2006 Dodge Durango

Based on 740 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Going Large

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"My first American car, I leased it originally with a great deal on the outgoing 2004 model (newer style at the time). I just refinanced the rest of the value as it was going to cost $100 a month more to get the same kind of car today. I got the towing package, meaning upgraded electronics and mirrors. The only blind spot I have is with the front windscreen pillars. Roof rack and running boards are a must. The cargo space is huge - I've used it to carry a Grandfather Clock and even a 3-seater couch (!). Ride is smooth, sometimes the suspension can be a little too soft though (bounces nicely from side to side). Power is mostly in the mid to high range. Down-shifting is a little slow, but the trick is to switch to "Tow/Haul" mode and you'll drop a gear instantly for highway overtaking. Controls are easy and intuitive. Minor hassles have included the CD player clicking and something funky with the steering that hasn't caused a problem but feels odd. A spark plug went out but that was after they were due for replacement. Overall few complaints. Great in the snow and ice, fantastic view of the road. I've run a laptop from the phone charger socket (with a power inverter). Even the 3rd row is roomy enough. I can't stand driving anything else after driving this thing. Gas mileage for me has been 12 at the worst (snow driving in town) up to 19 (road trip with all highway driving). I drive 10 miles a day on average so it's not a huge problem. If I could have got the same kind of deal on the 2007 model I'd have bought that."

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

2007 durango

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Just bought about 2 months ago,I no its early to review.So far no problems.Very nice suv,drives well handles well.Gas mil could be a bit better.Other then that I'm 100% satified so far."

Trade In Value is the worst ever

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"We purchased a new 05. We have owned it just under two years, 21000 miles. We tried to trade it in on a Volvo and we have $10,000 of negative equity. In two years, it has lost half of its value. Looks like we are stuck with it until the end, unless we win the Lotto :-)"