2012 Dodge Charger

Based on 160 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Love every mile.

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "None so far."

"Bought RT 1 year ago in red for $28300 plus tax and fees brand new.Used for demo, had 600 miles. Never registered so thus a "new car". LOVE THIS CAR.Has 20" wheels, spoiler and easy to use info system. Beats audio great system. Handles great for such a large car. Mileage pretty much as specified - 15-17 around town and 25-29 on the road depending on terrain and how aggressive I am on the throttle. Very comfortable seats (I have a bad back and can drive for hours with no trouble). More than enough power for me in every circumstance.Large trunk. Fit and finish almost perfect. Some body seams not perfect but very minor misalignments. Really have to look to notice.Very quiet around town and on the highway. Wanted a big, comfortable, fast, well handling quality car for a very reasonable price. Couldn't be happier.If it had the new 8 speed tranny on the later models(which I have driven and loved) the car for me would be as perfect as one can be. Still great with the 5 speed, but not quite as good."

Tons of research and test drives... never a doubt

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, HUGE cabin, you'll love it"

Cons: "No self-cloning technology"

"I started looking at Dodge Chargers in 2009 and drove a new 2010 RT fully loaded for the first time. It was enjoyable, but not amazing. 2011 rolled around before I test drove another right after the redesign.. man was I stoked.. that was the most enjoyable test drive of any vehicle I had ever had. I was driving a little 4-cylinder Hyundai Elantra at the time.. I drove both the V6 and the V8 Chargers and was elated with both. However in the end, the V8 won me over. I watched and researched every little thing I could for over 3 years before finally grabbing my Charger and I've been absolutely impressed, excited, and delighted with my choice! The heated/cooled cupholders were a very nice touch, as were the soft lighting additions behind the door handles on the inside. Everything about the cabin felt so very well thought out and was exquisitely done. A few notes about the two machines: V6 does not ride as smooth as the V8, I'm guessing the suspension and sheer weight difference are likely the causes. V6 gas mileage is a little better than the Hemi v8, but only a little on the highway, much more so in-town. I average a little better than what the window sticker suggested (17mpg city, 26 hwy sticker, 17mpg city, 28mpg hwy actual). A tip for other potential buyers: especially in the V8, Cruise is your friend.. use it alot if you want to keep your fuel costs lower. The automatic tranny will downshift for you when you kick on cruise, while if you don't have the paddleshifters, you're kind of stuck otherwise. While it feels big.. my Charger doesn't feel sluggish or unwieldy. It drives very nimbly and agile, especially for its' size. I can vouch for 0-60 in around 5.5-6 seconds ^.^. While I'm not a racer, I chose my V8 because it handles so impeccably well! I wanted a vehicle that was one of the best there is to keep me and my passengers out of wrecks, not survive them. The handling on the Charger leaves me no doubts that it is what I was looking for, it's incredibly responsive for its' size and weight. I drove 2010 or newer mustangs, I test drove new Camaros, and even a bmw and a Genesis. The bmw and genesis weren't really even in the same class performance-wise, and the camaro had a horrendously rough ride. The mustang just felt too refined, yet not nearly as comfortable. All of them felt very small and confined compared to the positively huge cabin space of the Charger. My Wife-to-be loves my car as much as I do... we may get another when it comes time to replace her Element. :D"

2013 Charger SRT

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "instant power, extremely fast, excellent features"

Cons: "Would be nice to install apps to sound system"

