2008 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab

7.9

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

good vehicle for the price

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "fast truck with the V8 six speed"

Cons: "Visability not great while looking for traffic"

"Had a little trouble in the begining....but got straightened out. I like it now."

A good contender for mid size trucks

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pros: "Optional 4x4, V8, and 4 Doors"

Cons: "Reliability, Fuel Economy"

"4x4 ensures better safety in bad snow. The optional V8 adds plenty of power to get up to speed on the expressway and overtake traffic. The crew cab offers plenty of convenience for lugging around more than one passenger. The vehicle is a 2008 and I've owned it since 2010. I've enjoyed driving it but there are some things I need to comment on. The front end is designed horribly. Prepare to go through ball joints every two years or less, especially when traversing Michigan's awful roads. Fuel economy is abysmal. I average 15-16 mpg of combined city and highway driving, but I do drive fairly quick. Other, more cautious drivers, may see 18-19 mpg if they are lucky. I've also had to replace many things to include the water pump, tie rod end links, wheel hubs, ball joints(multiple times), transmission filters, and a few other things I can't remember. The vehicle started to fall off around 75,000 miles so prepare to dish out money on the occasion. All in all, a fairly nice pickup that gets the job done and does it well with a sense of urgency but lacks in the reliability and fuel economy departments."

Great truck good for light duty work.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, great transmission"

Cons: "cheap interior, DODGE"

"This truck is great as long as you dont need to do heavy work which is not what this truck was designed for. i DO NOT like dodge and i have always said that i will never own one. well now i do and i am surprised with how much that i like it. i have the v6 but it still has a lot of power. ive towed over 13000 pounds with no problem and that is a lot more than it is rated to tow. i wouldnt recommend doing this because i was fishtailing and my back end was REALLY low. i have the manual transmission which is a blast to drive and all you have to do is drop it into 3rd and it is like a bullet, which is helpful when you need to pass. this truck has amazing handling, i drive it like its a sports car and have never had any problems. the two things that i dont like about this truck is that it does not have an option for a longer bed and that the interior seems kind of cheap. i only get 14 mpg in the city which is sad because it is a 3.7 liter engine. that might be because of my led foot but im going to ignore that and say that this truck could get better mpg. i grew up on a farm and we had a lot of different trucks, most of them were 1 ton diesels, that we put to the test, although this truck cant compete with something like that it does good at what it was designed to do, be a mid size, medium use truck. overall this is a good truck for someone that lives in the city who doesnt need a monster of a truck but if your like me and your from the country and you need a truck that you can go get hay with of put a trailer on to tow the tractor around get yourself the best truck out there, a 1 ton ford powerstroke."

The best truck I have ever had!!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "same seating and mpg as a car..in a truck!!!!"

"Just a great truck..4 doors for the kids and you can still haul..great mpg on the 3.7L I average 25 mpg..(with topper and nitrogen in the tires"

2005 V-6 Dakota

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"I have been largely disappointed with the power and mileage of my V-6 Dakota. The 3.55 axle ratio appears to be too high for this type of engine. On secondary highways, I get about the same gas mileage (19+ MPG) with the overdrive locked out as I do in overdrive. It feels less powerful than my '93 5-speed 3.9L was. Also the 2005 year model came with inferiorly designed rear brakes that tend too pulsate. The fix involves replacing the entire rear brake system and possibly the rear axles, most of which is not covered by warranty. (approx $500.) Bummer!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals