2001 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 1411 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

VERY SOLID TRUCK

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I bought my truck 7 years ago with 40K miles on it. Just passed 128K miles and still goin strong. Probably the best truck I have owned. The 4.7 V-8 has plenty of power and gas mileage is good if I am not too aggressive. Cab is plenty roomy and comfy. Easy to drive in traffic. Will buy another if this one ever quits :-)"

First truck; first Dodge; not disappointed..

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Hauls a lot; not a full-size truck; capable"

Cons: "gas mileage;"

"This was my first truck...ever. So my reviews must be considered in light of the fact that I have nothing against which to compare this truck. Having said that, I love my truck! It's a 2000 Quad-cab with the 4.7L engine, 4-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive. It came to me with 258,000 miles and now, some two years later, has a bit over 311,000 miles. As soon as I purchased it I had a mechanic do about another $2K in upgrades/repairs/etc. At this age and mileage, increasingly expensive and extensive repairs are to be expected. It has a completely new A/C system. (Was going to pass on that but figured I should get one since I was hauling around my elderly mother more and more.) New rotors, brake pads and calipers on the front. Now on my second set of tires. Replaced front seats as the driver's seat that came with it was a Power Seat that had had all the electrical removed, and it shifted a little bit on acceleration and deceleration (really annoying "feature"). Beyond that, it's not had much done. I'm actually looking at adding a newer DD to the family, but only because I don't want to strain the transmission on my existing one with the trailer-hauling I'll be doing more and more. In any event, she's been a really good truck. I think I'll keep her if and when I get this other DD. Definitely pleased with mine."

Ole Reliable

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I bought my Dakaota new in '98 and have owned it for 11yrs. Over those years I've had to replace some parts i.e. the ball joints, the pinion gears, and the brakes but other than that (which I would consider normal wear and tear for an 11yr old vehicle) all I've had to do is change the oil and give it regular tune-ups. This truck has seen extensive off road use and 11 very hard winters with months on end with the transmission engaged in 4WD. It has also made several long distance road trips with nary a problem. I have only 2 complaints about this truck: 1) the gas mileage is a horrendous 15mpg so when the prices spike I have to curtail my driving a little and 2) there is a reaccuring rust problem with the bumpers that I can't seem to overcome no matter how much sanding and repainting happens but as the truck is getting old now and it doesn't seem to be affecting the body at all I believe tat I'll just let it go. All in all this truck has serviced me very well for a long time and it still shows no sign of letting up any time soon so i would highly recommend it."

No Problem

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"Ive owned this truck for 6 years with no major problems. Tuneup, tires ,brakes,thermostat, shocks, u joints, ball joints normal wear out stuff."

overall the truck is the best buy i have ever made

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,fun and smooth ride,large load rang"

Cons: "not many up grades avalible, MPG tough on walet"

"after looking for almost 6 month, i found this truck online. after getting the dealer talked down i bought the truck for 2500 dollers, for the money i really dont think there is a better value out there. with dakota's being a mid-size class truck and the only one i its class with an avalible V8 its hard to go wrong. The 5.2 magnum is the standerd V8 that comes in the truck is based on the old 5.2 L.A. motors, with a larger bore intake and fuel injuction in the magnum helps to up the torq, power and gas milage. every part of the vehical is seprizingly easy to work on; from the motor to the drive tran. It is hard to find a truck that can hall the same amount and still be small for some off roading fun as well. being good with vehicals makes it easy to make modifications that can significantly improve your gas milage, from a performance exhost and high flow intake,performance chip and headers. interior is comfterble with lots of room in the front and back."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals