2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Transmission is a PROBLEM!!!

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy to handle"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the comfort of my Citadel, but I owned the 2011 Dodge Citadel and the transmission went out at 32,000 miles & I am noticing that the 2013 that replaced my 2011 is showing the same problems and it only has 12,000 miles on it. The only reason I agreed to purchase the '13 was because I could not trade in my '11 in for something othr than a Dodge without a transmission. I was fairly stuck with either renting a car while they repaired my vehicle or suck up the loss and just drive away with a new one and hoped that it would be better. I was wrong. I should have demanded they fix mine and traded it in for something more reliable. I would love to know if anyone else is having this problem, because all I see are perfect scores???"

Chrysler's best effort to date!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Good quality build. AWD for me a must."

Cons: "Service cost for petty items after 12 months."

"They're almost there. American auto makers still haven't figured out what they have to do with service. That's one of the reasons they never catch foreign car makers. Things like loaner cars and no hassle servicing. I have owned my Dodge Durango Citadel for 14 months and think it's the best Chrysler I've owned to date. Last month both of my fog light bulbs went out and found out they are not covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. The service associate told me in short terms, "nope, bulbs aren't covered after 12months/12,000 miles." Cost to replace both lamps, $90. for parts and min. hour labor.I went to O'Reilly's and replaced them myself for $62. You wouldn't think a 14 month old car would need lamps yet? At 45K for a Dodge I may go a little more and look at BMW next time around."

Great value, very versatile

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, smooth highway drive, utlility,"

Cons: "I opted for black cloth interior, shows dirt"

"I've had my 2014 Durango SXT Plus AWD for four months now and am very happy with it. I opted for the Captain's Chairs in the second row as I have four kids and did not want to have to flip part of the bench seat forward every time kids loaded or unloaded. This configuration is perfect for us. The SUV drives great, handles well with ample power for passing. The price was very cheap when compared with the Tahoe, Expedition or the Suburban which I also shopped. I also like how easily the rear seats flip forward to expand the cargo space in the rear. I can throw my dog in the converted back and still carry four people, then it's just a pull of a strap to reconfigure to seat 6. I opted for the AWD since we are skiers. Can't wait to try it out on snowy mountain roads in Winter. I also like the look of the vehicle. It's got nice lines with a much more manly look than a mini van. I didn't opt for the leather interior, which I should have with 4 kids and a dog to haul around. The touch screen control panel is user friendly and intuitive. Overall I'm very satisfied and would recommend this SUV to anyone. Just great value and utility for the price."

Should be on your short list

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Features, safety, flexability, looks, towing, AWD"

Cons: "Gas mileage; averaging 14/20"

"When I compared to other mide to large sized SUVs the Durgano had the best looks, quality and value for the money. Owned for 2 months and no problems. With positive Consumer Report ratings with regards to reliability I do not anticipate problems. There are so many things to like about the vehicle: easy to use Bluetooh, back up camera, heated seats, AWD, easy to use nav system in a great looking vehicle. Priced very competively. Slightly downgraded comfort as it does transmit bumps slightly more then standard model. In my opinion this is more then offset by the improved handling and road feel. It is fun to drive."

Best SUV in class

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Of SUVs the most fun. Not as boring as a Highlande"

Cons: "Not thrilled with the dark fake wood(?)."

"Only V8 in class. Only rear wheel drive in class making it a better 4 wheel drive. Bells and whistles on the Citadel great. Towing capablility exceptional for class. Excellent turning radius, again, best in class. Styling is subjective but in our opinion,best in class and prefer it over the BMW X5. Do I love it? No. I hate driving SUVs but my wife wanted a 4WD SUV. If you want an SUV then get this one."

HEMI POWER! R/T Great BUY!

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "R/T Trim interior, HEMI engine, Comfort, roomy!"

Cons: "5 speed tranny? Still good..."

