2009 Dodge Durango

Based on 742 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Really solid in all aspects

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "comfort, hauling capacity, reliability"

Cons: "plastic trim in wear areas-"

"Solid performer for over 120k miles. Three battery replacements and some plactic breakage on seat trim have been only complaints. Averaging about 17 MPG with 5.7 litre hemi. Real comfortable highway vehicle. Reasonable service costs compared to some foreign brands. Replaced belts and hoses at 90k miles as a routine practice. Brake pads replaced and rotors turned at 109k miles. I will probably keep to 200k miles. I have been pleasantly surprised in many ways by this vehicle."

good all around suv

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"i have a 2006 durango with the hemi v-8 and its fully loaded leather dvd 2 setting driver seat rear air you get the point i have had NO problems and the car can flat out fly. for an suv, love the car wouldnt trade it for anything"

great family vehicle

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "lots of room, drives great, great price, good for all weather"

"I have had my 2008 Durango for 3 years now and still LOVE it! I went to the dealership with 3 requirements: 1. 4-wheel drive 2. room for 3 carseats and 3. lower payments. We all fit in comfortably with plenty of storage in the back for toys, groceries, luggage, strollers, etc. or we can flip the backseat up and take along friends. We've taken several road trips in the Durango and have not had a single problem nor have we had to do any major work on the vehicle yet. The bonus is that living in the midwest, winters are a pain and I have never been stuck in the snow nor slid off the road on ice. This truck handles like a dream. I plan on keeping this truck for another 100,000 miles!"

Best Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I bought my 2005 Limited w/Hemi and it had about 81,000. I had to replace the Catalytic Converter as it was shot and of course warranty was up at 80,000. I did not hold this against the vehicle as it was just one of those things where there was probably something in the gas and not really a big deal. I also replaced the multi-switch that controls turn signals and wipers. Total repairs are about $400. The truck drives great and can tow a lot. I do not have MDS as I just missed out on that and I get 13-14 with a very heavy foot. I don't understand why people talk bad about Dodge this vehicle is great and so was my last Durango and Grand Cherokee. If you are out there shopping I would suggest you take a look at a rig like this as they really are a gem. They cost less than a Tahoe and have way less issues from what I have found. I don't have a warranty on mine and have about 103,000 on my truck and I really don't care this thing runs great."

Great value

By on Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Great value (IF bought used) and drives good for a big SUV. Perfect size for 90% of us - smaller than the Suburban/Expedition crowd but bigger than the Pathfinders/Explorers out there. We have 4 kids and bought to pull a trailer, which it does a fine job doing (we have the HEMI). The back seat and rear storage is a bit tight but certainly adeqaute. Mechanically very dependable but some minor quality issues. Lots of vehicle for the money, but don't buy new because of the enormous initial depreciation!"