2009 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

7.9

Based on 556 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

great truck, no problems so far, has 100,000 miles

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

"RIDE IS BEST I'VE HAD IN ANY OTHER TRUCK I OWNED,INTERIOR SET UP GREAT,POWER AND DRIVIBILTY IS EXCEPTIONAL, GOOD GAS MILAGE FOR A V8 Only downfall front door posts are to wide, blocks veiw when making left turns."

good vehicle. drives and handles great.

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "good truck. something i could have for a long time"

Cons: "transmission could be better."

he's a great truck. doesn't have to be a 4x4 to be a amazing truck.

"i love how smooth it drives. it gets pretty good gas mileage too."

he's a great truck. doesn't have to be a 4x4 to be a amazing truck.

I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota Magnum pickup

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

"I bought my 2006 Dodge Dakota new in 2005. I love my truck, great power, dependable and have not had any troubles since I purchased my truck."

love this truck

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Great truck, smooth to drive, powerful."

"Have the V8 and it drives really nicely. Switches to 4x4 in bad weather and it is so reliable. Makes me feel safe to drive due to solidity."

One tough truck!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Tough, reliable, solid truck."

Cons: "seats could be more comfortable."

"I bought this truck used three years ago and have put 84,000 miles on it with no repairs. Highway mpg is about 23, which I consider good for the type of vehicle. It tows a horse trailer with no problem. I rolled this truck at highway speeds a year ago. I'm told it rolled four times, though I can't prove it. No injuries to anyone, and the truck drove away. I'm impressed. My only complaint is the seats could be more comfortable."

nicest vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"the nicest vehicle i ever had runs great never had any problems with it its like brand new"

Really good truck for the money

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Price, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "1 12v plug, 1 cup holder, a lot of road noise"

"65,000 miles, never been in the shop and gets significantly better than EPA estimated fuel economy (EPA says 20/14, actual is 24/18, and I drive pretty aggressively.) Nothing on the truck has failed, and it has handled everything that I have thrown at it. I bought it because of the price, and after having driven it for a few years I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had paid more for it. It could use some improvements in the areas of interior comfort and finishing, but I bought it to drive, not to lounge in. A few more 12v plugs would also be nice - 1 doesn't really cut it."

great anything truck

By on Saturday, January 8, 2011

"i enjoy this truck more then any other that i have in my fleet of work trucks get the job done like a full size truck but easier to get in and out of and tows like champ and i can still take it on the town with the family"

All in all good truck

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"I bought the truck in '07 as a left over and had ALOT of problems early on while it was still covered. ECU went,Driver side seat broke,3 coil packs burnt,Speed sensor went,Driver side power window went all fixed on Dodge's dime. Since the all the kinks have been fixed early on I have had very little problems since. I have had to replace the sway bar links,one broke at the ball joint and cut my CV boot,so now a half shaft is in my "to do list". Having a ball joint in a swaybar link is a poor design in my opinion but it was a easy and pretty cheap fix for anyone who knows how to turn a wrench. All in all I like this truck and like to think the worst is behind me now. We will see :)"

Friday

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Overall I love this truck. I have the V6 and the power is lacking but I have pulled a 7x14 cargo trailer fully loaded with this vehicle. It does ok in town but the interstate is another story. It cannot handle the size of a large trailer at speeds over 50mph. It is comfortable and looks great. My biggest concern would be reliability. Mine has 86000 miles and I have replaced the water pump, bearings in one axle, and the a/c is knocking currently. Had my mechanic check it out and he said the compressor was gonna go out sooner than later but to let it go completely out first. These are minor but it seems once I got over 70k all this issues started. Hopefully no more will come up. Overall, I like the truck and would recommend it to anyone not using it to tow heavy loads."

ok

By on Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I like my truck .I bought it use in Feb. 09. it had 36,000 miles . at 58,000 I had to replace al the ball joints and front brake. it is a Quad cab 4x4 not off road. after takeing it to a none dealer mech. I get great gas mileage"

good truck interior roomy

By on Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Truck has given me excellent service. No problems other than regular maintenance. It is not too big. just big enough and very comfortable room in cab. Love it."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I have had my truck for little over a year and love it. For it's size the gas mileage is great. 18 City 22 HWY. Seats are comfortable, very, roomy, and what a smooth powerful ride."

not bad

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"gas is horrible but has muscle on the V8 overall not a bad truck"

Great value

By on Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"This truck with a 6 speed on the floor V-6 and a towing package amazes me with good gas mileage, manueuverability, and payload. And best of all , its only been in the shop once in 5 years. And that was under warrenty. For the money, its hard to beat."