"I have had the R/T for about 2-3 months, and this thing just loves to get abused. It asks for more and gives more. Amazing comfortable ride and interior is first class! Car has a nice sporty look, but the wife thinks it is cute as well, so you can't go wrong either way! Dodge nailed it on the head with this car. Only complaint is that it should have a higher gear transmission, for possible gas savings? But still, gears feel right in car and not too spaced out."

Best SUV I ever owned

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "Gret Looks and fun to drive"

"Truly a SUV (Sport Utility) Traded in a Buick Enclave which also was a great vehicle. The Durango's fit and trim and options available on my Cidadel are superior to anything on the market today. My other car is a Corvette so I am used to performance and the Durango has that especially with the Hemi. Only owned it a month but did a lot of research before I purchased. I don't know wht Dodge does not advertise the Durango as it is HOT."

Very nice and fun to drive

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, interior and exterior, ride"

Cons: "Seat is a touch narrow"

"Have only had my Durango a few weeks but can honestly say (after owning many SUV's) it is one of my favorites. Bought the RT model with the Hemi and it is a lot of fun to drive for a large vehicle. Good acceleration but of course the fuel mileage suffers because even in the eco mode it am still getting 16 mpg average. Vehicle is comfortable although the seats are a little narrow and I am not a wide bodied person. Other then that the interior is top notch. One of the best(and easy to use) touch screens I have seen and I have owned a good number of vehicles. IT has to rate right at the top. Very convenient with the third seat that folds and I usually keep it folded since I don't carry more then five people usually. Exterior wise the Durango gets a lot of looks and I have had numerous people come up and comment on how they like the looks. All in all for the short time I have owned it I would say I am very glad I decided to buy a Durango. Definitely consider one if you are shopping in this category."

I Love it!

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "space, agile, options packages, lots o cup holders"

Cons: "cargo with 3rd row up"

"I LOVE my Durango. I traded in an Acadia and this is by far better. More agility, I opted for more options, have heated second row seats, and good standard sound system. The MPG could be better but I consider it average. That's not a setback IMO as I have 3 kids with 3 carseats right now and the space is great. OH! And when things fall in between the console and front seat there is actually enough space to put your hand in there and get it out! I don't think I could make a better more functional pick. It's an attractive vehicle and we love driving it."

It's been in the shop 3 times in 10 months

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "nice features, major warranty covers rental car"

Cons: "seems to break frequently"

"At mile 56 the Power Train Contol module failed. It took 16 days to have this fixed. Multiple calls to dodge, the dealership and many, many others in between. Car was not replaced but was repaired. A/C would turn on and change temperature on it's own. First visit to the dealership they couldn't find a problem. Second visit when the video was shown I was told this is suppose to happen. The car is designed so to drive with the windows up. If I have the windows down and say a truck passes by and blows hot air in the A/C will turn on to compensate. When I showed video of the rear temp chaning from low cool to high heat in the middle of a summer heat wave I was told this was normal. The temperature in the rear of the car is too cold so the car automatically compensates for the temp differance. Meanwhile my infant is sweating in the back. A/C is being fixed. Owned to car 10 months. It's been in the shop for a total of 24 days so far."

Best V6 SUV

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "A great all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "Not one"

"We needed a truck or SUV to pull our new boat. After a great deal of research we decided on the Durango. It pulls our 19' Jet Boat with ease. Even on steep ramps we have never had an issue. Towing or not, the ride is just fantastic. The quiet cabin and smooth ride, makes us glad we didn't choose a truck. A great choice for long trips too."

My favorite car ever!

