2011 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

This is my second one!

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "heated seats, 6 speakers, sporty"

Cons: "None."

"I had a used 2008 with 11k miles. Had it for two years, it was just great in every way! Replaced it with a new 2010 Express model! Even better, everything was upgraded on the inside. I'm soon to get a new 2012 model.."

This vehicle looks great and handles well.

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"I have owned a 2010 Avenger R/T 3.5 liter V6 with 6 speed transmition for 6 months and I love it. Love the heated seats, moonroof, navigation, and uconnect telephone!"

Looks like a little Charger,

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "looks perfermance"

Cons: "should get better then the 30 MPG highyway"

"This is a daily driver and I have also raced it at Mopar At The Strip in Las Vegas 2 years in a row. runner up and fastest ET in the sport compact class, this is a non melested car. it is still the way I get her off the show room floor. New. Now the new 3.6 motor wow.. but my 2008 is staying with me for life.. she has a bumper to bumper life time warranty too... :)"

Great and economical.

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Nice lines, great options."

Cons: "Would like more add-ons."

Out for an evening drive.

"So this is the second Avenger we have owned, the first being a 2009 SXT. I was happy with the 2.7L V6 in that car, and it gave good value. When the new Avenger came out, I was impressed with the modifications. There are some items I would have liked, power passenger seats, rear AC, but again, fully loaded, the 2011 Avenger was less than $27k. The biggest selling point was the larger and more powerful 3.6L engine. Much more power and responsive. The 6 speed transmission can cause some rough shifting but you get used to that. When you push down for power from a stand still and the streering pulls to the right, but that's due to it being front wheel drive. Not bad, just something to be prepared for. All in all really enjoy the car, like the ride, much quiter and again, an overall great value. Compared to the Ford Fusion, which fully loaded is nearly $10k more, we were happy with this purchase. On top of the enginer, we have found that the Nav and other bells and whistles are also nice and make an even more pleasurable vehicle to own. This isn't the right car for everyone. It's a smaller, sporty sedan that gets 25MPG with a 280hp engine, it's great around town and makes for a particle family car. I can see that many will opt of the Honda or Toyota, but this is more fun to drive."

Out for an evening drive.

best vehicle for the money

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "best value"

Cons: "can't find anything"

"bought the car with 19,000 miles"

This car rocks!!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "luxurious definitely upscale for an affordable car"

Cons: "motor for the fluid quit spraying"

"This is the best buy I have made on a vehicle. I bought this for 10k and 2 years later it is still worth 8.5k. The drive is smooth and comfortable. My kids fit perfectly. The interior is luxurious definitely upscale for an affordable car. No engine problems, the only problem I have had with this are the windshield wiper fluid stopped working. Well the motor for the fluid quit spraying. I need to replace the motor I believe but I could be wrong... I love LOVE LOVE this car."

LOVE LOVE LOVE My Avenger!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, reliable."

Cons: "Water drips into trunk when opened if wet."

"I love this car! I have the Mango Tango orange R/T, and it has it ALL! I have never had any problems with it- just regular maintenance keeps this car running great. It's super stylish, a car that people turn their heads to get a better look as you drive by. It's comfortable and fun to drive, and the console/control layout is nice. I definitely recommend this car!"

One of the nicest Cars I have owned, but

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Value, comfort, great mpg"

Cons: "trunk lid poorly designed"

"I paid $15,300 new for this car. Great deal in Juneau, Alaska. It was a "cash for clunker". Drives great, Handling in the rainy, snowy north, does pretty well. Balanced enough to keep it stable on the icy roads. Excellent mpg for this size vehicle, Summer 25 mpg, winter 23 mpg. Red color is beautiful. Only two downsides, redesign trunk lid so rain doesn't pore in the trunk when opened, and larger mudflaps on the front wheels to protect the rocker panels."

Awesome Car i just wish it was a little more power

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Awesome Car i just wish it was a little more powerful but other than that i love the car!"

