2012 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

love it

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs space, comfort, versatility and like a vehicle that looks great. I love my Caliber. I bought it in a blizzard so I got to test the quality of the AWD system. I was impressed as soon as I got behind the wheel. I no longer "white-knuckle" on my hour drive to and from work everyday. No matter what the weather, I feel safe. That is what is most important to me, not to meant you can't beat the price."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive and handling is great!"

Cons: "ability to unlock doors from passenger side."

"Love this car, it has served me very well, no mechanical problems since I've owned it. Handles very well on wet pavements. Cost effective too."

Have loved this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "comfort,reiabikity, looks, economy"

"Have thourougl enjoyed this car since ipurchased new in 2009. Love design, interior setup, comfort, fuel economy,satellite radio,waranty, reiability, power for being 4- cyl with 5 speed manual with overdrive. Got upgraded wheels, spoiler, tint and cargo cover. Have moved so much, love roominess, sturdiness,ease of driving, controls,satellite radio, uts easy for all people to get in and out. Really sad 2012 is last year. Other awesomething like dual glove boxes, chilled shwlf for drinks, lightedcup holders,auxiliaryinput, holders, cargolight that is also flashlight. Love it. Even fabric interior has remained awesome. Lovereclining back seat and fold flat storage. All with 30-35mpg and more room than smaller compacts."

Lemon!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Can't think of any"

Cons: "Constant repair costs"

"I own a 2008 Dodge Caliber and I am driving a mini van. I have owned this car 4 years and have put over $3,000 in repairs. To date I have replaced the entire rear suspension, front wheel baring, both front ti rods, the entire brake system (master cylinder , rotors ,calibers brake lines ect), it is currently unable to be driven due to needing more repairs. The transmission needs repaired probably replaced it won't shift into any gear higher than 3rd and shifts hard the gears it does go into, the two front controller arms need replaced,the front left abs sensor needs replaced and the door hinges open and close hard also the hinges on the back hatch no longer hold it up. There is 112,000 miles which is high but not high enough for that many issues. I am also 44 year old careful driver. I am still paying for a car that doesn't run. I spoke with a dealer and he told me that Dodge stopped production on this car cause of all the issues. I wish I had never bought this car!"

Enjoying the ride

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Great car. My first post-college/"real world" vehicle purchase, and it was a good one. I got the '07 RT version w/ the chrome trim and color inlays on the interior (looks great in orange). The features on this car are very impressive...storage features, sound system, etc. The only complaint is the value dropping so rapidly. After only 9 months, I've easily lost nearly $10,000 in value. Granted, I love this car...I just wish I'd either paid less or it was still worth more."

Good Daily Driver!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "takes turns well, easy on gas"

Cons: "small gas tank, loud interiour sound"

"I drive this car every day, all day, and for many miles. This car caught my eye because of its sharp look, and because I came from a minivan that sucked gas, its fuel economy. Many may say there are blind spots galore, but I find that to be subjective. I do not suffer that issue. I do not have many blind spots in this car. I am also very short but do not sit right on the wheel. This may give me less blind spots. I have the CVT transmission, and it took a little adjusting to get used to. I enjoy this feature for its smooth ride. There is an added perk, it is non-serviceable. I took it for a transmission flush, and the service tech told me that the only time they touch the transmission is if they are replacing it. They do not even touch the fluids. It is a durable vehicle. I put on a lot of miles on this vehicle in a short amount of time. The sound system is amazing. I have to say, however, that it sounds like a tin can going down the road. If high quality is what someone is looking for, this is probably not it. But if someone is looking for a good, everyday driver that is good on gas, good on price, and easy on the eyes, I say consider the Dodge Caliber. There is a lot of car here."

A great car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Great price and MPGs. Low maintenance."

Cons: "Fairly cheap interior. Too soft seats."

"I have owned a Jeep Patriot for over two years and really like the car. When I was looking for a reliable second car, I initially thought about buying used. A local Dodge dealer had a "one day only" sale on a base Caliber Express. The price was $12k! If you have looked at the price of used cars lately, you know that $12k does not buy very much. Especially a car with power mirrors, windows and door locks and cruise control. From my experience with the Jeep, I knew that I would enjoy driving the Caliber just fine (as they share the same platform/engines/transmissions/suspensions, etc.). The Caliber drives even better than the Jeep. It does have the same too soft seats. I wish that they were firmer and had more support. But the seat material is improved from my Jeep. Is this car a Porsche? No, not by a long shot. Are there better cars out there? Yes, but nothing can touch this car for the money that I paid. The Caliber is a nice solid car with a decent ride, good reliability, great fuel economy and low maintenance. Nothing fancy. It just gets the job done reliabily and with a low cost."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"This is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned. Since I bought it, back when they first released it, I have had the "variable" transmission go out 3 times among many other problems. No wonder they offered a lifetime power train warranty, they knew this car had major issues from the start. What's worse is they are getting rid of the lifetime power train on new models. Beware of this car."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "extremely comfortable ride, fun to drive, reliable"

"I just bought this car a week or so ago and it is very easy to drive and extremely comfortable on long drives. It's interior design is clean and stylish. I feel safe driving with my kids in it, also. It's an overall great vehicle. I'm really enjoying owning this vehicle!"

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."

Very comfortable, particularly for long hauls.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Purchased this vehicle (with approx. 40,000 miles on it) primarily because my wife (has back and hip problems) really liked the seats. CVT took a little getting used to, however I learned from the internet how to reset the throttle response and when this was done I began to realize that although it may seem a little slugish in response (because there is no perceived downshift) I found that the vehicle, because of the smoothness, is really going much faster than you would think. After driving this vehicle about 6000 miles and getting used to the CVT, it has become a very enjoyable experience."

Great car...

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"This is a great car for any commuter or student. It is extremely reliable, as I have not had a single problem with my car in 4 years. I strongly recommend this car if it's size is okay with you. It takes some adjusting to since you can't see the hood of the car when you're driving! Dodge has given us a small car that makes the gas prices more tolerable yet they have maxed out the available space! I love that every seat folds down...so does my dog! Love it..."

An excellent commuter car.

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun, sporty car to drive."

Cons: "Blind spot on driver's rear side."

"I bought my Caliber in 2007, love commuting daily with it. I like how roomy, and comfortable it is inside ( I can fit 2 adults, 3 children, and my dog comfortably), the cooling beverage compartment is convenient on long trips. Also it is nice that the driver's seat adjusts up or down for those of us that are short in stature. I do however agree that there is a blind spot that you have to be extra aware of on the driver's side. Up to this point I have only had to put my car in the shop once when the gearshift got stuck in park and had to be replaced, other than that it has only had routine maintenance and I would recommend the Caliber to someone looking for a spacious, affordable, and good-looking vehicle."

My First Car

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"I've admired the Dodge Caliber for several years and finally afforded my own. I was looking for a fuel efficient, spacious travel vehicle. I got what I wanted in the Caliber. However, I'm now looking toward the future and realizing that it won't be spacious enough to travel well with two children. The cargo space is generous when you have the option to fold the rear seats. Managing strollers and equipment to go tent camping will be more than a challenge when that is no longer an option. For the single individual or new couple this is still a car I would recommend."

Really an awesome deal...

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pros: "Awesome price, Cool fun Features, Killer Stock Sound System"

Cons: "Under the hood is hard to mess with"

"I have been driving my 2008 Caliber for about 75 miles a day every day for a while and the thing I love most about my A-B vehicle in the morning is the fact that I feel cocooned from the rest of the world. With one of the best factory sound systems I have ever heard and the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in I would definitely recommend this ride as the perfect all around vehicle. Sporty meets classy meets practical, a great combo all around. It's hard to take someone's opinion if you don't know where their experience stands so let me tell you I have driven everything from a 2005 Ford Ranger to a 2009 Honda Civic Si and this 2008 Dodge Caliber is the best vehicle I have ever owned."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"The only problem I found was the road noise."

