2003 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 981 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

awesome

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "takes a beating"

Cons: "bad on gas"

"love it"

2001 Dodge Durango...

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Loaded with features and a VERY strong engine!!"

Cons: "With any big SUV/truck engine gas is the con."

"I absolutely love this vehicle, so much as to why I am going to sell mine in order to obtain the newer 2012 model."

Strong, reliable and safe

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun, sounds great, it can tow anything with ease"

Cons: "plastic dash interiors(easy to clean) poor mpg"

"The vehicle still looks sharp. The flame red really stands out and the sound that's uttered as the 5.9L (tried and true Mopar 360) goes by is nothing short of musical. Though it's not great on economy, it does well on regular octane and has been as reliable as anything I've EVER owned. And I've had Nissan, Honda(wasn't anything at all like expected), GM and Ford."

verry good in crash saved us all

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

"verry well made t-boned in crash heald up verry well"

has never let me down

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "very stable, great towing capacity, heats up quick"

Cons: "A/C is under powered"

"In spite of only two wheel it handles well in snow and has run higher than rated mpg."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Lots of room, pulls a heavy load, handles great!"

"Bought the car when it was practically new. 191500 miles on it now and has been a very dependable car. Very few repairs, water pump, general maintenance items. Leaks a little bit of oil. Has 3rd row seating, so plenty of room for a family. Pulls an 18 foot travel trailer with ease and with the 3rd row down, can haul lots of stuff! I love the way it drives, corners, and general handling I give it 5 stars!!!"

Seven years later and I still love my Durango

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "mileage 11-13 in town up to 19 highway"

"I have owned many vehicles in my time on the road, hands down my favorite the 2003 Dodge Durango. Comfortable seating for five and additional not so comfortable for two more way in the back, this durango is great for long trips. Sure footed in the snow in 2wd and an absolute tank in 4wd I have never been stuck!"

Great SUV!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Size, Performance, Reliability"

"I have owned over thirty vehicles in my 16 years of driving. The list extends from sports cars to SUV's and everything in between. The Durango is a small yet big vehicle, that is very well suited for an all around family. If you have a boat, it will tow it. If you go for long extended drives, they are super comfortable. I owned a 1999 and a 2003. The 99' had a 5.9 which in my opinion is not nearly as reliable and gets horrid gas mileage (I used to get 12-13 always). With the current 4.7 I get 16-17, and on the highway it gets 19 . I am in several different off road groups for which most members drive Jeeps. They always tell me how they cannot believe I am able to go with them to most places! Overall this has been one of the best vehicles for versatility for me."

bought this vehicle new.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

"bought this vehicle new and has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned not the greatest on gas milage but has more power and towing capacity then you will ever need.Not to mention able to carry 7 passengers.I have actually towed a 30 ft ski boat and couldnt hardly tell it was there. love it.Only issue was the water pump.If ever replaced make the mechanic us sealer and a gasket the factoy only uses sealer the third time the dealer had to reseal it I made them use a gasket and sealer and been 60000 miles and hasnt leaked since."

SO RELIABLE

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Incredible pick up - especially in the mountains.."

Cons: "replaced 3 electric windows - EXPENSIVE."

"Living in the mountains a fabulous transmission and pick up in a vehicle is imperative. This Dodge has incredible pick up and an overdrive kick that always makes it fun to drive. I seem to be the one to drive no matter where we go as my car (Durango) is always the most reliable and most comfortable. Just terrific - I do want another one..."

Love It!!!

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Just look at eveyones odomiter milage stated."

Cons: "Gas milage, but its a large V8 for crying out loud"

"Owned a 2001 SLT Plus w/ a 4.7, just bought a 2002 R/T w/ 57,000 miles and a 5.9, got a great price. I dont understand why everone talks about bad gas mileage (it a V8 and to be expected). The interior is sublime and the outside has the rugged Dodge look. Plenty of room and great seating although I would never subject three full grown people to the third row seat. Plenty of power to get going and runs nicer the any other vehical ive owned."

Great overall vehicle - reliable and versitile

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

"I am the original owner of a 2000 Dodge Durango with the 4.7L 4WD powertrain. I just rolled 180,000 miles and it shows no signs of slowing down. With the exception of expected minor repairs (water pump, alternator, shocks and ball joints) I've had no issues with this car. I bought this car to haul my family and a 5000 lb boat and it does both of those things very well. It still drives almost like new. The fuel economy isn't great, but if you need to tow it's worth it. I average around 15mpg most tanks."

Wonderful family vehicle with a good drive

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "good value, enough power, towing, space"

Cons: "gas needy, some road noise"

"Second owner since 32k and now 3 kids. Good road trip vehicle. Held up very well, especially the inside with kids."

Good safe vehicle

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pros: "Spacious, comfortable, safe"

Cons: "gas guzzler"

"I own a silver colored one and I love this vehicle. Comfortable family SUV. I feel safe whenever I am driving my Durango. The only change I would make to this model and year if I could would be gas mileage. I go through gas like water but I still love this vehicle."

Excellent Family Car

By on Saturday, December 4, 2010

"We love our Durango. We bought it new in 2002 and it has been great. We are over 100,000 miles now and only need minimul maintenance each year. We wouldn't be able to afford this vehicle new today, so we are very glad that it has held up so well. I only gave it a 4 out of 5 on performance because I wish the gas mileage was higher; but it is comperable to other V8s."

THE MOST SAFE & RELIABLE VEHICLE

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"I LOVE MY DODGE DURANGO! I HAVE A 2003 DODGE DURANGO AND IT IS THE MOST RELIABLE AND SAFE VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT HAS BEEN IN TWO MINOR ACCIDENTS AND YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW IT! THE BODY AND FRAME HOLDS UP LIKE A DREAM AND EVERYONE WAS STRAPPED IN A KEPT SAFE! I HAVE OWNED THE VEHICLE FOR 7 YEARS NOW AND HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO ANY MAJOR REPAIRS OTHER THAN REGULAR MAINTENANCE. IT IS VERY ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE WITH 3 ROWS OF LUXURIOUS LEATHER SEATS! EVEN WITH THE 4.7L ENGINE...IT IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO PULL A FULL SIZE TRUCK ( I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE) AND PULL A LOADED DOWN TRAILER. THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE IS WONDERFUL TO HAVE...WE LIVE IN OHIO AND THE WINTERS GET PRETTY HARSH. GAS MILEAGE COULD BE BETTER BUT FOR SUCH A POWERFUL SUV, I THINK THE GAS MILEAGE WOULD BE CONSIDERED GOOD FOR A 25 GALLON TANK! OVERALL, THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED AND I JUST LOVE IT!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"My son bought a Durango in '01 and I liked it so much I bought one in '02. I have had all kinds of troubles with cars thru my lifetime. But this Dodge Durango is the best. I have had no major fixes or problems (knock on wood). Excellent radio, cruise control on steering wheel. Have changed oil every 3-6 mos. Did change to synthetic."

Perfect

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"I LOVE this truck! Bought it used abouut 5 yrs ago and am still in love with it! The V8 is strong, handling is great. This is best vehicle I've ever owned. Snows alot in PA and I look forward to driving in snow passing people scarerd to drive. Only complaint is I still haven't figured out perfect setting for heat. Gets very hot very quick inside. Definitely would buy another if price was right!"

Great SUV

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"I have had my RT Durango for over 5 years and it has been a real great vehicle. It is just about impossible to get it stuck. It just goes anywhere. Drove it through over a foot of snow in my back yard the other day with street tires. It has great power and tows like a dream. Not to big and not to small. The third row seat is nice too. Lots of cargo space. I truly love this SUV. One of the best SUV's I have ever owned. I ran jeep grand cherokees for alot of years, and they are VERY capable vehicles, but I like the extra room the durango provides. I would buy another without hesitation."

This chain's weak link can be your "goodbye".

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"While this vehicle looks good and has an overall well-running engine, it does have a major flaw that could mean your life. The wheel bearings on this model tend to go bad and are expensive to fix. If you google 2000 Dodge Durango wheel bearings, you will find all you need to know about the recalls and lack thereof for the various wheel bearing problems associated with this vehicle. If you can catch it early and afford to fix it, them it could be a worthy vehicle to have."

Junk

By on Saturday, September 19, 2009

"I have the 99 durango. Has had so many problems in the last 5 years, I think i spent more on repairs than what I paid for it. The interior and space is great, but the constant engine and tranny problems gets old quick, not to mention the 10 mpg it gets in the city. Cant say I will even get a durango again, back to ram trucks for me."

Best Vehical I own

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"Owned since new and verry happy with my purchase. It sticks like glue to the roads in the chilly Chicago Winters and can go througt any storm. I have taken the dgo off road and it was like driving a Cadilac over the bumps. Great vehical."

Dodge

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Vehicle has constantly had problems. Trade in value is so low it is pointless. Several issues. would not recommend a dodge durango to anyone."

BEST LOOKING DURANGO CLASSIC

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"As far as I am concerned this is the BEST looking and versatile with POWER SUV ever. THe sexy lines drew me to it. Dodge made a big mistake by redesigning it. They should have made a bigger version of the same body design using the RAM frame and engine. I would have bought this FULL size Durango classic. Still reliable and dependable; all it needs it tender love and care."

I love my Durango

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned/driven. It is so easy to drive, turns on a dime for being a larger SUV, and is spectacular in the snow....no need for studded snow tires. I bought it with 25,000 miles on it and now it has over 100,000 I have only minor problems with it up till now but will put money into it because I know it is a great car. The only downfall about this SUV is the gas milage but really don't mind because I love my durango. We are a family of 6 and fit comfortably in it. We have some trouble fitting grocerys in it if all of us are in it...But we adjust."