2008 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

gotta luv it

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"have owned my caliber 14mo's, i just love this car, my MPG is as advert, room for cargo, and good looks too. didnt expect a sports car so Hp is fine by me, will admit plastic interior is .... well plastic, but for 16K wasnt getting leather was i ??"

I love this car

By on Monday, September 15, 2008

"Great car. Great price. Reliable and fun to drive. Looks good. Excellent safety ratings. I highly recommend this vehicle."

First Ever New Car

By on Saturday, September 6, 2008

"The car is sweet to look at and fun to drive. But my SXT has the sports package and upgraded sound and wheels. Road noise is not a problem when drowned out by the excellent Boston system! The car handles well and the CVT actually does what it is supposed to do. The only complaint I have is that the battery keeps going dead, and there doesn't seem to be a reason for it....any clues? There is plenty of room and comfort, but not much power. Still, gas mileage is great...ave. 28.2!"

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"I own a 2007 Caliber SXT. It's got plenty of headroom, feels comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage (25mpg at the worst in the hills of San Francisco, and up to 30mpg on the highway going about 75mph, so overall not bad). I have the automatic CVT transmission, and it's pretty cool. My girlfriend finds it odd that there's no pause between shifting-she feels like it doesn't drive like a real car because of this, but I think it's great and makes driving it very pleasant. The car is not a high performer, but it has plenty of pickup, and when I want to accelerate I'm never dissappointed. Even going up hills with the car loaded It always gives me more Ooomph when I want it. I bought this car for the gas-mileage/cargo space combo, and it's got plenty of room in the back with the seats down. I am a whitewater rafter, and I can fit a rolled boat, paddles, jackets, and all the necessities in my car, as well as 3 people total. All together that's pretty darned good. My mountain bike however doesn't like to go in the back without a fight, so I've got to take the front wheel off, which is a little annoying. I wish there was room just to throw it in the back without that extra step. What would make this car PERFECT to me would be a little better gas mileage, and AWD. But in the meantime I'm overall very happy with my Calibur. PS (I don't use the air-conditioned glove box to cool drinks, but it is huge and very nice (I can fit textbooks in there). Peace"

Great Car for the Price

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"This is an enjoyable car. Not expensive, has good gas mileage compared to cars in its class. Not quite as much get up and go as i wanted but i'm expecting a lot out of a small engine. I am happy with the way it performs. Good storage room for things like camping and what not. Comfortable, its not a luxury car but i been in it for 8 hour trips, no complaints. And yes there is a decent amount or road noise, but this should be expected with most cars of this value. I kind of like it, that is just me though. Jokingly: the thing has enough air bags. One would wonder if you would get squished if they went off."

Downsizing from a Crossover

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"As a family of tall people, we had a very limited pool of mileage friendly compact cars to choose from. We narrowed our search to a Dodge Caliber and Nissan Versa. The Versa gets a little better mileage but had poor transmission, and engine noise reviews, and it didn't have a lifetime powertrain warranty! While the Caliber does not have the pick-up of our former 3.5 litre, we bought it for mileage, not to race it in a drfit competition. Love the CVT2 trans, ground clearance, and ease of getting in and out. And regarding gas mileage, I immediately installed a K&N air filter after purchase. The first highway trip showed a dashcomputed mileage of 30.1, based on my calculations it was 28.5...better than the 27 highway mpg on the window sticker. In town, I'm getting 24.5. Rated at 23. I suspect it will improve even more after breaking in. No complaints but I do miss the automatic seat position and mirror set-up for multiple drivers from the car I traded in. Also, for a car company heavy on cool accessories, where's the accessory plug in for my I-Pod on the upgraded sound system? It's only offered on the base stereo!"

Dodge's best kept secret.

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"The SXT Sport is a great little car! "My little truck" blends the best of a sporty sedan and a small truck. Amazing what you can fit inside when rear seats are down. No one believes it's only a 4-cylinder (vs. 6 cylinder). Good pick up. Great gas mileage - round trip to the South Shore on 1/2 tank of gas. Bonus: Glove box "chill zone" keeps beverages cold on long trips. Maneuvers easily into tight spots. Not recommend for passengers over 6'. tall."

