2010 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 431 Ratings for the 2008 - 2018 models.

Time Machine

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Getting in this car is like a trip back to the 60's when we liked our cars, big, bad & in your face & we made no appologies for not being "Green." We wanted our muscle cars to have pure grunt & the SRT8 has plenty of that. However, when the SRT8 came back in this time machine, it came back with a real suspension system, real brakes & build quality our 60's cars never had. This car has no practical use, it's for pure pleasure & the satisfaction of owning a really special car that will probably be outlawed in a few years. But while you can, you'll have the drive of your life ... it ain't for the PC crowd."

R/T Classic

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "outstanding vehicle"

Cons: "there are no cons"

"I love my car. I have done minor paint and decal upgrades. I have put a lot of chrome in the engine bay and have done several engine up grades. It not only looks outstanding, it sounds outstanding and will burn up the road. Every time I take it out I get numerous compliments on my R/T Classic. I have to admit that I become very aroused when driving this vehicle, I feel like I'm 18 again."

Absolutely love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "love driving it!!"

"Tons of horsepower. Awesome look. I always get thumbs up from other drivers."

Most Fun and Best looking ever

By on Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pros: "Fun, equipment, ride, quiet, features,"

Cons: "NONE"

"Always wanted a muscle car and retired fun is where it's at. Great ride, fun to drive, quiet, a real looker. Have had so many comments about how great the car looks. This is my 20th new car in my lifetime, and the most fun ever. It's a V6 and get about 22 MPG around town.. 31-33 HWY...."

Blue collar hero.

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "The smile after starting it up."

Cons: "C-pillar blind spot"

"The first time you start it up, the inner child cant help but marvel as every pulse of the motor taunts you into mashing the throttle. You will want to drive this car every chance you get. The 5.7L HEMI with 6-speed manual is the way to go. Averaging 17-18mpg city. Have not done any highway driving yet, (sorry.) The updated steering and suspension make the car easy to drive with crisp turn in. Once you learn your sight-lines its easy to parallel park as well. Just be careful backing up, as the C-pillars do create large blind spots. The suspension is on the firm side and all the better for it as it tries to mask 4100lbs. The brakes work well and have a progressive feel that sends just enough feedback. The keyless enter-and-go takes some getting used to. U-Connect is only ok though. Ford Sync in my 2010 Mustang GT was more user friendly. The interior is plain and simple...meaning easy to use at (75mph) freeway speeds. The seats hold you in place and never feel tight. Would be great for long trips, unlike my 2011 VW GTI. The standard head unit is decent but would suggest the upgraded system if it fits your budget. Reason being it gives you more info at a glance and a more rich, fuller sound. The car has great fit and finish with a solid mechanical feel. Six years in production and it still turns heads. People will cruise next to you and stare. Kids ask you to rev the engine and do burnouts. Young and old generations admire the Challenger for good reason. Make no mistake, this is one of the best American cars you can buy."

I love this car.

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"My car is a Hemi Orange R/T Classic. I've had a couple of cars that were faster after mods, including my first car, a '74 Roadrunner, and a '79 Trans Am, but this is the fastest stock car I've had. I had a Charger, and traded it in on the Challenger, and almost 3 months later, I like it even more than the day I got it. No car I've ever had gets the attention it does. People ask me about it all the time, and I have had people do really stupid things while driving to look at it, or ask me questions. IMO, GM screwed up the new Camaro's looks very badly, outside and inside, and the Mustang..well, it's a Ford, and I never liked Ford, so the Challenger was an easy choice."

2009 Challnger SRT8 6-speed

By on Friday, November 28, 2008

"I have been waiting for this car for six months. I currently have a Charger SRT8 after having had six Mustangs over the years. This car is by far my favorite. I waited for the 6 speed and was not disappointed. The car handles well, but it is a bit big. I am a big guy at 6'8" and this car fits me very well but might be a bit much for the average driver. The gearing of the manual is way better than the auto for seat pinning excitement. I get 19-21 MPG doing a 20 mile combo city/hwy commute. Great fun, Great styling, Head turning, OMG fun to drive. My one complaint comes from years of driving a lot of manual tranny's... the E-Brake is still a pedal on the left floorboard. As a manual shifting guy, this makes parking a whole new learning experience. For the Auto trans that never uses the e-brake, who cares, but for a manual, you use it every time you park. If you don't mind that or only want an auto tranny then you're good. Cant say enough about this car and the SRT team. Way to go. If you can find one, buy it, you wont be sorry."

Pretty fast with a nice ride

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Fast with desirable retro look & performance"

Cons: "tricky to shift from 5th-6th"

"Ordered new and took delivery 09/12. R/T classic with small hemi and tremec 6 speed. Traded 2010 camaro,the challenger is quieter with less wind noise, and rear visibility is better.Fuel economy is decent around 25-26 highway or better if you baby it.Biggest complaint is paging around the driver info center is somewhat confusing & touch screen radio is complex. Great looking retro design that is not as common as camaro or mustang."

A THRILL TO DRIVE!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Very fast, handles well. Thrill to drive w/HEMI"

Cons: "Skip shift feature...nuisance."

"I bought this car because I wanted a classic car, but since I am a female, classic cars require reliable mechanics. I don't know any and did not necessarily want a project car. The comfort of the drivers seat was important to me as well, because I have had 2 back surgeries. The 2013 Challenger met my needs. I have the R/T, 5.7 Hemi, 6 spd manual. This car is amazing to drive. There is nothing like the thrill of feeling all that power under your feet. The car performs well and is very fast! There is only one disappointing feature; the car automatically takes you from first gear to 4th when traveling at the exact speed - its suppose to save you mpg's but I find it annoying. IF you pause, you can continue to manually shift into 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. They do sell something called a skip shift eliminator for $30.00 - I may look into having that installed. It also downshifts from 5th to 4th when you actually want 6th gear. Again, if you pause for a few seconds, you can shift manually. This feature is not popular and a real nuisance. As you should be aware, this is NOT a winter car. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, it will slide on wet pavement (rain) - especially since it is a manual trans, so you need to take it easy. Living in Michigan - there are still plenty of dry days to enjoy this car. The overall styling of this car is really attractive. The back seat has room for adults but it really is a two person car. Mt granddaughter (4) calls it Noni's "Hot Rod" and always begs for rides in it, but honestly, it is NOT a kid car. It weighs 4200 pounds and it does perform like the 70-72 Muscle cars. I just turned 60 and this is a car that you can appreciate and enjoy driving. I resist the urge to RACE because I surely don't need any speeding tickets at my age. It is definitely a "bucket list" car."

Very well made and SEXY car for 2012

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great price, a blast to drive"

Cons: "So so gas mileage around town"

"I purchased a brand new 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T equipped with a Hemi and 6 speed transmission in April. The car is an absolute blast to drive! My lease was finished on my BMW Z4, also with a 6 speed. I wanted something sporty and bigger. My new R/T feels more solid and sportier than the Mustang, Camaro or any other car from Japan. This is a car that I can drive every day and it’s a comfortable on both long trips and around town. Styling? Home run. Build quality? Outstanding. Sexy? You bet, people always stop and say something. I’ve always wanted this car as a kid and now it’s in my driveway."

Great fun vehicle to drive. Good handleing.

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Great handling. Responsive and fun to drive."

Cons: "Sticker price."

Added some personel touches..

"Had a Dodge Charger SRT8 prior to this vehicle. The Challenger is a more responsive, better handling car. As the price of most cars, the sticker is high. With a few additions/changes you have more than enough power that makes this car fun to drive and gets the respect it deserves on the road."

Added some personel touches..

I'M IN LOVE!

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pros: "Price, performance, looks - she's got it all!"

Cons: "emblems not standard, 18 mpg avg., blind spots"

"I've always loved sporty cars, especially the old 70's barracuda. So when I saw this car, I fell in love. Mine is a black SE with Rallye package, and I added the challenger emblems on the front quarter-panels. They did a great job giving it the old time look. Even without the hemi, it has great pickup and performance. It's super comfortable, even on long trips. It does have some large blind spots, but you quickly learn to compensate for them. The trunk is huge! And people can actually sit in the back seat. Great sound system and a quiet ride. This car is not about gas mileage, it's about driving a car that makes you feel great! You'll get plenty of thumbs up from young and old as you drive on by. I've owned mine about 18 months, and no problems. It's a great car! Never selling this one!"

Fantastic Driver!

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, fantastic appearance, 5.7 liter engine"

Cons: "No automatic climate control, blind spots"

"I bought this car off the lot almost 3 years ago and have loved it ever since. I specifically bought the RT instead of SRT due to the lifetime warranty that was offered on the 09 RTs and NOT the SRT however I have yet to need anything fixed. I also added some exhaust to give it that throaty muscle car sound and stiffened suspension for better handling. I only marked down driving dynamics a little due to the fact the it is a heavy car which provides some body roll and lag off the line. The interior could be better with adding automatic climate control and reducing blind spots."

