had driven the G/C for almost 3 years, It was one of the first of the new models, I dont think the dealer realized that it was that old, It had given so much trouble that after a lot of phone calls to Chrysler they had extended the coverage to 5 years. (see my posts on the G/C reviews) The Durango Limited has the same basic drive train with a slightly bigger body, mine has the 3 row seat option and captains chairs making it a 6 seat model. After 19 months and 14k miles, no problems at all, average about 20mpg. The roof racks have been removed because of the moon roof, why? The only other grip is that it does not have the sport shift position, I miss that. So far I am very happy with the Durango, watch this space."

Great choice for performance Suv

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Power, technology, Great looks and well designed"

Cons: "None yet"

"I researched for 2 months the best bang for my buck around a well built suv that offers both Performance, technology and value. The 2014 Durango RT is awesome and delivers a tremendous performance for the dollar. High tech, quality feel and great looks are all blended into this Suv. I bought this for my wife but get behind the wheel often. No regrets. So far we LOVE our new Durango!"

Dodge finally got it right!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Driving ease, drivetrain is excellent, fuel econ"

Cons: "Paint could be a bit better, some orange peel"

"Bought this vehicle new, tried Chevy, GMC and Buick, but needed 7 passenger to replace minivan capability third seat way too small and none drove as nice as the Durango. Looked at the Infinity JX, too expensive, small and no power, although presentation was nice. Looked at Toyota Highlander, too small, loud road noise, bubble lights looked terrible, no power, could not get wife interested in it. Dodge is averaging 20 mpg mixed, has over 3oo hp, has excellent driveability, spacious, AWD is handy in our last 14" snow - didn't slip a bit. Well equipped with everything available and reasonably priced. Completely satisfied with this purchase, now considering trade of my Silverado for new Ram - just made Motor Trend Truck of the year. Dodge is doing things right.....finally."

One of the best on the road.

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cons: "I really can't say anything bad about this SUV."

"I am surprised at the gas mileage as we get 24-26mpg on the hiway, it drops in the city but overall we get 22mpg most of the time with a combination of city and hiway. It handles amazingly well for a bigger SUV. My granddaughters love the 3rd seat. I really can't complain about the Durago as we have 14,00 miles on it, with only one minor problem with the seat. We can go through the snow like crazy(we had this last year). It really handled great on the snow, better than anything else I have driven."

Great vehicle for our family of 5 and 24 mpg city

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "MPG - Room for 6 - ZOOM!! - sure footed -"

Cons: "put ac outlets in the back seat on all vehicles"

"When searching for a replacement for Camry, the criteria was seating for 5, I must be able to put my 6"4" body in front and back seats. The two captians chairs allow for easy access to the third row. The heated seats/steering wheel, and LARGE touch screen is great. The rear camera allows for flawless parking. Turn on the eco button and configurating the gas effiency meter and we are getting 24 mpg city - 28 mpg in comfort. Love the keyless entry and rotary shifter. Essentially it is a Grand Cherokee XL."