Great vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Have had this vehicle for nearly 4 years. Handles great, good gas mileage. No major problems to speak of. Heater works efficiently and quickly in the winter and A/C works great in summer. Great vehicle for the $$!"

Best Kept secret around!

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I love my SXT! It's got every bit of the comfort and pick up and go that my Taurus had with it's 6 cylinders. They sure don't make 4 cylinder like they used to! This car has attitude. It's easy to clean and has many little features that tell you this one was pretty well thought out. I like the lighted cup holders and the 'frig' glove box. Nice on a hot day. Lots of leg room and head room. The high profile doors make you feel snug and protected. The sporty dash illuminates like an old Sylvania TV-very soft on the eyes at night. I was looking at Vibes and Vues and was not sold at first, but now I am glad I decided on this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Love this vehicle. Very comfortable. Live in mountain area & it has plenty of power. Great gas mileage. Traded in Jeep Liberty for this & am very pleased. Doubled the gas mileage. Only one complaint & that is the seat doesn't adjust up & down."

Great little car

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"This car has been reliable and fun to drive. I've never had a problem with it. It's easy to get around in small spots and parking is never a problem. I highly recommend this car. A great value."

Love mine!

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"I've had my Caliber SXT for just over two years and have been very happy with it. The gas mileage during summer months when I have to use the A/C is only about 22mpg, but the rest of the year it's much higher and I've gotten up to 32mpg on road trips. I had a Honda Civic prior to this and much to my surprise, the gas mileage isn't really any different. This is very roomy and has some great little features you don't find with other vehicles."

Stick Shifty

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"Bought this car just nine months ago, after deliberating weeks. I have had exclusively Hondas since 1978 and wanted to test the American market. Foolish move. My '95 Honda Civic had 245,000 miles on original clutch. This Caliber lost third gear in under 13,000 miles! The fit and finish is cheap and the front and rear light housings leak, causing annoying condensation. And I find the rear wheel wells rob the cargo area of a lot of space. Plusses are the little storage areas all over the place and the seat height."

Nice Vehicle for Price

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I purchased my Caliber shortly after they came out and I have been pleased overall. Dodge could have done without the false first gear so that the CVT could show what it really can do, but that is only a minor complaint. The Caliber has great initial speed and power for a 4 cylinder and, although I have a bit of a lead foot off of the line, I am still able to get about 22-23mpg city/hwy (mostly city). Could do with a little more leg room, but storage is great and performance has been exceptional. Ideal for single child families or families with 2 older children. Three can fit, but not overly comfortably, in the back."

My "Soulcar"

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Like my soulmate now I have found my soulcar. I absolutely love this car. I always have compliments on it. And I got it for a really good price. The gas mileage is awesome. The best I have ever had. When I first saw it on the lot , I knew it was the one for me & when I sat inside that was all she wrote. I was in love. For the first time I just felt so comfortable, like this was the one for me. It fit. I would DEFINATELY recommend this car. By the way the Boston stereo in it is like being in a club its the best stereo I have ever heard in a car. Gotta getcha a Caliber!!!!!!!!!"

Good Vehicle - lots of room - no complaints

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I have had my Caliber for 2 years now and have 41,000 miles on the odometer. So far the car has been fantastic. I own the 1.8L model with the 5 speed manual. Average mileage is 32.5 (calculated at each fill up for combined city and highway). The rear seat has a surprising amount of room and my kids (one booster seat and one child seat) have plenty of room. My 100+ pound dog even has plenty of room in the hatch area. With the rear seat folded down there is a lot of room to haul cargo. Up front there is a lot of head room for tall drivers / passengers and plenty of leg room as well. My only complaint is I would like a little more power. It's hard to fault a car for performance when I bought it for fuel economy, but a little more zip would be great. I don't think you'll be disapointed with this vehicle as long as you keep your expectations realistic. If you're expecting 40 MPG or a 6 second 0-60 time, it isn't going to happen (however the SRT version can accomidate you on the later one)."