2006 Dodge Durango

Based on 739 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

I love the SUV its the best vehicle ive ever had

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "a/c didn't last more than 4 yrs"

"It's comfortable, reliable, and very good in the snow. I've had to put very little money into this vehicle and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned and have had it now for over 9 yrs. Only used the four wheel drive for my driveway and the regular woods and the mountain/hilly side roads didn't need the 4WD. Very spacious and comfy for all passengers even in the third row seating."

Loved this vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reason: Mileage getting high

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, powerful"

Cons: "Maintenance costs high, interior road noise"

"We loved our 2005 Dodge Durango w/Hemi engine. We finally decided to sell it when it reached 142,000 miles as we no longer needed to tow anything. I agree that maintenance was costly and we did notice some road noise, but overall we were more than pleased, and with the Hemi even our gas mileage was good."

Really solid in all aspects

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "comfort, hauling capacity, reliability"

Cons: "plastic trim in wear areas-"

"Solid performer for over 120k miles. Three battery replacements and some plactic breakage on seat trim have been only complaints. Averaging about 17 MPG with 5.7 litre hemi. Real comfortable highway vehicle. Reasonable service costs compared to some foreign brands. Replaced belts and hoses at 90k miles as a routine practice. Brake pads replaced and rotors turned at 109k miles. I will probably keep to 200k miles. I have been pleasantly surprised in many ways by this vehicle."

great family vehicle

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "lots of room, drives great, great price, good for all weather"

"I have had my 2008 Durango for 3 years now and still LOVE it! I went to the dealership with 3 requirements: 1. 4-wheel drive 2. room for 3 carseats and 3. lower payments. We all fit in comfortably with plenty of storage in the back for toys, groceries, luggage, strollers, etc. or we can flip the backseat up and take along friends. We've taken several road trips in the Durango and have not had a single problem nor have we had to do any major work on the vehicle yet. The bonus is that living in the midwest, winters are a pain and I have never been stuck in the snow nor slid off the road on ice. This truck handles like a dream. I plan on keeping this truck for another 100,000 miles!"

Best Vehicle I Have Owned

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I bought my 2005 Limited w/Hemi and it had about 81,000. I had to replace the Catalytic Converter as it was shot and of course warranty was up at 80,000. I did not hold this against the vehicle as it was just one of those things where there was probably something in the gas and not really a big deal. I also replaced the multi-switch that controls turn signals and wipers. Total repairs are about $400. The truck drives great and can tow a lot. I do not have MDS as I just missed out on that and I get 13-14 with a very heavy foot. I don't understand why people talk bad about Dodge this vehicle is great and so was my last Durango and Grand Cherokee. If you are out there shopping I would suggest you take a look at a rig like this as they really are a gem. They cost less than a Tahoe and have way less issues from what I have found. I don't have a warranty on mine and have about 103,000 on my truck and I really don't care this thing runs great."