2007 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Great little car

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"This car has been reliable and fun to drive. I've never had a problem with it. It's easy to get around in small spots and parking is never a problem. I highly recommend this car. A great value."

Love mine!

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"I've had my Caliber SXT for just over two years and have been very happy with it. The gas mileage during summer months when I have to use the A/C is only about 22mpg, but the rest of the year it's much higher and I've gotten up to 32mpg on road trips. I had a Honda Civic prior to this and much to my surprise, the gas mileage isn't really any different. This is very roomy and has some great little features you don't find with other vehicles."

Stick Shifty

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"Bought this car just nine months ago, after deliberating weeks. I have had exclusively Hondas since 1978 and wanted to test the American market. Foolish move. My '95 Honda Civic had 245,000 miles on original clutch. This Caliber lost third gear in under 13,000 miles! The fit and finish is cheap and the front and rear light housings leak, causing annoying condensation. And I find the rear wheel wells rob the cargo area of a lot of space. Plusses are the little storage areas all over the place and the seat height."

Nice Vehicle for Price

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I purchased my Caliber shortly after they came out and I have been pleased overall. Dodge could have done without the false first gear so that the CVT could show what it really can do, but that is only a minor complaint. The Caliber has great initial speed and power for a 4 cylinder and, although I have a bit of a lead foot off of the line, I am still able to get about 22-23mpg city/hwy (mostly city). Could do with a little more leg room, but storage is great and performance has been exceptional. Ideal for single child families or families with 2 older children. Three can fit, but not overly comfortably, in the back."

My "Soulcar"

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Like my soulmate now I have found my soulcar. I absolutely love this car. I always have compliments on it. And I got it for a really good price. The gas mileage is awesome. The best I have ever had. When I first saw it on the lot , I knew it was the one for me & when I sat inside that was all she wrote. I was in love. For the first time I just felt so comfortable, like this was the one for me. It fit. I would DEFINATELY recommend this car. By the way the Boston stereo in it is like being in a club its the best stereo I have ever heard in a car. Gotta getcha a Caliber!!!!!!!!!"

Good Vehicle - lots of room - no complaints

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I have had my Caliber for 2 years now and have 41,000 miles on the odometer. So far the car has been fantastic. I own the 1.8L model with the 5 speed manual. Average mileage is 32.5 (calculated at each fill up for combined city and highway). The rear seat has a surprising amount of room and my kids (one booster seat and one child seat) have plenty of room. My 100+ pound dog even has plenty of room in the hatch area. With the rear seat folded down there is a lot of room to haul cargo. Up front there is a lot of head room for tall drivers / passengers and plenty of leg room as well. My only complaint is I would like a little more power. It's hard to fault a car for performance when I bought it for fuel economy, but a little more zip would be great. I don't think you'll be disapointed with this vehicle as long as you keep your expectations realistic. If you're expecting 40 MPG or a 6 second 0-60 time, it isn't going to happen (however the SRT version can accomidate you on the later one)."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"This car is not only stylish but it also has power and great gas mileage! This car turns heads! Great deal especially with the Lifetime Warranty!"

not my favorite

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I like this little car because it's cute and I actually get the gas mileage (30/hwy), and I commute a long way to work. BUT there isn't the room we need now that we have 2 kids. The textured plastic is IMPOSSIBLE to get clean. The resale value makes it impossible to get rid of now. There have been several issues - the lingering problem being that the engine surges up and down when the inside air is on (heat or a/c). The mechanic couldn't even figure out how to replicate this - I had to tell him. Then they say it's normal. It's been a fight no matter what with the mechanic. Also the engine light came on because the oil was low. We do all of our oil changes within a reasonable time, just barely 40k miles on it, so we're not sure how the oil could be getting low. I'm not impressed with how we've been treated when we take it in. This would be an ok car for a beginning driver because it is safe, but not for a family. I want my Tahoe back!"

Great bang 4 the buck!

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"Purchased the '07 R/T FWD in July of '07. Very pleased with the pick-up of the 2.4L engine with the variable trans. The CD/MP3 6-disc changer w/Nav. and Boston Acoustics components (9 spkrs incl. 8" Sub) is one of the BEST sound systems I have ever heard-clean, crisp, and POWERFUL (458 watts)! The Nav is very accurate and EASY to use. The bluetooth phone system is COOL, too! Traded in my FX35 'cause gas was KILLING MY POCKET. My Caliber gets 27-29mpg on my trips to/from NYC with 87-octane gas-EXCELLENT! My only complaint is the abundance of plastic in the interior which gives a neat but somewhat cheap appearance. Other than that, it's a COOL CAR!!!"

WOW What a great car!

By on Sunday, December 2, 2007

"My wife and I have been looking at a ton of crossover vehicles and we picked this one. I am extralmly happy with the complete purchase. It drives great and we have gotten up to the 36 MPG! Take that Honda and Toyota."