This is a good choice for fuel economy

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"My hubby surprised me for Xmas by replacing my 2000 Dodge Durango SLT with a Caliber SXT. This car gets incredible fuel economy. I have been averaging 30-32 mpg daily. I commute 100 miles daily. My only complaint, it's a small engine, so its real weak and slow uphill, compared to my ol Durango's big V8 engine. I am a tall woman, 5'11" tall, and I am pretty comfortable driving the Caliber. Its very sporty, the base sound system is no jewel, better to invest in the Infinity Premium system. The CHillzone does NOT really cool drinks ICE COLD, it uses the air conditioner, so... The Air conditioner, heater both work great! The heated seats are awesome! All in all, I like it for trips, but miss my Durango whenever climbing hills... This car is GOOD for the money."

Not what I expected

By on Friday, March 14, 2008

"When we test drove the Caliber, we should have taken it on a rough road. The ride is fine on smooth pavement but very poor on rough pavement. The interior is somewhat crowed and the plastic interior is cheaply contructed. We have also not yet found the third seat belt in the back. For the top of the line model that we bought and paid top of the line price for, we didn't get our money's worth!!!!"

2007

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"Styling is Good, But the Gas mileage does not come close to the stated mileage on the sticker, If you are going for gas mileage this is not the car for you"

great car

By on Friday, December 7, 2007

"I purchased this car after owning a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix. The gas mileage is awesome (28-34mpg). The styling is cool. I have never owned a Dodge before and usually had GM Products. I will stick with Dodge."

now you got it

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"just cant get over the great styling and vesitility of this great little car"

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"You can't beat this car for the price. I love all the neat little features in it (the cooler actually works pretty well as long as you have the a/c going )and it gets good gas mileage (I get anywhere from 25-28 highway). Just got back from driving to San Antonio and it handled the long trip great and was comfortable. Just have to remember this is not a luxury car and is made to ride/style like an SUV but perform like a car so it can be a little noisey and bumpy. But terrific for first purchased vehicle and I love the folding seats for taking my dog with me on long trips. But if you are picky about name brands and you want to pay a little more, get the Jeep Compass. Same car just sits a little higher and has some more head room."

Great car

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I've owned this vehicle for 16 months and have driven it over 25,000 miles. I have been all over the country, including 2 trips to Colorado. In my opinion it performed well at high altitiudes and while it could use a bit more power it never faltered. Normal driving I have averaged about 31 mpg, with the lowest being 27 in town. Comfort wise it's fine, I'm 6'4" and weigh 250 lbs. and have no problems. If I had to complain about something it would be road noise. It seems a bit loud but nothing one can't adjust to. I would buy another one tomorrow if the need arose."

Everything I Wanted and More

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Traded in 2002 Dodge Durango looking for better gas mileage. Kept going back to the Caliber. Wanted a car but liked the SUV feel. Completely satisfied! My gas mileage has almost tripled! My car insurance went down! The car is solidly built. I love the road performance and driver-friendly environment. My husband is 6'2" and was worried he would be "cramped." Upon his first ride he was sold! Even with the moonroof, he still has several inches of head room and substantial leg room in the back seat. My kids think the Chill Zone is "sweet." The size of the cargo area was pleasantly surprising. Of all the vehicles I have owned, the is the first time I feel I have completely got my money's worth! It doesn't hurt that everywhere I go people comment on my Caliber and ask questions about it! I would recommend it to anyone!"

Good Economy Car

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"I love my Caliber. I drive 50 miles daily to work and traded in my Ford Ranger for it (which I loved!!). It is great in the rain, good in dry weather, a little iffy in wind, but all in all, a good versatile car. Have taken several 500+ mile trips in it and it was great, got 30 mpg open road, with avg mpg of 23 in town. For a smallish car, I love it"

Most Dependable Vehicle Ever! Great Value!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, Reliability, Value"

Cons: "Compact....may feel cramped if you are over 220 lb"

"This car has been nothing but reliable since day one! It starts every time and runs great at 80,000 miles. I've done a minimal amount of maintenance to it and it continues to purr like a kitten. The SXT 2.0 liter engine has plenty of acceleration when I need it and still gets 25mpg. This car has plenty of room inside for people or gear. I was skeptical about buying a Dodge, but am sold now. Overall, it's a great value for the dollar compared to other vehicles in its class."

good car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"love this car"

Love the Speed & Reaction but not for commuting

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, lots of space"

Cons: "not a commuter car at ALL"

Alki Beach!

"Well, I traded my 2007 Chevy Cobalt in for this car, initially went in to look at the Z's but ended up walking away with this because it still met everything I wanted for a great price but when it came to gas......I regret getting this car :( What I love about this car: 0-60 in 10 secs, the look, turbo, rims, GREAT sound system, so comfy, HUGE back that folds down (slept in this thing for 4 nights while on a road trip to Cali), when you want to go fast...you go fast in seconds! We went from 65 to 97 in 3 or 4 seconds I LOVE this car BUT i also have an hour and a half commute one way (only 30 miles one way) but still, sitting in stop and go traffic is not what this car is made for. If you live somewhere you can go fast or want a toy to take out on the town then this is your car but for commuting....NO WAY. I spend roughly 80-100 a week in gas :( But it has a plug in for auxiliary, the rear view mirror dims at night so it's not blinding you it like, goes greenish so helps your eyes. It's a manual which I do enjoy, but again in stop n go traffic every day it just is not pleasant, my knee is always killing me from shifting. Really, there's nothing bad at all about this car, I've had no mechanical issues with it at all, just keep up with everything and you're GOLDEN!"

Alki Beach!

Entire Tranny Overhaul @ 35k

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "nice design"

Cons: "not reliable"

"Manual Transmission completely rebuilt at 35k. Like this car, like hatchback design and interior is nice, but not exactly confident that it will last or be reliable when tranny replaced at 35k! :("

reliable car for city and highway

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

"Dodge Caliber, efficient, safe,for small family, individual, great for small utility and safe handling and good all around value. Great car for the grad or small family to get around city and trips with camping or picnic gear"

Love my caliber!!!!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "reasonable price, bells and whistles and comfort"

"I love my caliber! It is comfortable, reasonable on fuel, and I love the remote key start. Another plus is the heated seats and satelite radio. I am very pleased with my purchase."

Great Car w/ glove box refrigerator

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, ice cold ac, refrigerator"

Cons: "none and ive hand the car 2 years"

"I bought my 2010 caliber in the beginning of 2012. I love this car. Rides smooth and get great gas millage. 20 bucks will last me all week and with a 26 mile round trip for work. Once I started reading threw the manual I learned that glove box had a switch that flips and bam. U virtually have a refrigerator in your car. Once the switch is flipped the ac blows into the top part of the glove box where there are slots for your bottles or cans. The ice cold ac, the household plug in the center consul, and the back dome light that pops out and turns into a flash light all come in handy along with the back seats the recline and fold down behind the front seats for cargo storage. Love the car. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something suv like with out the gas bill and added digits to the price tag"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Nice size for travel or groceries; great hatchback"

Cons: "Rear door locks stay locked after parking."

"This car was bought for my then 17 year old son in high school. He drove it for two years and now I have it. It has never given us a minute's trouble mechanically, and with regular maintenance has given a firm 28 mpg in town and on highway. The car is FUN to drive, especially in town. Being a small car, it maneuvers easily through traffic and parking is a breeze. There is plenty of room for most anything I want to carry and I love the hatchback design. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Decent Car for the Money

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"I bought my Caliber with 30,000 miles on it and I am now at 130,000. I paid $13,000 for it. I am one of those people that somehow kills every car that I get. And I have to say, aside from some basic maintenence and repairs that are to be expected from driving it so much, it has been a great car. It has a ton of space, cleans easily, and is decent on gas. The interior is all plastic however, it is a low priced car. It is to be expected. But, the plastic has not cracked or chipped and everything functional. Very happy with the investment. The only sad thing is the Kelly Blue Book value is very low."