2012 Dodge Charger

Based on 164 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Best car I have had in a long time

By on Friday, February 12, 2016

Pros: "excellent power, syling and value"

Cons: "replaced two coils"

"I have a 2014 R/T Plus with AWD. The car is the best car I have owned in years. It has excellent styling, excellent power and a very comfortable interior. The Hemi engine has plenty of power. I average 18 MPG around town and have averaged up to 23 on the highway. This car will get up and go with no problem at all. It has all the convenient controls that are needed and not a lot of useless options that nobody uses. Great value for this car. I was a little worried about driving on unplowed roads the first time I drove it in the snow in New York. This car handled flawless and got through the snow just as good as driving a 4 wheel drive suv or pickup. I did have one issue with the water pump leaking which the dealer replaced with no questions. I also had to have two coils replaced. The check engine light came on and I took it to the dealer. All items were covered under that warranty and the dealer replaced them with not questions."

An excellent car in all catgories

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Powerful fuel siping V8. Very quite ride."

Cons: "None except a few early issues with the airbag sys"

"I love the power of the ultra smooth Hemi engine in my R/T. Driving is a joy on long or short trips, the interior is super quite and the seats comfortable. The electronic display is easy to use and controls almost everything. I would recommend this car to young and old."

Far better than expected

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Low 30s price a bonus, fast, attention-getter"

Cons: "Large plasticky dashboard, seats not supportive"

"Mine is an R/T with upgraded (20 inch) wheels and after-market graphics, including hood scoops, roof, and spoiler blackouts. The gas mileage is better than expected: 19+ around town, up to 23 on the interstate. Quality is very good, other than a misaligned gas filler (fixed under warranty). No major problems over the last 8 months. (Wheel shimmy due to a bad after-market tire, fixed under warranty, is the only exception,) Great power, many compliments by passers-by. Excellent redundant touch and button radio and phone controls, hands-free bluetooth synced perfectly and easily. No downsides!!"

Really Sweet Ride!

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive look/gas mileage/ride quality/features"

Cons: "rear deck panel rattle/wide swing-out front doors"

"Got the 2012 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop package in March. Liked the aggressive look and quiet ride. Takes off like a rocket in sport mode-cool paddle shifters on steering wheel. Great sound system with the Alpine speakers. 8.4" display is easy to see and navigate. Just a LOT of great features in this car. Gas mileage on the 292 HP V-6 is actually better than my previous Honda Accord sedan with the 4 cylinder. Looks wicked just sitting in the drive way! Not having to use a key at all took a little getting used to, but pretty cool. Heated fabric seats are awesome in the winter. The only things I would change? The rear plastic panel between the seats and back window vibrates when you crank up the volume-may have to get that addressed. And the front doors swing out extremely wide - you have to really stretch for them when seated in the front driver/passenger seats. Other than that, a real pleasure to own and drive!"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the price, comfortable drive"

Cons: "No rear backup camera or navigation on the SE"

"I love my 2013 Dodge Charger. I bought this car at the end of 2013 and got an unbelievable deal on it. This car offers a comfortable ride and although I have an SE with a V6 engine, it's still pretty fast. The audio controls on the back of the steering wheel are very convenient. I don't have to take my eyes off the wheel to make sure I'm pressing the right thing. The sport appearance package gives my car an extra sleek look. I like the chrome wheels and rear spoiler. The only thing I'm missing is a sunroof. Overall, great car!"

Shut up and buy one already

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Where do I start? This car is brutal! I won't ramble on about it's awesme styling, because that is all a matter of opinion anyway. I do get complments on it daily, however. It's the car for the family guy who has everythig. 4 doors, a big backseat, and 16 cubic feet of trunk space gets my family and I wherever we need to go in a hurry, with no emo teenagers upset because they have to ride in a minivan. My whole family LOVES this car. I bought mine new, and included in the price was the SRT experience. An entire day driving the entire SRT lineup (minus the Viper). That alone is a $600 value. I asked the SRT experience crew about any reliability issues they have had, and they just routinely change tires, brake pads, and oil. This car has me spoiled. It has more bells and whistles than I will ever use (my last car was a Neon SRT-4 that I drove for 10 years). My only complaints are that the ride is a little... uncomposed... sometimes. Maybe that's because it does not handle like a 4000lb car normally would. On the track, it is simply amazing. Not a huge fan of the fact that I couldn't get a manual transmission (what's up with that)? And the exhaust is a little quiet for my taste. City driving gas mileage is, well... terrible, but it is pretty decent on the highway. At the end of the day you will not find a faster, better handling, better looking, red-white-and-blue-blooded sedan on the market for the price... period. It has all of the finesse, table manners, and raw, primal, brutal power of a big ol' hairy gorilla! This is what an American car should be, four-doors and all. So shut up, empty your life savings, give it all to Ma Mopar, and start enjoying your life!"

