2008 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

7.9

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

good vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "fast truck with the V8 six speed"

Cons: "Visability not great while looking for traffic"

"Had a little trouble in the begining....but got straightened out. I like it now."

A good contender for mid size trucks

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pros: "Optional 4x4, V8, and 4 Doors"

Cons: "Reliability, Fuel Economy"

"4x4 ensures better safety in bad snow. The optional V8 adds plenty of power to get up to speed on the expressway and overtake traffic. The crew cab offers plenty of convenience for lugging around more than one passenger. The vehicle is a 2008 and I've owned it since 2010. I've enjoyed driving it but there are some things I need to comment on. The front end is designed horribly. Prepare to go through ball joints every two years or less, especially when traversing Michigan's awful roads. Fuel economy is abysmal. I average 15-16 mpg of combined city and highway driving, but I do drive fairly quick. Other, more cautious drivers, may see 18-19 mpg if they are lucky. I've also had to replace many things to include the water pump, tie rod end links, wheel hubs, ball joints(multiple times), transmission filters, and a few other things I can't remember. The vehicle started to fall off around 75,000 miles so prepare to dish out money on the occasion. All in all, a fairly nice pickup that gets the job done and does it well with a sense of urgency but lacks in the reliability and fuel economy departments."

Great truck good for light duty work.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, great transmission"

Cons: "cheap interior, DODGE"

"This truck is great as long as you dont need to do heavy work which is not what this truck was designed for. i DO NOT like dodge and i have always said that i will never own one. well now i do and i am surprised with how much that i like it. i have the v6 but it still has a lot of power. ive towed over 13000 pounds with no problem and that is a lot more than it is rated to tow. i wouldnt recommend doing this because i was fishtailing and my back end was REALLY low. i have the manual transmission which is a blast to drive and all you have to do is drop it into 3rd and it is like a bullet, which is helpful when you need to pass. this truck has amazing handling, i drive it like its a sports car and have never had any problems. the two things that i dont like about this truck is that it does not have an option for a longer bed and that the interior seems kind of cheap. i only get 14 mpg in the city which is sad because it is a 3.7 liter engine. that might be because of my led foot but im going to ignore that and say that this truck could get better mpg. i grew up on a farm and we had a lot of different trucks, most of them were 1 ton diesels, that we put to the test, although this truck cant compete with something like that it does good at what it was designed to do, be a mid size, medium use truck. overall this is a good truck for someone that lives in the city who doesnt need a monster of a truck but if your like me and your from the country and you need a truck that you can go get hay with of put a trailer on to tow the tractor around get yourself the best truck out there, a 1 ton ford powerstroke."

The best truck I have ever had!!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "same seating and mpg as a car..in a truck!!!!"

"Just a great truck..4 doors for the kids and you can still haul..great mpg on the 3.7L I average 25 mpg..(with topper and nitrogen in the tires"

2005 V-6 Dakota

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"I have been largely disappointed with the power and mileage of my V-6 Dakota. The 3.55 axle ratio appears to be too high for this type of engine. On secondary highways, I get about the same gas mileage (19+ MPG) with the overdrive locked out as I do in overdrive. It feels less powerful than my '93 5-speed 3.9L was. Also the 2005 year model came with inferiorly designed rear brakes that tend too pulsate. The fix involves replacing the entire rear brake system and possibly the rear axles, most of which is not covered by warranty. (approx $500.) Bummer!"

SXT not a truck to buy!

By on Sunday, October 9, 2016

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Cheaply made,no sliding rear window,no lumbar"

"This truck would be good ,as long as Dodge stops making it'[the SXT];to cheap of a make! I bought the truck from a "reputable dealer?" and paid close to 12,000 dollars. I have put on a tad over 1 thousand miles and can't even get 8,000 on a trade.?!![ It even has an $1,800 A.R.E. brand cap on it?]Looks"

An Excellent Truck

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

"I bought this truck brand new. It has been very reliable requiring only routine maintenance. I use this truck for towing, for which I put on some bigger breaks and it pulls my 11,000 lb just fine, and trapping in the fall. Gas mileage is about what you'd expect. 14-15 city and 21 highway. With my trailer that goes down to about 15 on the highway. The interior is great. excellent seats and plenty of features."

Great Truck

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Great all around"

Cons: "Having to use clip on mirrors"

handle great even with trailor loaded wrong.

"I just put 6600 miles on this truck with a fourteen foot fully loaded enclosed trailor for the last 3600 miles. The load was not balanced and most was carried on the ballhitch. i drove from NC thru Ga,Al, Miss, La,Ak, Mo,Ka, Neb, Wy,Ut,Id,Or,into Wa. No problems all the way except for the cross winds in the rivergorge in Or. This was over 11day trip."

handle great even with trailor loaded wrong.

great truck, no problems so far, has 100,000 miles

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

"RIDE IS BEST I'VE HAD IN ANY OTHER TRUCK I OWNED,INTERIOR SET UP GREAT,POWER AND DRIVIBILTY IS EXCEPTIONAL, GOOD GAS MILAGE FOR A V8 Only downfall front door posts are to wide, blocks veiw when making left turns."

good vehicle. drives and handles great.

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "good truck. something i could have for a long time"

Cons: "transmission could be better."

he's a great truck. doesn't have to be a 4x4 to be a amazing truck.

"i love how smooth it drives. it gets pretty good gas mileage too."

he's a great truck. doesn't have to be a 4x4 to be a amazing truck.

