2012 Dodge Charger

Based on 160 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

fun, fast and loud. Like a real muscle car

By on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pros: "Color, price, fun to drive, exhaust, performance"

Cons: "Beats sound system."

"I bought a brand new 2016 Charger Scat Pack loaded in Plum Crazy purple. This car has about 1000 miles on it currently. For a car this fast it actually rides really well. The exhaust note is incredible especially when starting it up or putting the pedal to the floor. Beware that even on dry and warm days this thing will light the tires up in a hurry! Simply pushing the sport button disables the traction control and will allow for 40 mph rolling burnouts. I think my favorite aspect of this car is the color, it gets lots of positive attention and comments. I don't think driving it in the winter will happen, I'll get a beater for that. The only disappointment for me is the Beats audio system. I wish the Harmon Kardon from the SRT was available. The Beats system doesn't have the low end that I had hoped."

This is the One.

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Chassis, comfort, performance, value."

Cons: "18" wheels get lost; 20's sacrifice comfort."

"Ask my wife; I am always in the market for a new car. It was a hobby. No more. I've had 2 GTO's, a G8 GT, Sonata 2.0t, Genesis (Coupe and Sedan), Sierra Quad Cab... the list goes on. You get the idea. The 2012 Charger SXT is the best car I have ever owned. (Hint: add a Cold Air Intake to the V6. It will help you get over not having a V8 right around 5700rpm. The snarl is intoxicating.) Be patient, look for good deals, and you can take an SXT home for under $25k. It devours interstates for lunch. 70mph = 1500rpm. The chassis is solid. It handles well for such a large car. It has all the features you want; none of the stuff you don't. "Base" stereo with the 8.4 touchscreen is Alpine. Nice! The transmission anticipates your next move. HUGE on the inside, sexy on the outside. If the styling is too much... go with a 300. I'll say this: the car begs for a lumpy torque-monster V8. But unless you live stoplight-to-stoplight, the overachieving Pentastar V6 will take you from 0-60 in well under 7 seconds while sipping regular unleaded. The 8-speed vs. the 5-speed for the Hemi closes the desirability gap between the two considerably."

Awesome sporty and family sedan

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pros: "Great car!!!"

"I absolutely love this car!! Why? well several reasons such as the comfort, style, size, speed, everything about this car is just perfect and amazing. If you want a stylish, sporty, fast, family sedan, don't look any further."

One Fun Car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive and Sporty"

Cons: "RWD is not good for those who drive in snow"

"I have had this car about a month now and I love it. I have 6cyl SXT edition with the Rallye package. I currently average about 24 city and 30 hwy. We took this vehicle on a short roadtrip just to test and see if the fuel economy was as good as advertised and were pleased with the 30 MPG. The enterior is spacious and seats 4 adults and a car seat comfortably. I love the push button start and the fact I don't need to get my key out to unlock and start the car. This may not have a Hemi but it pretty quick. Fast enough that I have to watch my speed because I'm usually going faster than I realize. I like the climate, stereo and blue tooth controls being integrated into one screen. I love that the MP3 decoder picks up my phones music wirelessly. No need to take the time and plug in the cord. My one complaint with this car is the gaurd that pops up in the front of the moonroof is made of mesh. This does help prevent bugs from getting in the car however it makes huge amounts of noise at highway speeds. It is also impossible to clean. In order for the gaurd to be visable the moonroof has to be open and unless you want bugs, cleaner and water in the car you can't clean it while open. You would almost need to remove it and clean it away from the car and in my opinion that is just rediculous. This is a RWD car so I would caution anyone wanting to buy this who has to drive in the snow. It handles great in the rain and typical driving conditions though. I have a Subaru for snow and a Charger for fun."

My Second Dodge Charger, buying a 3rd soon!

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "great looks, fun to drive, SAFE TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "I think the digital guage needs redesigned"

"I leased a 2008 Charger SE and loved it! At 260 HP I thought it was under powered, so when I bought my 2012 Charger SE and nearly 300 HP (PITCH BLACK WITH BLACK INTERIOR, 8 SPEED TRANS AND WING AND WHEEL OPTION) I had the best car I'd ever owned ( I'm 60). Best mpg I ever got was 34! My only complaint is that the base seat was too soft for longer trips. In Jan of 2014 a driver ran a stop sign on a rural road and I T-boned him. Both air bags deployed and most important to me, the air bag that came out the lower dash at my knees saved my knees and likely broken bones. I had lots of bruises and a broken rib - but no cuts. My car was totaled. Thank God I was in big, well made car! I plan to buy an AWD Charger soon - either SXT or RT! Love the Dodge Charger!"