2004 Dodge Durango

Based on 741 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great When it works

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "lots of room and power AWD is awesome"

Cons: "many small problems"

"i bought this durango new in 05 its a great suv and i like it but it has problems the front end has a squeak and the dealer just replaced random parts till the warrenty ran out the replaced the rear drive shaft axle and torsion bars the swaybar steering box ball joints shocks front a arms torsion bars and they replaced the exaust manifold that didnt solve it so they rebuilt the motor and its still there i know they are just replacing stuff randomly and then they told me the engine had a knock i also had the transmission rebuilt under 100 thousand miles and ive never pulled anything with it the gas overflows and the plastic on the seats broke off and for some reason all the weather stripping is coming off the few goods about the car is its good in sand loaded with features and it is good looking i do take care of my cars and i like all of them i would highly reccomend buying a latter model because mine was an 04 build date and that was the 1st year of this model"

Very good quality vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle for the entire family!"

"I have owned my Durango since new and have not had one issue with it. I have added trailer brakes and a hitch. It is great for towing a mid size camper and having plenty of room for 2 adults and 4 kids. Last year when we went to cut our own christmas tree we had 6 kids and 2 adults and came back with 2 large trees. Excellent! Fuel mileage on the 8 cylinder is okay. Nothing to brag about but nothing to complain about either. My wife drives this in the winter time and is now not afraid to drive in the snow and ice. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable SUV that wont break the bank."

very stylish. plenty of room.

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "very stylish with plenty of room."

Cons: "rides rough, like a TRUCK"

"The biggest complaint is a HUGE driver's blindspot. The posts from the dashboard to the roof are wide and it's difficult to see on-coming traffic when making a turn. It's also hard to see behind you when backing up. I have had no mechanical trouble except the battery. There is no warning when the battery dies and it has left me stranded twice. Also, when the battery is replaced, the Air Bag light comes on and won't reset. That's annoying. Overall, good car."

Great Vehicle, Holds up well in Accidents

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I purchased my 2006 Dodge durango Limited in 2006. I was involved in an accident in 2007 in which an elderly lady t-boned me at an intersection. She was driving a car and hit me in the drivers side front tire. When she hit me, her car went into a spin and was a mess. Her car was totaled. My durango had damage on the front driver's quarter panel and the edge of the bumper, but there was very minimal damage. At the time of the accident, I was on a 4-lane state hwy going 65 mph and she was crossing over all 4 lanes going about 20 mph on impact. At the speed I was going, I am very happy with how well the durango held up. I slid to a stop very easily on impact without any rocking of the vehicle. I am thrilled the durango held up so well and did not flip when hit from the side at such high speeds. I was pregnant at the time and had zero injuries. My now toddler loves the dvd player in the durango. The durango is very spacious. We can put our dog in his X-large dog cage in the rear with the 3rd seat folded down and fit all our luggage, baby swings, pack-n-plays, strollers, and supplies for a week at the grandparents for ourselves, our two kids (ages 2 and 6 months) without having to put anything on the roof!"

excellent tow vehicle

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"We purchased this 2004 vehicle used in 2007 to tow our 25' camper. It is fully loaded and has the hemi engine. This summer we towed the camper to California & back in complete comfort. Gas mileage: 10.6 mpg towing 3,200 miles. For normal highway driving 18-19, 12-13 local. Love the power and space. Fold down the seats and haul lots of stuff. Starts & runs well in snow and cold. Minor issues with quality of interior trim. Low mileage so will probably drive it many more years."