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun, comfortable, styling and reliable"

Cons: "Small glove box, stick preferred over sel knob"

"I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first. There are two things I do NOT like about this car. First, the glove box is just too small. Second, the rotary dial gear selector is not my favorite. I would rather have a stick. If you're thinking gas mileage...well, it's a big honking SUV. Get over it or go by a Smart Car. So, beyond that this car is seriously my favorite and I have had a LOT of cars. It is hugely comfortable - highway or city. Handling is excellent, turn radius excellent. The cabin is quiet, seats are comfortable, instrumentation and controls just what I would have hoped for. I REALLY love the adaptive cruise control. You can fill it with stuff or you can fill it with people and everyone/everything is in a happy place. 6 footers (with any range of motion...which means don't put your great, great grandpa back there) can comfortably get into the 3rd row seats. I have the 5.7L Hemi Citadel and just love it. Styling is an individual thing but I just couldn't see myself in a Buick. The Durango is a solid muscle car that is happy to carry all the groceries, rifles, canoes, and wifey Flea Market stuff you could ever want. I've owned my 2014 for almost 18 months and 15,000 miles (yes, low miles) and have not had a single problem (there have been three recalls which were handled without issue and except for the trips to the dealer had no impact on me). I would buy one again tomorrow...and in fact, I did just about that. I got the car as a company lease vehicle in the fall of 2013 and left my company 14 months later. I was able to buy the car from my employer. Of late, I've had a Lexus RX 350 and Lincoln MKX. In past years I've also owned Explorers and not too long ago a 300C (okay, not an SUV). None of these compare to my Durango. Hope this review helps you."

Best SUV I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Very little out of pocket expenses in 2+ years"

Cons: "Automatic dimming dashboard lights."

"Very low maintenance cost, basically to take it to the dealership for "free" oil changes every 3,000 miles. Excellent quality and reliability. The 3.6L V6 24 valve VVT engine towed my 6,000lb trailer pretty handily, only steep hills seemed to slow it down. My only regret is not getting the electronic controlled driver side seat."

I would buy another one!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Pros: "Cost of ownership, functionality, styling and fun"

Cons: "Fuel economy could be better"

"I have own a 2001 Dodge Durango since day one. I have had a couple of recalls that were covered by the Dodge. Other than that, I have done nothing more than routine maintenance and even that was better than I expected. Oil changes, windshield wipers, tires and brakes. I still have the original front brakes. On the highway, this sport utility tracks true to the road and is comfortable for long trips. Locally, it handles extremely well for a large vehicle. From a utility stand point, we have had bike racks on the roof, luggage carries on the rear trailer hitch and towed all kinds of yard equipment. All in all this is a solid vehicle and will be holding on to it until I hit 300,000 miles."

Best Vehicle Owned to date 2011 Crew/Hemi/AWD

By on Friday, November 20, 2015

Pros: "Power with hemi - great handling - durability"

Cons: "shift characteristics of transmission"

"Super ride and power. Mileage is a little less with the hemi but good on highway with 4 cylinder eco on. At 60,000 miles I am amazed at how tight the vehicle still is. I didn't think much of Dodge before this vehicle. I'm glad I watched those commercials they had in 2011 bragging about the "european" handling. I thought it was likely an exaggeration. I was wrong! This is the best vehicle I've ever owned."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Looks, performance, value..."

Cons: "Gas mileage, low front grill..."

"Pros: Style is sleek, interior is roomy, comfortable and tech friendly, ride is smooth and engine (I have the V6) has all the power I need. Also like the ease of seat changing which is important with the 3rd row. I test drove the Traverse and new Explorer also and liked the looks, handling and functionality of the Durango better and also found it to be a bit of a better value. Very impressed with the improvements Dodge made it is year off ('10) for redesign. Cons: gas mileage so far has been under the guidelines. Front grill panel is too low to the road (easly to damage plastic bottom due to lack of clearance)"

Solid Suv for a fair price

By on Sunday, March 19, 2017

Pros: "acceleration, 3rd row sitting, sexy truck"

Cons: "bit pricy, nervous about the long term reliability"

"I bought the Durango R/T(V8 Hemi), its a solid vehicle for a fair price. It handles well, great acceleration, roomy. Inside cab is well designed. Outside the truck looks sexy. I have owned a Lexus IS and Toyota 4runner before I bought this truck. Only thing I am nervous about, is if this truck will hold up for the long term. Over all the 2017 Durango is a great truck for the family. If you dont want to go the Mini Van route great choice for a family vehicle."

