2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

8.3

Based on 1411 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

First truck; first Dodge; not disappointed..

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Hauls a lot; not a full-size truck; capable"

Cons: "gas mileage;"

"This was my first truck...ever. So my reviews must be considered in light of the fact that I have nothing against which to compare this truck. Having said that, I love my truck! It's a 2000 Quad-cab with the 4.7L engine, 4-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive. It came to me with 258,000 miles and now, some two years later, has a bit over 311,000 miles. As soon as I purchased it I had a mechanic do about another $2K in upgrades/repairs/etc. At this age and mileage, increasingly expensive and extensive repairs are to be expected. It has a completely new A/C system. (Was going to pass on that but figured I should get one since I was hauling around my elderly mother more and more.) New rotors, brake pads and calipers on the front. Now on my second set of tires. Replaced front seats as the driver's seat that came with it was a Power Seat that had had all the electrical removed, and it shifted a little bit on acceleration and deceleration (really annoying "feature"). Beyond that, it's not had much done. I'm actually looking at adding a newer DD to the family, but only because I don't want to strain the transmission on my existing one with the trailer-hauling I'll be doing more and more. In any event, she's been a really good truck. I think I'll keep her if and when I get this other DD. Definitely pleased with mine."

VERY SOLID TRUCK

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I bought my truck 7 years ago with 40K miles on it. Just passed 128K miles and still goin strong. Probably the best truck I have owned. The 4.7 V-8 has plenty of power and gas mileage is good if I am not too aggressive. Cab is plenty roomy and comfy. Easy to drive in traffic. Will buy another if this one ever quits :-)"

Ole Reliable

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I bought my Dakaota new in '98 and have owned it for 11yrs. Over those years I've had to replace some parts i.e. the ball joints, the pinion gears, and the brakes but other than that (which I would consider normal wear and tear for an 11yr old vehicle) all I've had to do is change the oil and give it regular tune-ups. This truck has seen extensive off road use and 11 very hard winters with months on end with the transmission engaged in 4WD. It has also made several long distance road trips with nary a problem. I have only 2 complaints about this truck: 1) the gas mileage is a horrendous 15mpg so when the prices spike I have to curtail my driving a little and 2) there is a reaccuring rust problem with the bumpers that I can't seem to overcome no matter how much sanding and repainting happens but as the truck is getting old now and it doesn't seem to be affecting the body at all I believe tat I'll just let it go. All in all this truck has serviced me very well for a long time and it still shows no sign of letting up any time soon so i would highly recommend it."

Stout little truck

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I loved the look of the Dakota, always felt it was a very dressy truck. Lots of aftermarket possibilities both in looks as well as performance. Mine has 130000, the only major complaint I have was a transmission going out at 60k miles, but the new one has been in since and hasn't had a problem since, I bought my truck used with 25k miles on it, now the odometer reads 130+k. The list of repairs is fairly short. 2 brake replacements, at 50k and again at 128k, 1 transmission at 60k, 1 clutch at 108k, and two tune-ups, 1 timing belt issue but an aftermarket tensioner fixes that problem. other than the usual tires and gas and other various fluids, thats all my truck has needed repair wise since I purchased it 6 years ago. Pros and Cons: V6 doesn't get the mileage Dodge claimed, best seen on interstate once was 23 mpg worst is 13 mpg in city, with fuel friendly modifications to truck. Engines a little on the weak side stock, but with aftermarket equipment, it can be just as fast as the bigger V8's and sometimes faster. Great starter truck!"

No Problem

By on Monday, December 3, 2007

"Ive owned this truck for 6 years with no major problems. Tuneup, tires ,brakes,thermostat, shocks, u joints, ball joints normal wear out stuff."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Club Cab near Honolulu. See local deals