2007 SLT Quad Cab 4wd V8

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Bought new off the line in '07. Miserable overall experience. Nothing good to say really. Engine is reliable. The seats have an irregular curve which messes w/ your neck and shoulders. Seat really hurts during a long drive. In rain or inclemate weather has no traction. The 4wd is good but transitioning back to 2wd can be a pain. I went through a rear end in two years and hardly ever used 4wd. Front drive shaft broke @ 12000 miles. CV joint broke @ 48k. Brakes produce a shimmy in the steering wheel that can be felt between 60-68mph. Paint is cheap and scratches easily. Truck feels cheap. Headlights and wiper motor have a mind of their own. Truck has no pick up even w/ a V8 and guzzles gas like no other. 2500lbs in the bed, the bed will rub on the rear wheels. Front wheel came off on the highway, when I looked at it, 3 lugs had snapped off at some point and I do not drive off road. I live in NC and the A/C is horrible so I just sweat all summer."

love it

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"just bought after a tour in iraq and did not dissapoint. already put about 10k miles on it in a few months. good handling good power great looks awesome truck."

Great Buy

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"My 2005 Dakota QuadCab is my 2nd Dakota. My first was a 2000 QC also, basically identical. This truck seems to retain its value very well depending on GAS PRICES! Value dropped of course when everyone was looking for more economical cars. But its now risen almost $2k in the past year!! Great power & torque for towing anything I need. Paint still looks brand new. Interior is nice & simple without looking too complicated. However Dodge could've used a 2nd opinion about the center console/cupholder/accessory area. seems like alot of the space is wasted there. Fuel economy has remained steady over the years but when I drive with a heavy foot, my gas bill will remind me to slow it down!"

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I just recently bought a 05 dodge dakota, it had 66000 miles on it when I purchased it. The truck looks great and is comfortable with alot of room. But now I am starting to notice some mechanical difficulties with this truck. The transmission shifts hard frm 1st to 2nd and when its in cruise control it keeps having to down shift all the time to keep speed even at only 65mph and on flat highway. MPG is also really bad for a midsize, Im getting about 13mpg. Also off road this truck does not have the power I expected. My 93 ford ranger 3.5 liter had more power it seems. This truck looks great but if your going to buy it make sure you get the warranty."

Not A Bad Truck

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"I own a 2005 SLT 4x4 Club Cab with V8 engine. The vehicle currently has 79,400 miles on it and has been very reliable. The only issues I have had are a minor door trim issue, and the replacement of the front brake rotors/calibers at 78,000 miles (I did not expect this repair). Except for the rear seat, the vehicle is reasonably comfortable for a 4x4 pickup. It is definitely better than my previous compact truck. The average gas mileage at 16.8 mpg is pretty good for the amount of city driving and hauling I’ve done. I would recommend this truck for those that don’t need a full-size vehicle but need to do some significant occasional hauling."

It is what it is.

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"My 2006 Quad cab 2wd is the worst riding truck I have ever owned. The water pump went out at 53000 mile as did the clutch fan. The dealership could not get Chrysler parts. So they had to get NAPA parts. It will be for sale soon."

i love my truck

By on Thursday, June 4, 2009

"i love how my truck got me through the snow last winter. i live out in the country. there are a couple of things i would change on it. but over all i love it. especially the way it looks"

GREAT TRUCK

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"EXELLENT INTERIOR ROOM, POWER & PERFORMANCE. BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED. BETTER THAN THE TOYOTA I TURNED IN TO BUY THIS TRUCK. NO MORE TOYOTA"S FOR ME! PICKUP MAN"

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"Like with most vehicles, I'm most dissapointed with what the initial purchase price was when I bought this one new vs. the current trade-in value. For a truck that runs great and still looks new, It's current worth is about half the purchase price after only 4 years. This makes it very difficult to trade up without rolling money into financing a new vehicle."

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals