2001 Dodge Durango

8.1

Based on 983 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

I have enjoyed this SUV

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I bought my 2000 durango right off the dealership floor with 26 miles on it. I have never had any major repairs needed in 100,000 miles and have made sure that oil changes and such are done on a regular basis. Love the room so versatile and can do just about anything except move a refrigerator. The seats fold down for a completely flat surface which works great for camping or the drive in. I would gladly purchase another Dodge!"

Great for the money

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Seats 8 people, tow capacity, looks great"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have owned by 2001 Durango for 3 years. It runs great and does not leak a drop of anything. Unfortunately, the undercarriage has severe rust because it originated from New York. The truck has always run great. It tows my pontoon boat with ease. The only negative is the gas mileage. I enjoy driving it and will be sad to see it go. My father in law has 300,000 miles on his."

Loved this car!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable."

Cons: "Windows."

"I had this car for 10 years. I loved this SUV , ran great and towed heavy loads well. Comfortable to drive/ride in. Even tho it was big, it was easy for me to handle. Only issue I ever had was replacement of three windows. The little clip that held the window on the motor broke out of the blue. Dealer price to fix each window was $500. Luckily there were pre drilled bolt hole inside the door to set a bolt and it held the window up perfectly. I just sold my Durango last weekend and I must admit I cried. Like I said...I loved that car!!!!"

250,000 miles and still going strong

By on Sunday, July 9, 2017

Pros: "reliability,comfort,4WD"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I bought my aunts 1998 Dodge Durango from her last year when she got a new SUV. My 98 Durango is the SLT trim with the 5.2 V8 and 4WD. My aunt bought this car used in 2002 before she sold it to me and drove it as a daily commuter until last year. I mainly drive it only on the weekends except when my other car is in the shop. The interior(leather seats) is still in really good condition and all of the features(radio,a/c,cruise control...etc) still work. Mechanically, the Durango runs great even with as many miles as it has. I drove it in the snow a few times last winter and it didnt have any trouble. I havent towed anything yet so I dont know how good it is for towing. I would recommend this SUV because of its rock solid reliablility."

I bought it new!

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Dependable in all weather"

Cons: "17 MPG highway or 14 towing a boat"

Not photshopped

"After all these years, I still have a hard time letting go of my car. It is still as dependable as when I bought it. Q- Did anything brake down? A- Not the engine. I did have to replace the transmission and converter. However, everything that I put into the car was factory stock or better. I would buy another in a heart beat but my lifestyle has changed and I cannot use this ride anymore."

Not photshopped