"This is one awesome ride. The performance is breath taking, the build quality is excellent, the sound system is amazing. The handling is pretty amazing as well. The power is literally instant on. On other cars I have owned there is a small gap of time from throttle press, but not on the SRT. This car will be accelerating "before" my brain has even figured out that I stepped on the gas pedal. It's really hard to knock a vehicle that can run down M5's and Maserati's on the highway and costs around $50K. 110mph in this car feel like 50 in a normal car, it's just that planted and solid. The Harmon Kardon sound system with surround sound is really amazing. I have owned some vehicles with nice sound systems, but nothing like this. The closest thing I can think of is the Bose system in some GM vehicles, but's honestly it's not as good as the Harmon Kardon in the Charger. It's actually hard to drive this car with restraint. I try and use the adaptive cruise control, which is also my favorite feature of this vehicle, and there is only so long one can drive and be passed up in this car with so much power under the hood. It screams to be released. Passing on the highway is extremely simple. Within a few seconds (if even that) I can out accelerate 99.9% of all cars and pass. This is a good in town cruiser as long as you don't mind paying for the gas station stops. 14mpg in the city is about right. 23mpg on the high way is about right as well, as long as I use the cruise control and keep the cruise set at or a little under 65. But running for a long time on cruise control is a little like trying to feed jelly beans to a starving lion. Sooner or later, the lion will overcome his hunger and gorge. As much as this "can be" a practical car, it definitely wants to be driven. I do look forward to taking the SRT track day and seeing how this car can run on the race track. Owning this car, even for just a short period of time has raised my interest in being able to take a car like this and drive it to the local race track, just to let the lion out to stretch his legs. This is not my first "fast car" but no other car has sparked that interest in track driving like the SRT and I have also owned Corvettes and Lotus as well. I like the idea of real functioning hood scoops and brake vents. They are just not fake vents in this car, they are real and serve a purpose. It gives the car the exotic look since it has real functioning equipment. The interior is really nice with aluminum and billet replacing plastic. The dash trim wasn't stolen from another car, it was purpose built for the SRT and I can feel the quality. If you buy one, buy it with the red leather and thank me later. That being said I do have a few small recommendations to buyers and the design team at SRT: The car needs to be a bit louder, this is after all a car that run in the same pack with super cars and it needs to sound like one not just at wide open throttle. At the very least give a prospective buyer the ability to "opt in" for a slightly louder exhaust note. A better selection of colors would be nice as well. Muscle cars were known for outlandish colors and stripes and the charger is no different. I would have love to bought a super bee, but most on dealer lots are fairly stripped down and lack the nice sound system of the full blown SRT model. It would be nice if the flag ship product of Chrysler would allow installing apps such as Pandora. SRT is a high performance premium brand and it needs to be on the bleeding edge to command it's price. One last small item is not being able to add the mopar appearance package, which can be added to other models. Luckily I had the dealer buy it separately and then install it. This package includes lighted door sills, interior lighting effects, billet pedals for the floor and a beefy mopar t-handle shifter to replace the teeny leather one that came in the car. That package added the finishing touches to a car that was already awesome in it's own right. As long as one does not mind the higher insurance premiums on this car, or the slightly higher price at the pump, it's definitely a super car bargain. I always wondered what it would be like to own a maserati quattroporte or an aston martin rapide, and even though I own neither I can still say that I understand what it would be like to own either. The Charger really is that good."

Highway Star

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Handling, Powertrain, Lights, Interior"

Cons: "Brakes could use more initial bite"

"I have a 2015 Charger Rallye AWD. It's a fun, practical and very comfortable car. It is remarkably quiet on the highway and it can cover a lot of ground with quick effortless grace. The excellent and refined chassis and suspension give you a firm supple ride and the car feels incredibly well planted to the pavement. The slick AWD system engages at any speed if you lose traction, if the temperature gets below 40 deg. or if you turn the wipers on. The Rallye also has a Sport Mode that engages the AWD, changes the shift points and firms up the steering. Unlike a lot of cars, Sport Mode actually changes the character of the car. The Rallye model also has a slightly modified intake and "real" dual exhaust with twin cats and mufflers. This bumps the HP to 300. I'm averaging 27 mpg and I consider that pretty good for a big heavy car with good performance. Some of this performance has to do with the overall excellent 8 speed transmission that makes the most of the V6 power curve and pretty much disappears when you drive normally. The Charger offers what I want from a car. It can comfortably carry my family and my stuff. It effortlessly goes where I point it regardless of the weather. It handles well, rides nice and get's with the program when I step on the gas. The fact that it turns heads is secondary but nice."

Fast and Affordable

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Very sporty and economical"

Cons: "Wish I would have opted for more options"

Parked

"This car rocks!!! I own the SE and couldn't be happier! With 292 power, this car gets up and goes! Fuel economy is fantastic with the variable valve engine and the eight speed transmission. Would definitely look at this car or any 2012 charger for that mater... You will fall in love the minute you step in, with the push of a button, your gone! Go for the red,.for $500 it's worth it! For those looking for increased perfomace, mopar makes a cold air intake that is "pull out, put in". Can feel the difference, plus adds to fuel economy."

Parked

This is the One.

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Chassis, comfort, performance, value."

Cons: "18" wheels get lost; 20's sacrifice comfort."

"Ask my wife; I am always in the market for a new car. It was a hobby. No more. I've had 2 GTO's, a G8 GT, Sonata 2.0t, Genesis (Coupe and Sedan), Sierra Quad Cab... the list goes on. You get the idea. The 2012 Charger SXT is the best car I have ever owned. (Hint: add a Cold Air Intake to the V6. It will help you get over not having a V8 right around 5700rpm. The snarl is intoxicating.) Be patient, look for good deals, and you can take an SXT home for under $25k. It devours interstates for lunch. 70mph = 1500rpm. The chassis is solid. It handles well for such a large car. It has all the features you want; none of the stuff you don't. "Base" stereo with the 8.4 touchscreen is Alpine. Nice! The transmission anticipates your next move. HUGE on the inside, sexy on the outside. If the styling is too much... go with a 300. I'll say this: the car begs for a lumpy torque-monster V8. But unless you live stoplight-to-stoplight, the overachieving Pentastar V6 will take you from 0-60 in well under 7 seconds while sipping regular unleaded. The 8-speed vs. the 5-speed for the Hemi closes the desirability gap between the two considerably."

fun, fast and loud. Like a real muscle car

By on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pros: "Color, price, fun to drive, exhaust, performance"

Cons: "Beats sound system."

"I bought a brand new 2016 Charger Scat Pack loaded in Plum Crazy purple. This car has about 1000 miles on it currently. For a car this fast it actually rides really well. The exhaust note is incredible especially when starting it up or putting the pedal to the floor. Beware that even on dry and warm days this thing will light the tires up in a hurry! Simply pushing the sport button disables the traction control and will allow for 40 mph rolling burnouts. I think my favorite aspect of this car is the color, it gets lots of positive attention and comments. I don't think driving it in the winter will happen, I'll get a beater for that. The only disappointment for me is the Beats audio system. I wish the Harmon Kardon from the SRT was available. The Beats system doesn't have the low end that I had hoped."

One Fun Car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive and Sporty"

Cons: "RWD is not good for those who drive in snow"

"I have had this car about a month now and I love it. I have 6cyl SXT edition with the Rallye package. I currently average about 24 city and 30 hwy. We took this vehicle on a short roadtrip just to test and see if the fuel economy was as good as advertised and were pleased with the 30 MPG. The enterior is spacious and seats 4 adults and a car seat comfortably. I love the push button start and the fact I don't need to get my key out to unlock and start the car. This may not have a Hemi but it pretty quick. Fast enough that I have to watch my speed because I'm usually going faster than I realize. I like the climate, stereo and blue tooth controls being integrated into one screen. I love that the MP3 decoder picks up my phones music wirelessly. No need to take the time and plug in the cord. My one complaint with this car is the gaurd that pops up in the front of the moonroof is made of mesh. This does help prevent bugs from getting in the car however it makes huge amounts of noise at highway speeds. It is also impossible to clean. In order for the gaurd to be visable the moonroof has to be open and unless you want bugs, cleaner and water in the car you can't clean it while open. You would almost need to remove it and clean it away from the car and in my opinion that is just rediculous. This is a RWD car so I would caution anyone wanting to buy this who has to drive in the snow. It handles great in the rain and typical driving conditions though. I have a Subaru for snow and a Charger for fun."

Awesome sporty and family sedan

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pros: "Great car!!!"

"I absolutely love this car!! Why? well several reasons such as the comfort, style, size, speed, everything about this car is just perfect and amazing. If you want a stylish, sporty, fast, family sedan, don't look any further."

My Second Dodge Charger, buying a 3rd soon!

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "great looks, fun to drive, SAFE TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "I think the digital guage needs redesigned"

"I leased a 2008 Charger SE and loved it! At 260 HP I thought it was under powered, so when I bought my 2012 Charger SE and nearly 300 HP (PITCH BLACK WITH BLACK INTERIOR, 8 SPEED TRANS AND WING AND WHEEL OPTION) I had the best car I'd ever owned ( I'm 60). Best mpg I ever got was 34! My only complaint is that the base seat was too soft for longer trips. In Jan of 2014 a driver ran a stop sign on a rural road and I T-boned him. Both air bags deployed and most important to me, the air bag that came out the lower dash at my knees saved my knees and likely broken bones. I had lots of bruises and a broken rib - but no cuts. My car was totaled. Thank God I was in big, well made car! I plan to buy an AWD Charger soon - either SXT or RT! Love the Dodge Charger!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE my car!

By on Sunday, June 19, 2016

Pros: "Sexy styling, comfortable, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Gas piglet, blind spots"

'14 Anniversary R/T

"This car is such a pleasure to drive. I had NO idea when I purchased it just how many people would come up and comment on what a good looking car it is and want to check it out! Love the unique LED tail lights that make it distinct and visible. Considering what's under the hood, mileage is decent and actually very good on the freeway."

'14 Anniversary R/T

Great car great ride

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "It really looks great"

Cons: "NA"

"I have many complements on my car looks great rides great i have the six with eight speed, handles great i have just about all the bells and whistles. I would buy this car again with no questions i leased just so i would know i could get out if had too, but love this car without a doubt."

Remembering the good ole days!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, comfortable, powerful, my is loaded,"

Cons: "Sloppy in the corners...should be a little tighter"

"More power and smoother than my 70 396 Chevelle, my 72 GS Buick 350/4/ 73 Vette 454 275 horse...I could go on and on. The only thing that irked me was all the recalls...a real joy killer. Hemi RT AWD with K&N and Flowmaster Delta 50's for a little rumble. Almost 400 hp and 26/27 on highway and 22 around town...can't beat that!"

A lot of bang for your buck.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, and comfort"

Cons: "Adult getting in and out of the back seat"

"This car handles well and is very comfortable for a bigger person. I am 275 lbs and still have plenty of room. The 292HP V6 fits this car very well. Yes the V8 has more HP, but it weighs more and the handle is not as good. I will admit the back seat due to the shape of the window is a bit harder to get into then a normal car. I am ok with that because, the baby rides in a car seat so it is not a issue. The trunk is decent sized and it's nice with the push button on the truck for easy access. Now to the interior features. I know most of the older dodge interiors looked a bit cheap, but dodge has stepped up their game in the past few years. I really like the touch screen, steering wheel controls, exra plugs in the center console, and the standard driver power seat. The design is very modern and cool looking. This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned."

German handling with Hemi power & AWD

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, great fun"

"I gave up on US built cars more than 27 years ago and have been driving German and Semi-luxury Japanese since. I've watched the Charger for several years as the quality continued to improve; loved the style, wanted the power. I bought about 4,000 miles ago and found that after 30 years of boredom. I love driving again. Handling is exceptional. 0 to 60 takes your breath away. Kick it at 50 straight up and the blood drains from your face. At 63, it's 1969 all over again. 375 HP, 395 lb/ft of torque with 552 watts, 10 speakers and a sub-woofer in the trunk. No quality issues, everything performs as it should or better. Dodge got it right this time and I'm enjoying every day. 40 years from now, do you really think folks will be going to the classic car auctions to bid on a Camry?"

leads the pack..

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Power, handling, quietness, equipment level."

Cons: "Tyre noise(Michelin..surprisingly)"

"Took delivery of this car last Sept. I must admit that it has really surprised me with its fuel efficiency, snap-on power and quietness. The level of interior quality is very good, amazing 8-speed gearbox, and it just makes you want to be in the car forever. Dodge has nailed it...."

Fine design, fine car, but not perfect.

By on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pros: "Excellent value. Best car on the market."

Cons: "Warranty is worthless if the Mfr won't honor it."

"3rd Charger. Second with a Hemi. I love the car in every way, except the most important one: I purchased it new, and a few weeks after purchase, the Hemi motor started making ominous sounds. After many trips to the dealership without repair (they all do that and it's just a charcteristic), I got fed up. Long story short, the Mfr is refusing to stand behind their product, and they'll pay for it. Do not take no for an answer from the dealership or the Mfr. Follow the maintenance recommendations to a tee, do not modify anything, and make them repair it."

great car! great value!

By on Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pros: "great price, great gadgets, great comfort"

Cons: "blacktop version not in AWD"

"I own the sxt plus w the Blacktop package. I fell in love w this car the moment i laid eyes on it. the body lines are agressive, the interior is ultra roomy for me. All of the creature comforts were amazing. But what really blew me away was the price. 8 speed transmission is smooth and the ride is very responsive. I too did not fully trust the quality from Chrystler so i purchased the extended warranty. I recommend this car completely!!"

BEST MOPAR I HAVE OWNED SO FAR

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cons: "Would like to see POWER folding outside mirrors."

"Submitting rating because I found none for the SRT model. I bought a black on black 2012 Charger SRT-8 in October of 2011. I know it is no fair to compare, but I also have a 2008 BMW Alpina B7. The Dodge is a great deal for the money. My SRT can stay with my Alpina in perfomance. Where the Dodge falls a little short is the car does not track as well and feel as planted as my BMW. The quality and interior design is excellent! I have 21000 miles on it and have had no major issues, only a few minor ones taken care of under warranty. This Charger is my third one. I had an 06 and 07 Daytona Chargers and no a problem with any of them. Excited about the Hemi cars having 8 speed automatic next year and increase to 500 HP. Most likely will trade mine in on a new SRT, hopefully in Plum Crazy Purple. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!"

