2011 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Too many trips to the service department

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"When I first got by R/T AWD I loved it mostly for the looks of it. Then after many trips to the service department during the first year (at least once a month) the good looks could no longer make me love this car. It all started with the Chrome wheels or should I say fake chrome wheels...they started to peel and two bent causing my tires to lose air, the many recalls (4), transmission problems, problems with the windows (3 times), struts, strut mounts, the steering wheel had to be replaced, and brakes. After all of this I wanted to trade, but it's not worth hardly anything now so I'm stuck paying for a car that I hate. Do yourself a favor and buy another car that is better made, will keep its value and is not just good to look at."

Saves me from the morons!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "It's a DODGE! it's quick, great sound system"

Cons: "some paint bubbling on front edge of hood"

"I bought new 2008 R/T, it was everything I expected, great handling and response with back against the seat acceleration. Took trip to Seattle thru Mont. Ate up the Rockies, even with packed snow @ Summits.In the Cascades, Snoqualmie Pass had snow freezing on the road, with lots of traffic,that seemed in a big hurry. I avoided a few accidents and spinning cars on the way down, with very light traffic the last 1/3 down. I give the car 60% credit for getting us thru the maze while maintaining stability!"

Good starter car

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Bought as a car for my daughter, SE w/ 2.4L 4 cyl. Has the power she needs.(Not enough for me). Runs good, travels well(34mpg between Denver and Las Vegas NV) the depreciation doesn't bother me because she will buy her next car. Put 18 inch tires and wheels on it, and it rides better. All things said, a good car for the deal I got, $13,000 in March 08. Never had serious problem with it. P.S. Daughter loves it."

I am my own worst enemy

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "Looks aren't everything."

"Perhaps buying this car at a dealer that was not Dodge was not bright, but I had no idea that the trunk would leak and that this is a recurring problem from YEARS back through other posts I've seen. Neither Dodge nor the dealer I purchased from were willing to be helpful in the matter. I bought the car as it was bigger than the one I had, space is vital to me while remaining in something less than an SUV, and I am used to working on Dodge vehicles, hence my interest in it. The interior is nothing to rave about in the least, the stability gets shaky while driving average highway speeds, the center console slides out in a manner that blocks the parking brake, the trunk leaking REALLY irritates me as I typically have work equipment in the car on a normal basis that should not get wet, and the check oil reminder goes off whether the oil was just changed or not. I'm also not thrilled with the 'plastic' side mirrors that can not be pulled in to avoid damage, especially with the amount of city driving/parking I do. I'm not even interested in dumping any money into this car to boost my interest level. I've had this car for around 5 months and at this point am trying to pay down enough to make it slightly worth a trade in on something else that will fit my life/work style. I did buy this car from a non-Dodge dealer, so it was not certified and it was a used car purchase, so perhaps some of the blame lies on previous ownership and certainly myself for not picking every detail before getting this car, but at this point, I do dearly miss my 2001 (totaled or I'd still have it) Dodge and will not purchase another made after that year."

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

"I have a 2008 SXT and has about 50,000 miles. It is very dependable and I have not had any issues with it."