I have a 2006 Dodge Dakota Magnum pickup

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

"I bought my 2006 Dodge Dakota new in 2005. I love my truck, great power, dependable and have not had any troubles since I purchased my truck."

love this truck

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Great truck, smooth to drive, powerful."

"Have the V8 and it drives really nicely. Switches to 4x4 in bad weather and it is so reliable. Makes me feel safe to drive due to solidity."

Bought new in 2006 and really like it.

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Functionality, ride, interior room, bed size"

Cons: "Turning radius, mileage."

"The PU is there when I need it. Have hauled a few loads of sand and topsoil in it with no problems. Ride is comfortable for a PU, but hey, its not a luxury car. Would like the turning radius to be shorter as it can be hard to get in and out of parking spaces. Also wish the gas mileage were better. I bought this as my retirement present, and have been happy with my decision to buy it. Put a Line-X liner in it, and have been very pleased with that, although watching them sand the paint on my brand new truck before spraying in the liner was heart wrenching."

One tough truck!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Tough, reliable, solid truck."

Cons: "seats could be more comfortable."

"I bought this truck used three years ago and have put 84,000 miles on it with no repairs. Highway mpg is about 23, which I consider good for the type of vehicle. It tows a horse trailer with no problem. I rolled this truck at highway speeds a year ago. I'm told it rolled four times, though I can't prove it. No injuries to anyone, and the truck drove away. I'm impressed. My only complaint is the seats could be more comfortable."

nicest vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"the nicest vehicle i ever had runs great never had any problems with it its like brand new"

Really good truck for the money

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Price, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "1 12v plug, 1 cup holder, a lot of road noise"

"65,000 miles, never been in the shop and gets significantly better than EPA estimated fuel economy (EPA says 20/14, actual is 24/18, and I drive pretty aggressively.) Nothing on the truck has failed, and it has handled everything that I have thrown at it. I bought it because of the price, and after having driven it for a few years I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had paid more for it. It could use some improvements in the areas of interior comfort and finishing, but I bought it to drive, not to lounge in. A few more 12v plugs would also be nice - 1 doesn't really cut it."

great anything truck

By on Saturday, January 8, 2011

"i enjoy this truck more then any other that i have in my fleet of work trucks get the job done like a full size truck but easier to get in and out of and tows like champ and i can still take it on the town with the family"

All in all good truck

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"I bought the truck in '07 as a left over and had ALOT of problems early on while it was still covered. ECU went,Driver side seat broke,3 coil packs burnt,Speed sensor went,Driver side power window went all fixed on Dodge's dime. Since the all the kinks have been fixed early on I have had very little problems since. I have had to replace the sway bar links,one broke at the ball joint and cut my CV boot,so now a half shaft is in my "to do list". Having a ball joint in a swaybar link is a poor design in my opinion but it was a easy and pretty cheap fix for anyone who knows how to turn a wrench. All in all I like this truck and like to think the worst is behind me now. We will see :)"

Friday

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Overall I love this truck. I have the V6 and the power is lacking but I have pulled a 7x14 cargo trailer fully loaded with this vehicle. It does ok in town but the interstate is another story. It cannot handle the size of a large trailer at speeds over 50mph. It is comfortable and looks great. My biggest concern would be reliability. Mine has 86000 miles and I have replaced the water pump, bearings in one axle, and the a/c is knocking currently. Had my mechanic check it out and he said the compressor was gonna go out sooner than later but to let it go completely out first. These are minor but it seems once I got over 70k all this issues started. Hopefully no more will come up. Overall, I like the truck and would recommend it to anyone not using it to tow heavy loads."

ok

By on Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I like my truck .I bought it use in Feb. 09. it had 36,000 miles . at 58,000 I had to replace al the ball joints and front brake. it is a Quad cab 4x4 not off road. after takeing it to a none dealer mech. I get great gas mileage"

good truck interior roomy

By on Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Truck has given me excellent service. No problems other than regular maintenance. It is not too big. just big enough and very comfortable room in cab. Love it."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I have had my truck for little over a year and love it. For it's size the gas mileage is great. 18 City 22 HWY. Seats are comfortable, very, roomy, and what a smooth powerful ride."

not bad

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"gas is horrible but has muscle on the V8 overall not a bad truck"

Great value

By on Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"This truck with a 6 speed on the floor V-6 and a towing package amazes me with good gas mileage, manueuverability, and payload. And best of all , its only been in the shop once in 5 years. And that was under warrenty. For the money, its hard to beat."

2007 SLT Quad Cab 4wd V8

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Bought new off the line in '07. Miserable overall experience. Nothing good to say really. Engine is reliable. The seats have an irregular curve which messes w/ your neck and shoulders. Seat really hurts during a long drive. In rain or inclemate weather has no traction. The 4wd is good but transitioning back to 2wd can be a pain. I went through a rear end in two years and hardly ever used 4wd. Front drive shaft broke @ 12000 miles. CV joint broke @ 48k. Brakes produce a shimmy in the steering wheel that can be felt between 60-68mph. Paint is cheap and scratches easily. Truck feels cheap. Headlights and wiper motor have a mind of their own. Truck has no pick up even w/ a V8 and guzzles gas like no other. 2500lbs in the bed, the bed will rub on the rear wheels. Front wheel came off on the highway, when I looked at it, 3 lugs had snapped off at some point and I do not drive off road. I live in NC and the A/C is horrible so I just sweat all summer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals