2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great Value

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

"This SUV continues to impress me with both the major issues like driving dynamics, comfort and quiet as well as minor conveniences like automatic seat and sterring wheel warmer when remote-starting the car in cold weather. It has good power, acceptable gas mileage, and great comfort. I had an incident on the freeway where I had to make an emergency lane change at 65 MPH. I was amazed at the quick lane change and immediate return to stright line progress in the next lane with no oversteer, most likely attributable to a very good stability control system. Good on the big picture, good on the details."

Really nice!

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "Fully Loaded"

"Reading the reviews, I found I was not the only one that came out of a Tahoe into a Citadel Durango. I traded in my 2011 Tahoe for the Durango, which was a very good trade. Like others I have not looked back either. This vehicle to me has all the bells and whistles...so much my "Geek Granddaughter" programed it. I have received several compliments on how nice my vehicle looks! The only thing I added were running boards due to several friends having trouble entering in and out of vehicle. This feature really looks nice as well! I highly recommend this vehicle"

Most SUV for the money. By far.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG, Looks, Room, Handling"

Cons: "Finish of the cloth interior could be better."

"This SUV is way less expensive than most others out there. It looks awesome, has plenty of power in the V6, and is actually fun to drive. It corners well for an SUV. The next closest SUV I was looking at was about $10,000 more, and after comparing this to the others, there is no way they are $10,000 better. This is a great vehicle and for the size of the interior you can expect to spend a lot more for something else."

Great SUV, good mpg for a large suv, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "MPG, handling, interior/exterior design, great V6"

Cons: "Bit heavy, no 3rd row on the Heat model"

"I purchased a I4 GMC Terrain FWD as I still wanted an SUV, but wanted decent MPG. What a disappointment. Seven months later I decided I couldn't handle the disappointing real world MPG and weak engine that I compromised in hopes of getting somewhere near the MPG claim. So I traded in the Terrain for a '11 Durango Heat AWD and I couldn't be happier. I get near full size SUV capacity, a very strong V6 and I'm only off by 2 MPG vs the Terrain in city driving and it only has 500 miles on it. I have had a couple of 50 mile HWY trips so far and based on the EVIC I'm averaging 23 MPG HWY now, I was getting about 25 MPG max on the Terrain. This was with a FWD vs the AWD in the Durango. Plus I didn't have to deal with the gear hunting of the 6 speed tranny in the Terrain. Disregard the negative comments about the 5 speed tranny in the Durango. It does just fine. I'd rather give up 1 or 2 MPG than deal with the potential of the gears always hunting. Fit and finish is great and the Heat trim handles very good for such a large SUV. This one is a keeper."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pros: "Great SUV"

"completed 3 trips from Chicago to Florida. Love driving this SUV. Tested others and the Dodge came out on top."

Great SUV for road trips and daily driving

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Perfect size, MPG, great driving dynamics for SUV"

Cons: "paint quality"

"Put on over 5K miles this year on road trips so far. Can't think of a better SUV to travel. The V6 offers plenty of power. Been averaging about 75 mph on the interstates with 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 weeks worth of luggage, averaging nearly 25 mpg. It's comfortable for the 8+ hour drives between the next stop. We use this as our main DD and average about 16 mpg around town, which is OK with the short drives. Overall, it's been excellent so far. I'm not sure what I'd replace with it if I had to get a new vehicle. There are a few small issues: 1. It's extremely difficult to remove any bug/road stains off the white paint. Even with multiple waxing, nothing comes off the paint without major scrubbing. 2. There a a handful of paint chips/imperfections throught out the body. Most can be fixed with touch up, but paint quality seems to be an issue. 3. There is an annoying rattle/click somewhere near the front of the drive side. Seems to rattle more with throttle. Multiple dealers still can't figure it out and have replaced a shock thinking it was defective. Still rattles."

I love this truck!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Reasonal price, good gas mileage, nice base model"

Cons: "Rear shock went at 800 miles"

"Before this truck I owned a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, and a 2011 Jeep Liberty and this is by far my favorite truck so far. Now the Durango is obviously not as fun as the Wrangler was but for a family hauler it cant be beat. This trucks engine is amazing! Its the perfect balance of power and fuel economy. The handling is very impressive and very carlike. Who knew a 5000 pound truck can ever handle like this? The styling is also very mean looking which is awesome! I can haul 7 people like a minivan can but still feel cool. The Durango also has crazy amount of space. I always have enough room to fit everything I need. I even was able to fit a stack of 10 foot 2x6's in it and close the back tailgate. Pretty impressive in my book. All in all, I love this truck!"

Love this rig!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Drives like a car, not a people hauler!"

