2010 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Nice car

By on Saturday, April 10, 2010

"I bought this car right before the auto crisis in 08 and 09. The car looks good, rides smooth, and has good gas mileage. One of the main drawbacks is that the LATCH system is kind of hard to get to. Also, the air filter is kind of hard to do yourself because it's made with a cheap plastic. Overall, a good car."

Comfort & handling

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"I've had sports cars, trucks, economy cars, etc. and this is the best handling car I've ever driven. The driver's seat is very comfortable and so is the passenger seat. The rear seat has more room than my friend's Lincoln Zephyr. I can fit my 6ft son in the backseat and he has plenty of leg room and so does the front seat passenger. Lots of trunk room. Could do without the little can cooler in the dashboard. Front, side curtain and thoracic airbags in the seat. Only complaint is the plastic accents in the interior."

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

Its not just about looks!!!!

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I bought this car when it barely came out in July of 2007, When you buy a new car you expect the car to not have any problems right? WRONG Within the first minth I got 4 recalls on it.(transmission,doors,engine,electric) But after 6 months I decided to trade it back but couldnt because my car depreciated by half so I was upside down. I do have to admite the car does offer great mileage, style and comfort. And this car handles great, especially on rainy roads. Brakes are the best. The only problem is the roaters on this car their horrible. But hey im a college student so I have to keep this car. I have about 2 years and a half with it and the only problems I got now is the transmission struggles to shift and the roaters. (dealership hasn't been able to fixe it) Wouldnt recommend this car to anybody."

I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"AT FIRST GLANCE, THE CAR LOOKS GREAT, BUT BEWARE OF THE HIDDEN DEFECTS. WITHIN THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF HAVING THE CAR, MY SHIFT HAS LOCKED, THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN, THE SYSTEM COMPUTER HAD TO BE REPLACED, THE FUEL PUMP, GAS TANK, THERE IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD THAT I WILL BUY ANOTHER DODGE."

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"I traded a 2008 Pontiac G5 Gt for my Avenger and I made the right choice. The car is roomy, comfy and definitly met our needs.."

Fun to drive, but so poorly built! R/T

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"I love driving this car. It is alot of fun to drive. I installed a Mopar CAI (a must if you buy this car), and the Mopar Strut Brace. The only reason I wouldn't recommend it, is because of how poorly it is built. One of the bushings on the rear strut is already going bad (8k mi). Where the trunk closes is rubbing off the paint. No panel gaps are even. Interior has huge gaps. Uconnect barely works, when it does at all. Twice the trany has not worked right (hard to expalain here, its weird.) I plan to take in to dealer, but I am dreading the run around I know I'll get. I had a horrible time buying the car, once dodge got my money. I can tell this car isn't going to make it to 100k without needing major repairs. I love the car and driving it, but I can't recommend it or Dodge, there is a reason Chrysler went bankrupt; poor quality and horrible customer service. (Don't think Fiat will fix anything either, they're even worse)"

on the road again

By on Friday, May 8, 2009

"I drive many miles a day to and from and around for work each day. driving my new avenger is a joy because it looks great, gets great mileage and can get me there in a hurry if need be. Test drive one today, you will leave the lot in it!!! Happy driving..."

By on Sunday, April 19, 2009

"I bought this in feb 08 and now in April 09 I have 36000 miles with literally no issues. I liked it enough I bought another one 2 days ago, a new 09. Priced right and styled corrrectly it is the best dodge in years. Great gas mileage too."

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Great Value

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

"So far I am very happy with my new Avenger SXT. After driving a Neon for ages, I really appreciate not feeling every bump in the road with the smoother ride that the Avenger gives. I like the down-sized charger style look and the 21/30 gas mileage. In addition, I got a great deal with mucho off the sticker price and 0% financing on top of that. The Neon had the most comfortable front seats that wrap around you and the Avenger does too. Overall, no complaints so far."

I love my car

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"I bought my car in January '08 and I have not had any problems at all. I get excellent gas mileage. I went on a road trip with it, about 1100 miles one way, and we went through the mountains and for the whole trip we averaged about 32 MPG. I think it is very roomy and comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone. I work for the police dept and I've gotten 2 officers to buy one and they are considering ordering the squad cars in the avenger."

great car for the money

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"I bought the this car in July of 08 rxt 4cyl. I wanted to drive it a while before submitting a review. I enjoy everything this car has to offer. No problems what so ever. I get an an average of 35 mpg. The value for the money is a hit. I get compliments on how nice looking the car is. Very easy to keep clean. Want an American car that has value for the money?? The Dodge Avenger is for you."

