2012 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 744 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Lemon!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Can't think of any"

Cons: "Constant repair costs"

"I own a 2008 Dodge Caliber and I am driving a mini van. I have owned this car 4 years and have put over $3,000 in repairs. To date I have replaced the entire rear suspension, front wheel baring, both front ti rods, the entire brake system (master cylinder , rotors ,calibers brake lines ect), it is currently unable to be driven due to needing more repairs. The transmission needs repaired probably replaced it won't shift into any gear higher than 3rd and shifts hard the gears it does go into, the two front controller arms need replaced,the front left abs sensor needs replaced and the door hinges open and close hard also the hinges on the back hatch no longer hold it up. There is 112,000 miles which is high but not high enough for that many issues. I am also 44 year old careful driver. I am still paying for a car that doesn't run. I spoke with a dealer and he told me that Dodge stopped production on this car cause of all the issues. I wish I had never bought this car!"

A great car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Great price and MPGs. Low maintenance."

Cons: "Fairly cheap interior. Too soft seats."

"I have owned a Jeep Patriot for over two years and really like the car. When I was looking for a reliable second car, I initially thought about buying used. A local Dodge dealer had a "one day only" sale on a base Caliber Express. The price was $12k! If you have looked at the price of used cars lately, you know that $12k does not buy very much. Especially a car with power mirrors, windows and door locks and cruise control. From my experience with the Jeep, I knew that I would enjoy driving the Caliber just fine (as they share the same platform/engines/transmissions/suspensions, etc.). The Caliber drives even better than the Jeep. It does have the same too soft seats. I wish that they were firmer and had more support. But the seat material is improved from my Jeep. Is this car a Porsche? No, not by a long shot. Are there better cars out there? Yes, but nothing can touch this car for the money that I paid. The Caliber is a nice solid car with a decent ride, good reliability, great fuel economy and low maintenance. Nothing fancy. It just gets the job done reliabily and with a low cost."

Enjoying the ride

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Great car. My first post-college/"real world" vehicle purchase, and it was a good one. I got the '07 RT version w/ the chrome trim and color inlays on the interior (looks great in orange). The features on this car are very impressive...storage features, sound system, etc. The only complaint is the value dropping so rapidly. After only 9 months, I've easily lost nearly $10,000 in value. Granted, I love this car...I just wish I'd either paid less or it was still worth more."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "extremely comfortable ride, fun to drive, reliable"

"I just bought this car a week or so ago and it is very easy to drive and extremely comfortable on long drives. It's interior design is clean and stylish. I feel safe driving with my kids in it, also. It's an overall great vehicle. I'm really enjoying owning this vehicle!"

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."