One bad to the bone car

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Looks great. Rides well. Instant classic"

Cons: "Brakes put out a lot of dust.Price"

"2013 SRT8 Charger is like driving no other car. Rides great on the highway. Many thumbs up while driving. A star on wheels. Easy to operate controls placed in positions that are easy for you to use. Surprisingly not bad on gas .Fun to drive. Seats hug you like a glove. Rear camera is placed in an area that is easy to see and view. Along with the front rear and side/ detection markers make this a safe car to drive. When you put on the gas it demands attention and proves a winner every time. Let’s face it there are only a few cars on the road that even compare."

Best car I have had in a long time

By on Friday, February 12, 2016

Pros: "excellent power, syling and value"

Cons: "replaced two coils"

"I have a 2014 R/T Plus with AWD. The car is the best car I have owned in years. It has excellent styling, excellent power and a very comfortable interior. The Hemi engine has plenty of power. I average 18 MPG around town and have averaged up to 23 on the highway. This car will get up and go with no problem at all. It has all the convenient controls that are needed and not a lot of useless options that nobody uses. Great value for this car. I was a little worried about driving on unplowed roads the first time I drove it in the snow in New York. This car handled flawless and got through the snow just as good as driving a 4 wheel drive suv or pickup. I did have one issue with the water pump leaking which the dealer replaced with no questions. I also had to have two coils replaced. The check engine light came on and I took it to the dealer. All items were covered under that warranty and the dealer replaced them with not questions."

An excellent car in all catgories

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Powerful fuel siping V8. Very quite ride."

Cons: "None except a few early issues with the airbag sys"

"I love the power of the ultra smooth Hemi engine in my R/T. Driving is a joy on long or short trips, the interior is super quite and the seats comfortable. The electronic display is easy to use and controls almost everything. I would recommend this car to young and old."

Far better than expected

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Low 30s price a bonus, fast, attention-getter"

Cons: "Large plasticky dashboard, seats not supportive"

"Mine is an R/T with upgraded (20 inch) wheels and after-market graphics, including hood scoops, roof, and spoiler blackouts. The gas mileage is better than expected: 19+ around town, up to 23 on the interstate. Quality is very good, other than a misaligned gas filler (fixed under warranty). No major problems over the last 8 months. (Wheel shimmy due to a bad after-market tire, fixed under warranty, is the only exception,) Great power, many compliments by passers-by. Excellent redundant touch and button radio and phone controls, hands-free bluetooth synced perfectly and easily. No downsides!!"

Really Sweet Ride!

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive look/gas mileage/ride quality/features"

Cons: "rear deck panel rattle/wide swing-out front doors"

"Got the 2012 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop package in March. Liked the aggressive look and quiet ride. Takes off like a rocket in sport mode-cool paddle shifters on steering wheel. Great sound system with the Alpine speakers. 8.4" display is easy to see and navigate. Just a LOT of great features in this car. Gas mileage on the 292 HP V-6 is actually better than my previous Honda Accord sedan with the 4 cylinder. Looks wicked just sitting in the drive way! Not having to use a key at all took a little getting used to, but pretty cool. Heated fabric seats are awesome in the winter. The only things I would change? The rear plastic panel between the seats and back window vibrates when you crank up the volume-may have to get that addressed. And the front doors swing out extremely wide - you have to really stretch for them when seated in the front driver/passenger seats. Other than that, a real pleasure to own and drive!"

Shut up and buy one already

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Where do I start? This car is brutal! I won't ramble on about it's awesme styling, because that is all a matter of opinion anyway. I do get complments on it daily, however. It's the car for the family guy who has everythig. 4 doors, a big backseat, and 16 cubic feet of trunk space gets my family and I wherever we need to go in a hurry, with no emo teenagers upset because they have to ride in a minivan. My whole family LOVES this car. I bought mine new, and included in the price was the SRT experience. An entire day driving the entire SRT lineup (minus the Viper). That alone is a $600 value. I asked the SRT experience crew about any reliability issues they have had, and they just routinely change tires, brake pads, and oil. This car has me spoiled. It has more bells and whistles than I will ever use (my last car was a Neon SRT-4 that I drove for 10 years). My only complaints are that the ride is a little... uncomposed... sometimes. Maybe that's because it does not handle like a 4000lb car normally would. On the track, it is simply amazing. Not a huge fan of the fact that I couldn't get a manual transmission (what's up with that)? And the exhaust is a little quiet for my taste. City driving gas mileage is, well... terrible, but it is pretty decent on the highway. At the end of the day you will not find a faster, better handling, better looking, red-white-and-blue-blooded sedan on the market for the price... period. It has all of the finesse, table manners, and raw, primal, brutal power of a big ol' hairy gorilla! This is what an American car should be, four-doors and all. So shut up, empty your life savings, give it all to Ma Mopar, and start enjoying your life!"