2000 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 1414 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

All-Around Best Truck Ever

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great styling, Size, Easy to drive, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor paint quality, guzzles gas"

"I absolutely love this truck. I've owned it from 20,000 miles to just over 110,000. It never lets me down and can fit a load of people comfortably, or a load of lumber. You can find other trucks with features and aminities that are better, but dollar for dollar this is the best out there. Only problems I've had is the paint fading on the hood/roof and gas mileage in the city."

Had a 2001, love my 2003 better

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks and handles like trk but fits in smaller spc"

Cons: "Rear bumper rusts first"

"Very pleased with my Quadcab. It's been great for towing my trailers. Wonderful for hauling kids and grandkids. It's been abused and neglected sometimes and still is reliable. The only bad thing about it is the rear bumper, always the rear bumper goes first."

Great mid size pickup, plenty of pwr

By on Friday, July 4, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and plenty of pwr"

Cons: "Does not like cheap gas"

"Second owner of this truck, had 18K when I bought it in Feb of 1999. (1998 model). Mostly used to tow a tent trailer or an 18 foot boat. Also occasional commuter. Great truck, never let me down and always had plenty of power to do what I wanted to do. The 318 Magnum is a very good engine, always stated on the coldest mornings and handled the heat of summer well. Fairly easy to work on (maintenance) and parts easy/fair price. Before a long trip, I had the all the fluids changed at a Texaco quick service center and they forgot to re-fill the transfer case. I drove it about 3K miles before it blew up. (that business is gone now) Only two complaints: The sliding rear window leaked (bad) and I had to pull the interior out to let it dry. After doing this twice, I shut the window and sealed it with silicone. Will say pulling the interior out was not too bad a job. The Magnum does NOT like cheap gas. It runs on mid grade and you can feel the difference between Arco and Chevron/Shell or Texaco. I do not put Arco in it, rather pay a couple of bucks more and get the performance. Overall, after 15 years of ownership, it has been a great truck. Time to step up to a Dodge Cummins 2500 to pull the camper we want for retirement. I will miss it."

I love this truck

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, styling, power"

Cons: "exhaust leak, check eng, minor electrical/cosmetic"

"Before owning this pickup, I owned two Rangers, an F-150, and an S-10 in the past. While the Ranger and S-10 are supposed to be in the same class, the Dakota is a whole lot more truck. I bought mine used in 2005 with 56,000 miles on it, and it now has a little over 110,000. In that time I have not had to make any major repairs. THE BAD - It does have a check engine light, which is apparently related to the fuel tank pressure pump (not worth fixing according to my mechanic). Also, it has an exhaust leak which is evidently common for the 4.7L, something related to the manifold bolts they used. I have been living with that leak for a couple of years and it has finally progressed to a point that I am going to do something about it. Other than that, the only issue I could really complain about is that it seems to go through brakes rather quickly and I have to change the pads every two years. A couple of minor problems that are not a big issue: the console lid cracked at the hinge, I just removed the hinge and it still works just fine, also the passenger window lock comes on intermittently in cold weather, and I will get the $100 replacement switch panel in the near future. THE GOOD - I have a good frame of reference here because I have owned several mid-sized pickups. The comfort, styling, and power of the Dakota Sport cannot be beat. Because of those things, I don't think I will ever get rid of this truck. I intend to drive it until it stops, then replace the engine or transmission as needed. It will truly be a vehicle for life."

Good reliable transportation

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

Pros: "good working truck ,"

Cons: "gas milage on the V8"

"This truck has seen a lot of miles and made me a lot of money in the time I've owned it . Only thing not in it's favor is the gas milage .Still buying dodge products , now on my 3rd"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals