2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, power, features, looks, ride"

Cons: "vehcle must be running for rear power outlet?"

"I purchased the Citadel with a Hemi and all options except the captain seats. The day I drove it home, I received two compliments on the appearance of the vehicle. One guy even followed me when I exited the highway to make sure of the make and model. "that is really an awesome car". He was driving an Escalade. I have received many other compliments and inquiries. There are not a lot of them on the road. That's cool too. The bluetooth is there for my Iphone, my sons Ipad and pandora and someone else can watch a dvd at the same time. The addaptive cruise control is phenominal when on a long trip. The Hemi has plenty of passing power. The vehicle is so quiet. It seems to float down the highway. Just load one up and buy it. You won't be disappointed."

Dodge Durango Citadel is the best SUV in all areas

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive one to know that this is truly the best of the best"

"I tested Explorer, Highlander, Piliot, Arcadia, Traverse. None came close if your looking for a 5-7 passenger SUV - Inovation - style - Power (The V-8 Hemi turns to a powerful 4 cylinder when cruising and wil get 25 mpg) - Value - Comfort A Hybrid gets good gas mileage but is heavy and what happens to the battery when it dies? A Diesel is better for the environment than any Hybrid but it's a shame the clean Diesel SuV are so costly or would have preferred to buy. I am extremely happy and proud of my Durango that shows America can make great vehicles!!! Toyota or Honda had none of the high tech options the Citadel has."

Great for a family

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "wonderful price,looks great,drives well"

Cons: "no step/running board to get into suv"

"I just got my car a week ago and bought it certified and I love it. I got the crew awd and my son who is almost 2 years old loves sitting up high and I have a baby on the way, who will be here shortly. When I took the car for a test drive I got in the third row(yes, I did 8 months pregnant and all) and I had plenty of room and that was very important to me because when my husband is driving and the kids are fussy I can go to the third row to make sure they are fine.There is alot of leg room in the second row plus I love the fact that there is an outlet in the second row so my son can watch his dvd. The voice connect works very well and I love the touch screen radio. The car gives you a lot for its money and it drives very well and looks great. I am so happy with this vehicle as it sits high, has great steering, and nice features including the rear view camera,fog lamps,blue tooth and sooo much more.. I can say that I am a proud owner, the trunk space is much bigger than the highlander and the acura mdx so Im glad i chose the durango cause at first I was skeptical about an american car as I use to have a toyota and my husband has nissan but OVERALL WE MADE A GREAT CHOOSE.... I HOPE THIS REVIEW HELPS:)"

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

Great Overall Product, Dodge has stepped up!

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, great standard features, comfortable"

"You get a lot for the money. Great value in the packages and add-ons. We looked at the Explorer, Pilot, Traverse, Armada, Acadia, and we chose the Durango. The fit and finish of the Durango seemed superior to the competition. The RWD was a plus. The interior is amazingly soft and attractive. Fun to drive, and has a great turning radius. Voice activated Navi works well, as compared to the very negatively reviewed MyFordTouch. We can't speak to reliabilty, it's too early to tell."