Cons: "Very firm seats"

"I researched the 2012 Dodge Durango R/T extensively before buying and all reviews I read came down to a few negatives that made me wonder if buying one was a good idea. Many reviewers talked about the ride comfort being compromised with the sport tuned suspension. After driving both the Crew version and the R/T let me say that the main difference in the suspension is that when you hit a bump the Crew will disperse that bump so that you feel less at first and then continue to feel it a little less and then a little less until it is gone. With the R/T you feel the bump and it is gone immediately. It isn't jarring or disturbing unless you expect to feel absolutely no bumps on the road. (I should also clarify for all readers that my previous car was a 2001 Toyota Highlander, so if you are driving something considerably newer maybe the ride would feel different to you. It certainly is not a negative for me.) Gas mileage is the other negative listed in other reviews. We own two other Dodge's that have V-8 engines and I can say that neither of them come close to the 19 mpg highway I can get in this Durango due to the cylinder reduction of the engine. This feature even works in city driving. Pretty much anytime you are not actively stepping down on the gas it will reduce the number of cylinders. (Going up to stop signs, down hills, driving in a flat area, etc.) In straight city driving I would imagine this car would be somewhere between 15-17 miles per gallon. I don't know for sure because I have never done it. Being stuck in traffic idling for a long time would probably cause gas guzzling as well. (My V-6 Toyota would only get somewhere between 17 and 22 mpg, so this mileage seems pretty incredible for a V-8 engine that will haul 7.) Overall I love this vehicle! My main goal with a new car was to get something that was fun to drive with more room. My kids were getting too big to sit 3 across the backseat of my Toyota. My 9 year old would have to lift up his butt so that his siblings in booster seats could get buckled on either side. If need be I can put all three across the back seat of the Durango without the lifting up on the part of the middle passenger, but I haven't had to. It is nice to be able to space them out and the access to the 3rd seat is so easy the kids can do it. My favorite features are the feel of the car while driving, tight turning radius, sunroof, bluetooth, 3rd row seat, and the storage space under the floor behind the 3rd row. My kids love all the places to charge/plug in their electronics. The only small disappointment I have is that on a long drive the seats can be a bit uncomfortable. However, they are easily adjusted to take the pressure off the numb parts. This car is very well designed and planned out, plus I love that it was made in the good old USA! I gave it a 9 on value, but I should clarify we got ours for a great deal; it's just a lot of money to pay for a car regardless. Price wise stacked up against the competition it is very competitive, plus many of it's competitors don't even offer an eight cylinder engine."

Love This Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"We love the new Durango! Has all the features we were looking for and more. Love the way it looks, drives, and feels. Its a real head turner."

Best looking SUV on the market

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "A blast to drive. good power, lots of room!"

Cons: "trailer package not standard on Crew"

"We have owned our Durango crew for a litle over a month. We were looking at an explorer and highlander. Needed a 3row suv to transport 2 kids and 2 dogs. Decided to stop at the Dodge dealership just to test out a 3rd vehicle. We immediatly fell in love with the Durango. Our kids felt that they had the most room in the third row in the Durango. In my opinion its the best looking suv out there. We have a cabin in the mountains and we have been there 3 times already in our new Durango! It accelerates nicely on the hills (I have the V6). Does well off road in the mud and snow. I have been pleasently suprised with the gas mileage. We have been averaging between 20-22. On the highway we're getting close to 26! The uconnect system is great. Automatic high beams and automatic windshield wipers were also a nice suprise! If I had any complaints it would be that Dodge is really pushing the towing capacity yet my Durango with a 37k sticker price does not have a standard tow hitch! Didnt even realize that since i enjoyed everything else so much."

LONG TIME WAITING

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price for all the features, gadgets, & value"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"I have been looking at several vehicles. I almost got the 2012 early this year but I'm glad I waited for the 2013. The features of the crew is the best. More than I can ask for epecially for being a techy guy. Most dealers wanted 36-42k for the this SUV, but I found a local dealer that sold it for $32600 out the door. I love this Durango!"

Worryfree and economical

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "reliabilty, fuel economy, ride"

Cons: "No diesel available"

"89,000 miles in 34 months. Never been to the dealer for any service or repair. All maintenance suggested completed and probably a few beyond the recommendations. Factory tires and brakes exceeded my expectations. Reliability, Ride, fuel economy and towing exceeded my expectations. If they would let us have the diesel it would be close to the perfect vehicle with the 2014 upgrades."

Excellent quality & handling. Great value.

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

Pros: "Great all around vehicle."

Cons: "None so far"

"Purchase Limited package with 6 cylinder. So far with very limited miles everything has been great. No issues at all. Confortable, handles well. To soon to determine how gas mileage will average out. Getting 25mpg during highway driving."

Love this SUV

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "Power, dependability, adrenalin rush!"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This thing has power. We pull our 29ft (5,000lb) camper behind it and the 5.7 Hemi has no problem towing it. Ours has the tow package so it is equipped with a transmission cooler and I wouldn't tow anything that big without that feature. I never thought that I'd really care for a backup camera, until I started hooking up my camper or my flatbed trailer. With the camera, I can do it without getting out of the vehicle 20 times or needing a helper. We just took this on a family trip (about 1,200 miles). The fuel economy isn't great (avg. 18-20mpg) on a long trip, but hey, this thing's got a Hemi, what do you expect. 360HP, AWD. We've had our worst snow in 20 years here and I never worry about which vehicle to take out. This one can do it all and when you pull up beside someone at a stoplight, the dual exhaust sounds great. They think twice about "seeing what you've got under the hood". When you push it to the floor, you feel it. I've always been a "Ford" man (still am), until I bought this machine, now I've come around to the great things Dodge has done."

best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Best new car I ever owned. Owed it for two years never had a problem The only service was Oil&filter&tire rotation"

Very nice drivingand ashort turning radius.