HUGE SURPRISE

By on Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pros: "Its American folks, yes American!!!!"

"Its my personal fire engine. I got the HEAT trim in bright red. So cool, fast and comfortable for 5. Has not let me down. Many many great compliments! I had a pilot and pathfinders. Took this for a spin and was hooked. Very difficult to let this one go."

Great family Car

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Technology within the vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Milage even w/VVT, road noise, reaview sight"

"I really like this vehicle. 3RD row seating is a must for our family and the storage space available with the 3rd row in use is the best we've ever had. I wish I had the 8 speed trasnmission because the 5 speed is not really very good with the HEMI. But hey, It's got a HEMI!! It's difficult to see around you using only the rear view mirror, but the blind spot indicator is really helpfull."

Great choice for performance Suv

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Power, technology, Great looks and well designed"

Cons: "None yet"

"I researched for 2 months the best bang for my buck around a well built suv that offers both Performance, technology and value. The 2014 Durango RT is awesome and delivers a tremendous performance for the dollar. High tech, quality feel and great looks are all blended into this Suv. I bought this for my wife but get behind the wheel often. No regrets. So far we LOVE our new Durango!"

Dodge finally got it right!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Driving ease, drivetrain is excellent, fuel econ"

Cons: "Paint could be a bit better, some orange peel"

"Bought this vehicle new, tried Chevy, GMC and Buick, but needed 7 passenger to replace minivan capability third seat way too small and none drove as nice as the Durango. Looked at the Infinity JX, too expensive, small and no power, although presentation was nice. Looked at Toyota Highlander, too small, loud road noise, bubble lights looked terrible, no power, could not get wife interested in it. Dodge is averaging 20 mpg mixed, has over 3oo hp, has excellent driveability, spacious, AWD is handy in our last 14" snow - didn't slip a bit. Well equipped with everything available and reasonably priced. Completely satisfied with this purchase, now considering trade of my Silverado for new Ram - just made Motor Trend Truck of the year. Dodge is doing things right.....finally."

One of the best on the road.

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cons: "I really can't say anything bad about this SUV."

"I am surprised at the gas mileage as we get 24-26mpg on the hiway, it drops in the city but overall we get 22mpg most of the time with a combination of city and hiway. It handles amazingly well for a bigger SUV. My granddaughters love the 3rd seat. I really can't complain about the Durago as we have 14,00 miles on it, with only one minor problem with the seat. We can go through the snow like crazy(we had this last year). It really handled great on the snow, better than anything else I have driven."

Great vehicle for our family of 5 and 24 mpg city

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "MPG - Room for 6 - ZOOM!! - sure footed -"

Cons: "put ac outlets in the back seat on all vehicles"

"When searching for a replacement for Camry, the criteria was seating for 5, I must be able to put my 6"4" body in front and back seats. The two captians chairs allow for easy access to the third row. The heated seats/steering wheel, and LARGE touch screen is great. The rear camera allows for flawless parking. Turn on the eco button and configurating the gas effiency meter and we are getting 24 mpg city - 28 mpg in comfort. Love the keyless entry and rotary shifter. Essentially it is a Grand Cherokee XL."

Great SUV

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "High quality, super interior design, great ride, better that avertised mpg"

Cons: "would have liked leather included in the base Crew as standard"

"I've owned four Jeeps (2 Wranglers and 2 Gr. Cherokees) my last was a 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition. I started looking at Dodges (Journey, Grand Caravan, Durango) as I wanted a vehicle with a 3rd row seat. I decided on a 2011 Durango Crew and am sure glad I did. The fit and finish is 1st class and the ride is great. I think its a great vehicle for the money and the bluetooth, power liftgate, radio/HD/SAT are awsome. This is one vehicle that I will be keeping for a long time. By the way I just averaged over 25mpg on the highway, not too bad for a big sport ute."

lOVE THE CAR BUT ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS REDUCE RELIAB

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

"Car has been returned to dealer for service 15 times in the last 13 months."