Feels like a tank! (good thing)

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "AWD, technology, power, handling, etc etc etc"

Cons: "text to speech through bluetooth is limited"

"I wanted to wait until I had this vehicle for awhile before I wrote a review. I bought this vehicle back in January of 2014, and have been driving it for approximately 6 months now. I previously had a 2010 Chevy Camaro and due to the increasingly harsh winters in Canada I wanted something that I could drive all winter long without worry or nerves about what the weather man threatens me with. I was in the market for an AWD vehicle, wanted a car, but still wanted something that looked nice. This basically left me with a Cadillac CTS (too expensive), the Subaru lineup... which to be honest is great if you just want a basic car. If you want any type of technology in your vehicle you need to get the top model which is more than i wanted to spend. The Dodge Charger or the Chrysler 300. Once I test drove the 2014 Dodge Charger SXT Plus AWD I fell for it, easy decision... and here is why. 1. The car is a full sized sedan, make no mistake it is a large vehicle... but it does not drive like one. It is nimble around corners, great visibility, and the 300 horses under the hood for a V6 is more than enough for easy highway merging and passing. 2. Technology. This car is full of it, and they all look and tie nicely together. 8.4 inch touch screen is easy to navigate, bluetooth is easy to set up, backup camera has a wide view. etc. 3. the AWD. I cannot say enough about this. The car has adaptive AWD which automatically determines if you need RWD for better feul economy (in the summer for example) or AWD for better traction (during heavy rain or winter). The transition is seamless. I purposely went out in the middle of a snow storm in February when there was 6 inches of snow on the roads. Came to a complete stop and stepped on the gas... the car took off like the snow wasnt even there... i was absolutely blown away. If you want a stylish, feul efficient, AWD vehicle that is full of technology.... this car is for you! you will not regret it."

I bought this car in August( Great Car!!!!)

By on Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pros: "Keyless entry and go, 8.4 uconnect touchscreen,"

Cons: "transmission lag with eco system"

"Manufactured in June purchased in August. Power is good but electronics for eco need to go. Black in color. Great ride comfort. First brand new car I have ever had. Keyless entry and go (great) but had to replace door handles because of defect. I have the SE with rallye package. 8.4 uconnect screen is awwwesommmmee! You cant buy a Lacrosse for this kinda money! gas mileage City 18 Hwy any where from 27-32. All in All I have no regrets."

Nice Ride, for a short time.

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"Bought this car two years ago, and man I was impressed by the smooth ride, the quite cabin, the big uconnect screen, and even heated cloth seats! and then it began In the last two years: -The headlight wiring melted (yes MELTED) and shorted out on one side -The door handle sensors for they keyless entry broke (fixed in a recall) -the airbag warning light was triggered due to faulty wiring (fixed in a recall) -The trunk release button the decklid broke and had to be replaced -The alternator went out -A recall on the wiring for the ABS system -Rack and pinion had to be replaced -The "soft touch" interior is not holding up well and the car has turned into a big maraca on rough roads This car has been garaged and treated with kid gloves, and has still landed me back at the dealer more times than I care to count."

2012 SRT8 Blacked out

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Unique Ride"

Cons: "Have to put in Storage for winter grrrrrr price"

"Love the key less entry and power of this ride is plenty :) Traded my 09 RT for the 2012 SRT and so far gas difference is negligible. I like the uniqueness of the SRT as you just don't see many in my area (Buffalo NY) but see stangs, challengers, camaros all the time."