Sporty without costing a fortune in gas!

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Sporty looking. Not a gas hog!"

Cons: "NONE!"

Sporty Spice

"I love this car! My first brand new car and I couldn't be happier with it! Just the right amount of sporty get up and go without costing a ton of money for gas. Better gas mileage is more important to me than a huge motor that only gets 15mpg. Perfect car for the mom that wanted to retire the grocery getter after the kids went off to college, who wanted somthing sporty but still economical! The kids love mom's new ride. A lot roomier than I expected it to be, considering it's the "mini charger". Perfect for the not so tech savy mom that owns and ipod but just knows how to push play. Visibility is more limited than my van but that is to be expected."

Sporty Spice

great car

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cons: "could have made in v-8"

"love will buy my daughter one for a first car"

4th Jeep, Dodge Chrysler Vehicle purchased

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "Great Price-very fun to drive-very stylish"

Cons: "cooler could be colder"

"I trade my vehicles in about 2-3 years! This has by far been my favorite - Very stylish! I get over 33mpg on the highway"

Looks great! Cheaply made.

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, sporty looking"

Cons: "not enough hp, cheap interior"

"I bought my 2008 in June of 07. I have had so many compliments on the car...dark grey with awesome wheels. At about 37,000 miles the a/c"

By on Monday, May 9, 2011

"I love this car, rented a car like this, then I went out and bought it>"

Good Car at a Great Price!!!

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"This is a very stylish car that attracts many people. The gas mileage is good for a 4 cylinder, but not the best since the car is pretty heavy. It could use a little more power, but what can you expect from a 4 cylinder. Overall this is a good car to own and drive and will get you from one point to another in style. This is the mini version of the Dodge Charger as far as looks go."

worst car i have ever bought!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I bought this car used 6 months ago and hate it. The car looks stylish but that's it! It's been in the garage 4 times since I've had it and nobody knows why it keeps dying on me. I've had to pay everytime to fix it and the dealerand garage tells me there's nothing they can do about. It dies everytime I stop at a light or a sign. i'm just waiting to get hit by a car and it would be my fault!!!! I do not recommend this car to anyone"

Good Quality

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I like this car. My oil tech, tire guy, and mechanic all give me high compliments on it's performance and handling. I LOVE the touch screen CD/MP3 player, the interior is clean with plenty of room. My after-market tinted windows make it look almost as stylish as a Dodge Charger. I get tons of compliments for my friends. In the winter the heats up to normal engine temperature in about 2-3 minutes (which is good in -20 weather). Had one small leak when it hit 50,000 (only $150 to fix). Have never had a problem with traction or handling on ice/wet roads. When it is cold electronic system takes a small toll windows roll up slowly and engine works overtime to drive over 40 MPH (negative weather). Seat fabric is relatively easy to clean if you have kids and are expecting stains from food/juice/greasy hands. Love the extra perks (seat-drop-down cup holder in back for passengers, drop down seats, access from trunk, good sound 2 extra compartments in center console). Although I'm not a mechanic (and a girl) I do like what I see under the hood. Plastic encasing over engine to prevent dust. Of course, since it's a 4-cylinder, you can't really blow by people you wish to pass on the highway. You have to give her a little more time to speed up and pass. Only complaints are that the passengers for the back seat sit lower than those in the front seats making it hard for passengers in the back seat to enjoy the scenery on a road trip. I would like to hear a little louder maximum sound without stressing out my speakers (keep in mind I'm younger and like rap). Metallic covers for internal door handles do start to come off after a while. When I take it to get an oil change my battery is obstructed and they can not check the terminal power. I will drive this car until it dies!!!!!! Just wish it was a bit faster!"

