2011 Dodge Durango

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

My first lemon

By on Saturday, April 2, 2016

Pros: "Loaded Citadel thats Fun to drive, Looks great"

Cons: "8 speed transmission constantly slips"

"After having this car made to order at the 30 mile mark, the whole back end came out. Little did I know that this would be the start of all this vehicles issues I never thought were possible. The brakes were never the same after they attempted to repair the back end twice. When I stop the vehicle it sounds like an old metal can coming to a stop. My navigation went crazy while I was on vacation and it took me and my family to another side of Virginia while traveling from New York. And one of the most important problems for this vehicle is that the 8 speed transmission,constantly slips while your driving. The dealership has no fix for it, but wont say that to you."

An Unexpected Choice

By on Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pros: "tight turning radius, narrow body, ride quality"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I was looking for a 3-row SUV to replace our old minivan and unexpectedly found the Durango meeting almost all of the criteria, except for the gas mileage. I especially appreciate the narrow body and tight turning radius which make parking into garage and in parking lots much easier than other wide-body SUVs. In addition, the 3rd row seat has enough legroom for adults, the ride quality is balanced and smooth thanks to its rear-wheel drive, the rear-view camera with cross-traffic and lane-change detection are very useful, and the interior design and material are superior to its competitors."

Best SUV ever owned!

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "Safety features are huge. Interior very comfy."

Cons: "Manual side mirrors."

"We decide that we wanted a SUV after attending the Baltimore Car Show in Feb. 2013. I have to admit I walked right pass the Durango, didn't even see it. Saw everything else and paid attention to what we saw. Getting home, we made our list of SUV's and what they offered.Then I came across the Durango and liked everything I read. So time for the test drive and we were in love! Rugged looks, comfortable interior and EVIC system is awesome! I cant tell you enough how much we have enjoyed driving our Citadel V6.It has so many conveniences, too many to mention and you feel safe in this thing. I only wish it had electric side mirrors. Other than that, totally happy! :)"

Excellent road Vehicle with power and good MPGs!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun, comfortable, power, excellent MPGs!"

Cons: "8 speeds for city driving is too many!"

"Fun, comfortable, powerful yet excellent Mpg for vehicle type!"

Blown away!

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "value, solid chassis, luxury"

Cons: "low tech stereo graphics, no mid row capt chairs"

"I've never been a Dodge fan, but when we started shopping for a mid size suv/crossover it ended up on the short list quickly. We were just coming out of a minivan and wanted something with a bit of style. We were able to pickup a loaded Citadel for about the same money as a mid level Explorer or GM SUV. The only other vehicle that we seriously considered was the CX9. We went for the Citadel because it had a few extra options and was a fresher design. I don't regret it for a minute. It is constantly getting stares from people and my wife says she is often complemented by both men and woman. It rides amazingly quite and handles like a sports sedan. Two minor gripes, it needs the newer radio and display from the Journey and Charger. The current radio/nav works well, but looks low tech and cheesy compared to the rest of the truck. The other, and this is now an option in the 12's, is I wish we had captains chairs like the Lamda's. It is a pain in the neck, even with child boosters, if you have a car seat."