2012 Dodge Charger

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

BEST MOPAR I HAVE OWNED SO FAR

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cons: "Would like to see POWER folding outside mirrors."

"Submitting rating because I found none for the SRT model. I bought a black on black 2012 Charger SRT-8 in October of 2011. I know it is no fair to compare, but I also have a 2008 BMW Alpina B7. The Dodge is a great deal for the money. My SRT can stay with my Alpina in perfomance. Where the Dodge falls a little short is the car does not track as well and feel as planted as my BMW. The quality and interior design is excellent! I have 21000 miles on it and have had no major issues, only a few minor ones taken care of under warranty. This Charger is my third one. I had an 06 and 07 Daytona Chargers and no a problem with any of them. Excited about the Hemi cars having 8 speed automatic next year and increase to 500 HP. Most likely will trade mine in on a new SRT, hopefully in Plum Crazy Purple. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!"

Remembering the good ole days!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, comfortable, powerful, my is loaded,"

Cons: "Sloppy in the corners...should be a little tighter"

"More power and smoother than my 70 396 Chevelle, my 72 GS Buick 350/4/ 73 Vette 454 275 horse...I could go on and on. The only thing that irked me was all the recalls...a real joy killer. Hemi RT AWD with K&N and Flowmaster Delta 50's for a little rumble. Almost 400 hp and 26/27 on highway and 22 around town...can't beat that!"

A lot of bang for your buck.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, and comfort"

Cons: "Adult getting in and out of the back seat"

"This car handles well and is very comfortable for a bigger person. I am 275 lbs and still have plenty of room. The 292HP V6 fits this car very well. Yes the V8 has more HP, but it weighs more and the handle is not as good. I will admit the back seat due to the shape of the window is a bit harder to get into then a normal car. I am ok with that because, the baby rides in a car seat so it is not a issue. The trunk is decent sized and it's nice with the push button on the truck for easy access. Now to the interior features. I know most of the older dodge interiors looked a bit cheap, but dodge has stepped up their game in the past few years. I really like the touch screen, steering wheel controls, exra plugs in the center console, and the standard driver power seat. The design is very modern and cool looking. This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned."

One bad to the bone car

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Looks great. Rides well. Instant classic"

Cons: "Brakes put out a lot of dust.Price"

"2013 SRT8 Charger is like driving no other car. Rides great on the highway. Many thumbs up while driving. A star on wheels. Easy to operate controls placed in positions that are easy for you to use. Surprisingly not bad on gas .Fun to drive. Seats hug you like a glove. Rear camera is placed in an area that is easy to see and view. Along with the front rear and side/ detection markers make this a safe car to drive. When you put on the gas it demands attention and proves a winner every time. Let’s face it there are only a few cars on the road that even compare."

German handling with Hemi power & AWD

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, great fun"

"I gave up on US built cars more than 27 years ago and have been driving German and Semi-luxury Japanese since. I've watched the Charger for several years as the quality continued to improve; loved the style, wanted the power. I bought about 4,000 miles ago and found that after 30 years of boredom. I love driving again. Handling is exceptional. 0 to 60 takes your breath away. Kick it at 50 straight up and the blood drains from your face. At 63, it's 1969 all over again. 375 HP, 395 lb/ft of torque with 552 watts, 10 speakers and a sub-woofer in the trunk. No quality issues, everything performs as it should or better. Dodge got it right this time and I'm enjoying every day. 40 years from now, do you really think folks will be going to the classic car auctions to bid on a Camry?"