2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

2015 Dodge Durango Citadel 6 cylinder

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"The Durango is generally an excellent large SUV. The high points: excellent gas mileage for such a large vehicle (our experience in mixed driving is 19-23 mpg), control and handling on icy roads is excellent, it provides a soft and quite road on the highway, seats are comfortable, power is adequate, the front screen is larger than its competitors, UConnect system is generally good, stereo is good except for a flaw in the programming mentioned below. Lows: The soft ride can be uncomfortable in mountain driving-too much body roll, the programming of the stereo volume is flawed - if you turn the level to less than 10 the sound is all bass with no treble, auto headlight diming works poorly, limited storage space in the front for nick-nacks, voice module does not always work as well as it should. Grade B+/A-"

Great for a family

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

Pros: "wonderful price,looks great,drives well"

Cons: "no step/running board to get into suv"

"I just got my car a week ago and bought it certified and I love it. I got the crew awd and my son who is almost 2 years old loves sitting up high and I have a baby on the way, who will be here shortly. When I took the car for a test drive I got in the third row(yes, I did 8 months pregnant and all) and I had plenty of room and that was very important to me because when my husband is driving and the kids are fussy I can go to the third row to make sure they are fine.There is alot of leg room in the second row plus I love the fact that there is an outlet in the second row so my son can watch his dvd. The voice connect works very well and I love the touch screen radio. The car gives you a lot for its money and it drives very well and looks great. I am so happy with this vehicle as it sits high, has great steering, and nice features including the rear view camera,fog lamps,blue tooth and sooo much more.. I can say that I am a proud owner, the trunk space is much bigger than the highlander and the acura mdx so Im glad i chose the durango cause at first I was skeptical about an american car as I use to have a toyota and my husband has nissan but OVERALL WE MADE A GREAT CHOOSE.... I HOPE THIS REVIEW HELPS:)"

Once loyal Toyota owner, trades both in for TWO!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Ex. ride, handling, int. quality, looks & towing!"

Cons: "resale, Durango name & association with it"

"As a sales rep. and auto enthusiast, I drive and have owned many cars, this by far is the most under appreciated design on the market for the money! I was buying new Toyotas every year or 2, I traded my '11 Tundra Crew for my work Durango, 13' SXT Rallye AWD, love the handling, the interior design and quality, loved it so much, I traded my wife's '10 Venza Limited for a '13 Durango R/T AWD with every option, inc. the Adaptive cruise control (MB tech.) this is must have option. The car my wife had prior was a '06 MB R350 4Matic, this design and quality (also ML, GL class) are very much related, the dash, all the electronics, elec. key and keyless go, seats, layout inside and the 5 spd transmission on my SXT/main platform are all Mercedes tech. and borrowed parts, the trans, is borrowed directly from MB (not sure on the 6-spd in R/T, but great). The Toyotas would be more reliable, but nothing to complain about with the Dodge's so far, I have 38000+ on mine and 8000 on the wife's R/T. We still respect Toyota for what they build, but they had no vehicle in this tow class, we have a large boat and tow an enclosed trailer. The ride on the Durango is as good or better than the MB R Class, it's smoother. The R-Class had the air ride suspension, we traded it for a Toyota, after 2 trips to the dealer for the air ride pump, under warranty, but no local dealers. Dodge has a great vehicle here, hopefully the new ownership, Fiat, respect that and don't kill this heavily Daimler/MB influenced quality design they inherited with the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge-Ram buyout! Only issue is they should have changed the name, Durango to me, before, meant truck based unreliable SUV, I think it might hurt the resale due to that, though this Durango shares nothing with that uglier/aged design, luckily!"

Great Overall Product, Dodge has stepped up!

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, great standard features, comfortable"

"You get a lot for the money. Great value in the packages and add-ons. We looked at the Explorer, Pilot, Traverse, Armada, Acadia, and we chose the Durango. The fit and finish of the Durango seemed superior to the competition. The RWD was a plus. The interior is amazingly soft and attractive. Fun to drive, and has a great turning radius. Voice activated Navi works well, as compared to the very negatively reviewed MyFordTouch. We can't speak to reliabilty, it's too early to tell."

Really surprised me!

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "All around comfort, drive-ability, good looks."

Cons: "Plastic skid pads on interior rear"

"I looked at the Durango, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and GMC Acadia. I ended up coming back to the Durango which I originally wasn't even going to consider. Not sure why Kelly gave such a bad review when everyone else gave it high grades across the board. Really well put together from the interior trim to it's drivability. Nice open feel. If you take a serious look and not think "oh it's American made" it will win you over. Has a bit more of a muscular feel while being just as, or more, comfortable as any in its class. Love this SUV."