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Very nice suv overall"

Cons: "seat molding"

"Ilike my Durango except the molding around the seat keeps breaking. It handles very well in snow and on dry roads. we get 24-26mpg, so I can't complain about anything but the seat. i like my Durango"

By far the best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pros: "Drive, Look and the sound system"

Cons: "There are not any"

"We traded in our Jeep Wrangler for this vehicle. This vehicle is the most comfortable on long trips with the family. I would recommend this Durango gem to anyone looking for a car that is loaded with options, comfort, reliability and class. Our vehicle insurance dropped in cost as well due to all the safety options included in the car. Best Alpine sound system I ever heard and that's right it's all about the base. If you want a car that will turns heads and is a pure pleasure to drive. Get yourself a Dodge Durango. You will not regret it."

The right one.

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"We own the Durango Crew and we love it. It really handles nice in the snow. I have gotten 26MPG, which is very surprising for a SUV. It turns very short and I can't say enough about it. The second row seats have plenty of room. The ride is very smooth. The wind does affect gas mileage like any other SUV. We have not noticed any wind noise. The seats arew very comfortable."

Great SUV

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive for an SUV"

Cons: "slow acceleration, sits higher than a car"

"I bought a 2013 AWD Dodge Durango Crew three weeks ago because of the cargo room, third row seat, second row captian chairs option, AWD option and towing package option. I chose the captians chairs because they felt more comfortable than the bench and also allows easy access to the third row. Also the manufacturers towing package has some engine upgrades that you won't get if the towing package is after market. I did get the back-up camera and it is the feature that I love the most. GET THE BACK UP CAMERA, you won't be sorry."

RECALLS AND MALFUNCTIONS

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pros: "Nice styling. good engine power"

Cons: "cant shift. suspension bottoms out"

LOOKS GOOD.. DRIVES TERRIBLE

"Alternator recall. Fuelpump relay recall. Brake booster recall. Now power steering leak. Transmission control module failure.. AHHHH SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW"

LOOKS GOOD.. DRIVES TERRIBLE

Transmission is a PROBLEM!!!

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy to handle"

Cons: "transmission"

"Love the comfort of my Citadel, but I owned the 2011 Dodge Citadel and the transmission went out at 32,000 miles & I am noticing that the 2013 that replaced my 2011 is showing the same problems and it only has 12,000 miles on it. The only reason I agreed to purchase the '13 was because I could not trade in my '11 in for something othr than a Dodge without a transmission. I was fairly stuck with either renting a car while they repaired my vehicle or suck up the loss and just drive away with a new one and hoped that it would be better. I was wrong. I should have demanded they fix mine and traded it in for something more reliable. I would love to know if anyone else is having this problem, because all I see are perfect scores???"

Like it so well, I just ordered a '17 like this 1.

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "high value, handy, great mpg for 7 seats"

Cons: "would like full 4x4, but that's for Jeeps"

"I traded my beloved '12 Caravan on this needing AWD. I have been very happy with the change. Mpg in nearly the same 28 on hiway, avg 23.5. spacious, handy, seats fold easily, great in winter bought it 2 yr ago with 90k on it, have done tires, brakes, computer update. Very nice ride on hiway, quiet, haul grandkids in it all the time. I think people overlook the value and quality here."

Love It

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"I've had a Durango before and this one is world's apart from my 2004. Bought this in 2012 and I couldn't be happier. Only issue I would gripe about is the brakes squeek when backing out of my driveway first thing in the morning. The dealership told me that's normal but i've never had that problem before. Other than that, it's an excellent vehicle and looks great."

Chrysler's best effort to date!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Good quality build. AWD for me a must."

Cons: "Service cost for petty items after 12 months."

"They're almost there. American auto makers still haven't figured out what they have to do with service. That's one of the reasons they never catch foreign car makers. Things like loaner cars and no hassle servicing. I have owned my Dodge Durango Citadel for 14 months and think it's the best Chrysler I've owned to date. Last month both of my fog light bulbs went out and found out they are not covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. The service associate told me in short terms, "nope, bulbs aren't covered after 12months/12,000 miles." Cost to replace both lamps, $90. for parts and min. hour labor.I went to O'Reilly's and replaced them myself for $62. You wouldn't think a 14 month old car would need lamps yet? At 45K for a Dodge I may go a little more and look at BMW next time around."

lOVE THE CAR BUT ELECTRONIC PROBLEMS REDUCE RELIAB

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

"Car has been returned to dealer for service 15 times in the last 13 months."