3 years old

By on Thursday, January 6, 2011

"roomy. nice size bigger than Camry. very noise. sounds like the front end is falling off. good gas mileage. would I buy another one NO"

Nice pick

By on Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"The style is what caught my wife's and my eye, and it has caught a few others as well. We got the 3.5L R/T model, and can not deny that it has get up and go. Its a fun ride that nets 25-36 MPG. It received 3 out of 5 for quality because we have had to take it in twice for the front brake rotors grinding and we don't even have 12000 miles on it yet. We also had a brake light that was out, so three times we have had it in for warranty work. All in all, I find it dependable, safe, and economical. I don't think that we will be lifetime fans of it though, and will trade it in prior to its warranty expiring."

Smartest buy so far

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"We got our 2008 Avenger R/T on December 31, 2007 and the lease expired on Jan. 1, 2011. My wife and I have leased three previous Dodge products - 1 Intrepid and 2 Durangos, however when the lease began to run out on this Avenger we decided to buy it and not let Chrysler have this Baby Charger back. It has been extremely dependable and worry-free. Best of all is the fact that this Sunburst Orange beauty came with the Life-time Powertrain Warranty. How could we possibly go wrong. Regular maintenance has been a breeze and with 28,500 miles we could not be more happy with this car. Excellent fuel mileage with this 3.5 V-6. She consistently gets 31 to 34 MPG on the Highway. We always look forward to getting on I75 here in Michigan for a road trip down south. Comfortable, smooth riding and roomy. She'll be our "Baby" for years to come. Well Done Chrysler - - WELL DONE."

Love this Car!!!

By on Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I have had my Avenger R/T since January of 2008. I have over 100,000 miles on it and it has never been in the shop. I love the style, interior, color and power. People stop at gas stations and stores to ask what kind of car it is. I had a Charger previously, and would never go back. The mpg is super in my Avenger R/T - >27 mpg commuting 140 miles/day to work. I really like the Sirius radio, and never listen to over the air. I would highly recommend this car!!!"

Decent starter car

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"I recently purchasd an 08 avenger se 2.4L. when i turned 19. Its decent, not as quick as my old car (98ford escort) but its heavier. The front looks nice especially after an R/T headlight upgrade. The rear end definitly needs the stock spoiler because of the weird design of a "horned" trunk. The inside is roomy, but way to many blindsides. The windows covered by the plastic in the back do hide vehicles, so the double check is pretty annoying. The car does run suprisingly silent for a 4cylinder. I know its the lowest of the models availible, but more couldve been added for the price like better lighting on the interior. The cars built in monitoring system does come in handy but it is annoying when it dings all the time to change oil even though it doesnt need to be. (set on a 3000mile drive reset). I havent had the stuck in park "recall" yet, but its bound to happen according to everyother avenger owner. Dodge hasnt recalled this yet even though it definitly should be. Overall its a good midsized car. Not to many aftermarket parts availible so the stock does get boring if youre into modifications."

Wonderful car for a college student

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I go to a community college about 50 miles from my home 4 days a week, I have had NO complaints out of my 2008 Dodge Avenger SE that I received for my high school graduation. I have my car serviced every 3,000 miles even though you can wait 4,500 in this car. I recently hit the 40,000 mile mark and it hasn't been to the dealership except for oil changes and new tires. It is a great car with a lot of room, I'm 5 foot 9 inches and fit comfortably in the driver and passenger seats. I have no trouble getting to 70 mph by the end of the on-ramp getting on to an interstate and absolutely no problem gaining speed to pass with my 4 cylinder car. I absolutely love my car and plan on buying a newer one in a few more years."

Its an OK car....

By on Friday, June 11, 2010

"Its an OK car. One main problem is when its wet/raining outside, the car studders/stalls and has even cut off on me quite a few times in the past cpl yrs. And when taken back to dealership, they say nothing is wrong!! I have the 4 cyclinder, so maybe the 6 is better...."

Great car if your awsome

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

"Wanted a camaro and got this. I am very pleased with this car. It is stylish and runs hard. excellent on the check book and have had no major problems with it yet."