2012 Dodge Durango

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Okay car I guess

By on Friday, August 1, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Good in snow"

"First time I purchased an american made brand. Not terribly disappointed, but not overly happy with it either. It starts every morning and it gets me where I need to go, but it often hesitates when I accelerate (doesn't seem to know what gear to pick. The same happens when going up a slight incline. Rear shockbreaker broke and needs replacement (warranty). Chrysler seems to have a lot of issues with backorders and so far I have been waiting for a month. MPG experience is about 16-17 MPG on average. When driving highway, it gets as high as 21 MPG, but trips in town and stop and go traffic quickly reduces that to about 14-15 MPG. This car requires premium unleaded, so expect to open your wallet. Other than that, not a bad car, but for me, nothing really to write home about either."

Extremely happy with purchase!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

"I own the 2014 Durango SXT AWD. Incredible vehicle! I bought this for many reasons: roominess, appearance (man, this thing looks cool), driving comfort, towing capacity, power, versatility, fuel economy, affordability, blue-tooth, and quiet ride. Best vehicle I've ever owned, period. Dodge has created a luxury-feel SUV but with an affordable price tag. Also looked at Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Chevy Traverse. After extensive online research, went to test drive the Durango and LOVED it immediately. Only problems: 1) radio malfunctioned and needed to be replaced, 2) transmission shifts rough between 1-3 gears after initial start up. Smooths out after warming up. I've learned not to push it too soon and to accelerate slow and easy to allow smoother shifting. Transmission does seem to "think" too much. I've installed running boards, mud flaps, Husky floor liners, and a bug guard. Now looks like a custom, sporty SUV instead of a base model. I love that I can use to transport our 3 dogs around, then flip the 3rd row up for more passengers. I can also haul large cargo by flipping down 2nd row and it acts like a truck bed. Best of all, the Durango rides smooth and quiet at cruising speeds. My wife loves it! Great sound system, too. Lastly, the rear racetrack tail light is super stylish and unique."

Excellent vehicle.

By on Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Have no issue or problems since I purchased this vehicle brand new."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pros: "seating capacity, comfort, great navi and Uconnect"

"Good looking, good running, not a single problem."

2015 Dodge Durango Limited With Premium Package

By on Friday, March 18, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, style, beats stereo, driving dynamics"

Cons: "Choppy ride with 20in wheels, exterior quality"

"Recently in the market for A new 7 seater SUV some of the vehicles we looked at were the Acura MDX,Audi q7 Lexus GX, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, Ford Explorer, Chevy Tahoe,and Honda Pilot (2016). There is not a single bad car in that groop and I recommend that you look at all of them if you're shopping for a 7 seater SUV. The Durango and Acura made the final 2 and we chose Durango for practically and what you get for your money. The Durango drives wonderfully. You'll notice it actually handles quite nicely while keeping A smooth ride. Note that with the new 8 speed auto tranny the v6 is not slow anymore like the 2011-2013 was without the hemi. Reliably so far has been fine and shows no sighs of problems as it should only having 3,000 miles. Before buying I looked back to 2011 when the Durango was introduced and overall I expect reliability to be adverge. The design is visually stunning and ergonomically correct wich is just as important. Especially the u connect wich is fabulous. Quality of the interior shows no signs of the old cheep Chrysler with is good, however, the exterior has a little ways to go. I noticed that the hood and left fender don't line up and the driver door does not close as flush with the body as it should. Comfort is awesome with big front seats and roomy second and third rows. The ride on my 20 in polished aluminum wheels can be a bit choppy, but that's a sacrifice you make with bigger wheels. Quietness on the highway is also up to par. Convenience is great espicely with the smart key. Remote start and power lift gate is something I can't live without now that I have it. Some last notes are that if you are looking at the Durango limited, I strongly recommend going for the premium package. It adds so much like navigation, power lift gate, sunroof and the great beats audio system. It also adds the 20in wheels that transform how the car looks. Overall it's definitely worth a look and makes for a great buy!"