2007 Dodge Durango

Based on 742 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Very nice SUV

By on Saturday, July 4, 2009

"I have owned this car since new and have put 100k miles on it. I love the interior room, the seats (very comfortable), the sound system and the overall ergonomics. It offers a great ride on the open road, and its size and height give you a great sense of security (especially when passing large trucks). I have always driven SUVs and this is easily the best I've owned, my Explorer and Bronco don't even compare. The Durango is much more refined . . . and much more powerful. Only drawbacks include a problem w/ the rear differential around 80k miles which cost me $2k to fix. Other than that, just normal maintenance. Some pet peves, I think the interior plastic trim is on the cheap side, stains easily and the overall fit and finish could be better. However, that is quickly overlooked when you put your foot down and the 5.7L Hemi launches you on to the highway or past slow moving traffic. Fuel econonmy is obviously not great (its an SUV) but I average about 17 mpg which was the same as my 6 cyl 4.0L Explorer. Overall nice SUV and great value for the money."

Extremely comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"I was very impressed with this vehicle! I drove it off of the showroom floor directly home to pack to evacuate to LA because of Hurricane Ike! It drove like it was driving itself! It was so very easy to drive and the comfort was incredible! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

big family suv

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"This vehicle is very nice for families that have more than four kids-we have 5. Overlooking the ongoing electrical issues, the vehicle is a very nice vehicle. It is reliable-the electrical issues do not have an effect on how the vehicle performs, the breaking is awesome, and it handles nice in the mountains, and even thought it is a 2x4-it handles well in 2-4 inches of snow, the gas mileage is so-so, and if you have a large family-its best to do any shopping without the kids-lack of room behind the third row. There is only room for a double stroller, and a small diaper bag behind the third row. If using two car seats you can only use the latch system on the seats closest to the rear doors-thus any other child has to put the middle part of the backseat down in order to get into the back. For a teenager-it can be difficult. Improvements could be made in the roominess-the dashboard-too big-wasted space, and improvements have been made in the newer models in M.P.G. Also this vehicle is known for "cheap" trim, when I purchased this vehicle, the trim on the sides of the front seats were already cracked, and I have seen this on other Durangos like mine-the cost for replacement for both sides around $260.00. overall Happy with what I drive-except for the electrical issues"

EXCELLENT SUV

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"This is the sixth Dodge truck that my wife and I have purchased---- all of them new. This is the first one that has depreciated so much. That doesn't matter since we love this '06 Limited. Love the HEMI, styling, ride, comfort, and reliability. I will keep this one for a long time if it remains reliable. Can't imagine traveling in anything but this Durango. And for those that complain about the mileage-----what in the heck are you buying a heavy V8 powered SUV for? Go buy some econo box and hope you don't get in an accident."

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007