1993 Dodge Daytona

8.3

Based on 34 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

Cool Car

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Little Gas,Easy parking:) excellent on the highway"

Cons: "Small"

"I bought this car for 500 bucks because my SUV transmission went out. It was definitely a good investment although its a 1989 and not a 1991. The car runs excellent for the years on it. The mileage is less than my SUV which is a 2002. It only takes a few bucks to fill the tank and I only work 2 miles away which is a plus!!! I didnt want the car at first because I am claustrophobic and its extremely small but I plan on keeping it and fixing her up!! I got a steal since KBB says its worth $1375!!!"

My V6 is GGGrreat

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"I bought my V6 five speed new in 1991, I have to say it is by far the best car I have ever owned. Practically never let me down. Unfortunately, the road salt has taken its toll. Now I have decide to totally rebuild or sell her off! The engine and tranny are in top condition."

First car

By on Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Great first car no problems with it for only $1000"

1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 automatic

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"I've had mine for 15 years and has been a excellent running car. Check for rust under the carpet,They've been known to rust there. Not very comfortable for rear passengers."

Economy, luxury, sport all in one

By on Thursday, December 25, 2008

"I've owned a few Daytonas over the years and my 1992 has been great, considering the price point of these vehicles. It has 12-way power drivers' seat, rear wiper, factory CD and cassette player, an auto-off headlight feature that comes in handy in dark situations, power windows, locks, heated side mirrors, overhead console with digital compass and thermometer, lots of cargo room with the rear seats folded down, a cargo cover, cruise control, a single & very functional cup holder. Easy to drive, great visibility, nice ride quality, handles great and I regularly get 28-30 mpg in the summer months without a problem. Does okay in the snow... not the best but not as bad as a 2wd pickup or an 80's mustang. The things to avoid are the 4 speed automatic transmissions found in the V-6 models and one can argue questionable reliability of the 4 cylinder engines. On the contrary, I find that most of the mechanical problems these cars have is a result of someone else being in there beforehand trying to fix something and not doing the job properly and/or messing up something else in the process. An example is when a head gasket fails, gets replaced, and fails again 5,000 miles later, it is NOT because of bad vehicle design. In addition to this, I find that aftermarket parts for these cars are typically not of good quality. Get the parts at the dealer. It is more expensive but the parts actually fit, and last much longer. The Daytona is pretty weak with the 4 cylinder non-turbo engine and automatic transmission, but getting around is not a problem if you want basic transportation. The turbo or V-6 with a manual transmission makes plenty of power--more than you want your 16 year old to have. My only complaint is the peeling paint. Ugh."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Daytona near Honolulu. See local deals