Uncomfortable

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"This car was a good car for me until I started driving far distances for work. It is extremely uncomfortable. I read one persons review that said that and didn't heed the warning, now I'm sorry and looking to trade it in. The blind spots are also an issue. Anytime it rains and there is water sitting on the trunk, when I open it all the water spills into the trunk... never had a car do that before. Havent had the car for quite a year and need to trade it in."

Blaa

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Lots of recalls, steering went out in 8000, window control in 9000, handling is not great, and seats are not very comfortable. Sure does look nice though."

Good value

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"The car constantly gets good compliments on it looks. Many people have called it a "baby charger". I am disappointed I missed out on the free MyGig system, which really adds a great value to the car. The seats are a little hard, and there the blind spots are abnormally large. Overall, a very nice car for its value. I am surprised it is not selling better. The black pearlescent color is really nice, a touch that would cost extra on a Mercedes or BMW."

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I love my Avenger SXT. I have had it for one week and have found nothing wrong with the way it handles. It is a comfortabe and easy to drive vehicle. It does have blind spots, but they are not diffucult to get used to. I have had so many compliments and am continuing to get them. It gets great gas mileage too."

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"This car is overlooked by everyone. Midsize American car with the mygig, remote start, comfortable, roomy, tight and very good mpgs."

Overall Pretty Nice

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Purchased the R/T V-6 about one month ago. The ride is smooth and powerful. The MyGig Navigation System with satellite radio and UConnect Bluetooth (hands free cell phone) are very fun and useful. The interior room is fantastic in the front and back, along with great headroom (40"). On the cons side, the drivers seat does have an annoying inconsistent squeak. The leather seats are generally comfortable, but on a 3 hour trip, the seat didn't seem as comfortable. I did install after market window tinting, which allowed much better visability of the navigation system (during the day) and made visability much more comfortable for the driver and passengers. I bought the vehicle for $28K out the door and notice on Kelly Blue Book the trade in value after only one month is a loss of over $10,000. I have no intention of getting rid of it however, and I am satisfied with it so far. Gas mileage is an average of 20 MPG with a 50-50 combo of city and freeway driving. I would recommend the vehicle for its many features, value pricing and overall driving experience."

08 Avenger left me cold

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"After owning and driving the mid range SXT model for a year, i finally decided it left me cold and wanting more. At first I overlooked the low speed hard shifts, the plastic interior slow acceleration. Finally it all caught up to me. Pros for this car was the Heated seats (cloth, not leather), remote start and GREAT Gas milage for a mid size sedan(32 Highway). Cons were the Hard plastic interior, poor braking, and too much roll on sharp turns. I would not even bother with the R/T model after owning the SXT version. I would however recommend this vehicle as a first car for a teen."

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

Great car!!!!

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"Don't listen to the automotive press! This is a great car and a great value! For $23k and change I got a V-6, power everything, steering wheel audio controls, 6-disc cd changer with aux input, 6 speakers, side curtain airbags, 4-wheel ABS, automatic climate control, leather and a whole lot more!!! Best value out there!!!"

2nd update

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"just took my r/t awd on a trip from new jersey to florida. much better gas milage then what the window sticker showed. 28+ miles per gallon."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I love this car because it's stylish, fully loaded at a great price and makes me want to drive even when the crazies are on the road. I've had it since the month the car came out and can't seem to find any major complaints. My only complaint is my own fault. I went from a 6-cylinder to a 4-cylinder with my new car, so I do miss the power. But in all honesty, even with the 4-cylinder, this car still makes it up and down mountains with ease. And, when you really need the power, it's there. Great for driving on a beautiful day with the sunroof and windows open. Love it!"

Super Sweet Car

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I found that the car is over all a super nice car. Looks, styling and comfort. Even with the 4 cyn. engine, it has enough power. I might have paid too much (sticker) but I really wanted the car. I am happy with everything so far but the mileage, but they tell me that it will get better and it has with every tank full. From a low of 19 MPG new to now at 26 MPG with 2200 miles on the car. They say after 5000 miles I should get much better. I would buy the same car again without hesitation. Love it."