2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

stunning

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Great options for the price. Spacious. Safe."

Cons: "accelleration from a stop (we have the V6 engine)"

"Purchased 2011 Citadel at end of model year and found a great deal. Prior to driving this automobile, Dodge/Jeep were at the bottom of my wish list. The vehicle is loaded with options. I could not find anything even close in other large SUVs for the price. Great for family with kids and for parents not ready for a minivan. Plenty of room even for adults in the 2nd and 3rd row seating. Entertainment system is very worthwhile for people with children. Much more comfortable ride than similar large SUVs. Safety features are wonderful. Only downside is it is a bit slow in accellerating from a stop (V6 engine). Not so much of an issue between 50-70 mph. Handles very well in winter weather as well."

Well designed, well built

By on Friday, September 23, 2016

Pros: "Good value, good fuel mileage, right size for most"

Cons: "Looks plain/boring/dull in white"

"The Durango is a very capable vehicle. The 8 speed auto shifts smoothly but the rotary dial takes some time to get used to. Full time/automatic AWD, so if you want to choose then you should get the Grand Cherokee. Impressive highway fuel mileage (26 mpg observed) but it drops off quick in the city. Still not bad though. The race track tail lights are cool. The reconfigurable dash is also pretty unique."

Traded up from G Cherokee

By on Saturday, September 23, 2017

Pros: "Great 6 seater, easy to axcess the rear seats"

Cons: "No sport mode"

"In Feb 2016 I took my 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited in for a oil change and came out with a 2015 Durango Limited, they offered me a trade in price that was close to what I had given in Feb 2013, I had driven the G/C for almost 3 years, It was one of the first of the new models, I dont think the dealer realized that it was that old, It had given so much trouble that after a lot of phone calls to Chrysler they had extended the coverage to 5 years. (see my posts on the G/C reviews) The Durango Limited has the same basic drive train with a slightly bigger body, mine has the 3 row seat option and captains chairs making it a 6 seat model. After 19 months and 14k miles, no problems at all, average about 20mpg. The roof racks have been removed because of the moon roof, why? The only other grip is that it does not have the sport shift position, I miss that. So far I am very happy with the Durango, watch this space."

Greatest overlooked SUV

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Before the Durango I had an Infinity FX 35 and a GMC Acadia. This Durango has them beat. The engineering and the features are the greatest and work flawlessly. It's a dream to own."

Nice Updated SUV with a HEMI

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, bigger than it looks, updated"

Cons: "lack of storage space"

"Coming from a Fully loaded Tahoe, I was very apprehensive about the room in the Durango, or lack there of. It is ridiculously spacious with great head and leg room. The ride is comfortable and equipped with the latest technoligies that a mom could ask for! DVD player, Navagation, Cruise Control, power everything, Reachable Rear Climate controls, etc. The negative to this vehicle is the storage space. With two small children, full size carseats, double stroller, baby bags, etc. I cannot make use of the thrid row seating because they need to be folded down to accomdate all the extra baggage. The one feature I LOVE is the that the doors swing FULLY open for easy access to back seats. There is no more, removing the third row seats to make room, they simply fold down flat with a simple pull of a cord. The comfort and drive are spectacular and it handles nice in all TEXAS weather conditions. Very responsive to turning and braking. I love that I no longer need to change my oil every 3000 miles. I can go up to 10K without changing. The pricing was a little sttep but you really get what you pay for! Overall, it was a good purchase!"