This car handles great, power, and style!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Easy to read gauges, good getup and go, looks cool"

Cons: "Backing up takes time to get use to."

This is taken in front of the summer home at Venice Beach Ca.

"I am so glad to own this car. I bought the V6 and the gas is 29. I drive it everywhere. People love it, I talk to everyone. The handling responds to the touch. The power gets up and goes. I have been offered above Kelly blue book for it. I have the Deep Marine Metal Blue and it looks great. 18" Alloy wheels. This SE will last a long time in my family."

This is taken in front of the summer home at Venice Beach Ca.

Best Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Amazing machine. 5K miles on it- absolutely no problems whatsoever. Gets 18 mph on highway at 80 mph and not at all easy on the gas. One of the most interesting things is how the car attracts a lot of people at gas stations, stoplights and parking lots. I honestly get two to as many as eight compliments a day on the car. Creature comforts, build quality, fun factor all top ratings. If that's not enough- it's gone up in value; KBB shows $2.5K increase, some dealers are moving them for as much as $8K over sticker- and they're now approaching their third model year. Absolute recommend. Amazing machine- I can't ever see selling it."

Excellent example of a Modern American musclecar *

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "More traction"

"The Challenger does anything you want it to do. Hit the track, take it to the shows or take it grocery shopping. The one problem is I love the car so much I hate to put miles on it but every time I drive her I'm smiling! That's it, I'm going for a ride."

Awesome Car

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "not much"

Christopher Wallace

"Went from a Wrangler to this i thought the jeep was fun but the jeep doesnt even compare. No matter where i go someone asks me about my car. I only got the 3.6 but going from the jeep that needed to be going down hill with a tail wind to hit 90 MPH this car has plenty of power for me(of course now i want the HEMI). Plan on keeping this car for quite a while, couldnt be happier choosing to buy this car over the camaro or mustang"

Christopher Wallace

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, so cool, fast, comfortable"

Cons: "Prices are a little higher than Mustangs/Camaros"

"I've owned 2 doz. cars; many muscle/sports cars. This is hands down the best car I've ever owned. It is a real head turner! Very comfortable and a daily driver. The perfect muscle car for a baby boomer. No problems until 50k miles; and those problems were covered under warranty. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. A great car!"

Cant beat it for the money

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "body style, comfort"

Cons: "plastic interior, no option for fog lights."

"I recently purchased a 2012 sxt model. I have put around 5k miles on it just two months and I am about to drive it from long island new york to pittsburgh. I drive 100+miles a day with this car and it is very comfortable. I too have a had a problem with a faulty parking light bulb and a faulty tire pressure sensor. Compared to other vehicles I've owned these issues are a very minor inconvenience. I rarely go a day without someone making a comment to me on how much they like the car. I added the mopar shifter which should come standard. I also added the Challenger badging on the front fenders which should also come standard. The upgraded radio is definetly worth it. I would also recommend a cold air intake for this car as it only costs around $200 and will add two to three miles per gallon and increase horsepower a bit. Just wish dodge would get their stuff together and finally offer foglights for the sxt model. As for as the V6 engine goes. It definetly has plenty of horsepower for daily drivers. I do regret not getting the Hemi. In the long run it will probably be best as the V6 is a longer lasting engine with lest cost of maintenance and at the pump."

Very nice and quick car (for the weight)

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cons: "goes through rear tires quickly !!!! not bad!"

"We bought this as a demo from a dealer 3 years ago with 4000 miles on it. Not a single problem with 38000 on the clock. Reliable and goes like crazy when you nail the right pedal. In addition the braking is just phenominal, I have had as much fun showing friends how well it stops as I have had gunning it. Great handling, fast, fun and well built car. Think I will keep it!"

Great car, be careful with post-warranty quality

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, exterior look, top end speed"

Cons: "Slightly above average acceleration, lifter issues"

"I bought this car with 37k miles on it. Beautiful red color, amazing interior design with 2-tone leather seats, room in the back for passengers. Interior buttons, dials and gauges are a bit unimpressive, more could be done here. I have the SE V-6, gas mileage is solid, gas tank is big for a coupe, 20 gallons. I have put a brand new Flowmaster Cat-Back dual-pipe exhaust kit on it to give it more flair and muscle, sounds amazing. However, the car has valve lifter issues, like many makes and models that have this SOHC V-6 engine. 3 valve lifters needed replacing right away upon purchase. Could be signs that the car was driven pretty rough before I got it, or could be coincidence. Knocking, tapping, flutter, etc. goes with cadence of the engine, so there is not a point where it is quiet. My advice is buy the car, it's amazing, but be aware that it is a sharp, fast looking car that previous owners may have driven like an idiot. Aside, from that, the handling is outstanding, the acceleration is decent and the top end speed is great. Fun car to drive. All this within a reasonable price."

Great fun & value

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"OK Folks, Here it is: the Dodge Challenger SRT8 (6 speed equipped) is a great value for the money. Before we throw rocks at its weight problem and interior’s blandness; we must 1st consider what this vehicle’s mission is. Its mission is to be a reincarnation of the original, except it must have competitive quality, great brakes and handles well. There is no question, the Challenger pass with flying colors. Its quality equals and exceeds a lot of its competitors, and for the most part it stays true to its focus. I’ve had mine for ~4 months and have been very happy. As a matter of fact, coming from a BMW, I am impressed with the quality and handling of this vehicle. Can they compare, no; they are two entirely different animals. It’s like debating over which is better, Dogs or Cats... Well it depends on whether you’re a Dog person or Cat person. Me? I’m a Dog person. One thing that amazes me, I can’t go anywhere without people wanting to talk about the car. This is not the reason I wanted the car, but it sure adds to the enjoyment. The emotion that this vehicle evokes in people is nothing short of thrilling; as a matter of fact, being in my mid 30s I feel like I‘m 16 years old again every time I even think about driving it. Any car that exudes that much emotion from both the public as well as myself is an incredible accomplishment. So to answer your question, the quality is great, driving experience is amazing and the fact that it’s about as American as apple pie makes it a guilt free dessert. I know, it’s made in Canada; but the history, looks and sound (did I mention the sound!!??) are totally Muscle Car Americana!! So Cheers, Chrysler did this right. I congratulate them on a one of a kind experience; one that has not left me at all remorseful for spending MSRP, no discounts at the time I purchased. And that’s coming from someone that grew up on Hondas and drives BMW’s regularly. Besides, I feel that this vehicles value is going up quicker than my 401K and if it doesn’t then at least I can take it up the street for some free waves and friendly smiles."

The Fountain of Youth

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"Driving in a muscle car is about as close to riding a Harley as you can get. My R/T is no Fru-Fru sports car.......and you know it from the second you sit in the drivers seat. This car has been a long time in coming and you will not be disappointed. Things that really stand out: Seats, Tech, Style and Speed. Things that need some work: quick release for the drivers seat, a few more color choices/combo's on the inside and T-Tops. The Challenger has way more room than the Mustang or any of its competitors and unlike a lot of other dealerships (Ford/Chevy & Dodge).....my dealer did NOT mark this up with "Extra" charges!! Good for them and good for me!! I must state for the record that I have not had any issues with this car and only gave them "4's" based on precieved quality of the brand........and nobody is perfect!!!"

Very well equipped, fun to drive.

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "roomy, fun to drive, power, well equiped"

"Though the SE is the base model, to me, it's very well equipped. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room. Power from the 3.6 L engine is pretty good. The ride is excellent and quiet. The car looks great and get more compliments than any other car I've owned. The keyless entry/start system is great."

Challenger SXT has it all.

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable and fun to drive"

Cons: "Windows froze in the winter"

"After owning the following: Vw Passat, 3000GT, Eclipes, A4 turbo, A6 twin turbo and Maxima se 265 Hp and now the Challenger I can say the american car is the best. I like how it drives, no tork steer, smooth power good cornering. I had the car for a year and I have never had a problem. The car is very comfortable for long drives, drove it to Nj about 450 miles on one tank of gas. At 70 to 72 mph I averaged 28.5 on the highway. I compared Mustang and Comaro, both I sat too low and the gauges are an embarrassment to Ford and Gm. In the winter I put on 4 studded snow tires and i'm getting around just fine. The bad: Their are some blind spots and backing take some getting use to. Over the winter the windows froze so they wouldn't move. When the windows are stuck you can't open or close the doors. I forced the doors opened and warmed up the car and the window released. This problem happened twice. Pardon the spelling and grammar!"