2009 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Saves me from the morons!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "It's a DODGE! it's quick, great sound system"

Cons: "some paint bubbling on front edge of hood"

"I bought new 2008 R/T, it was everything I expected, great handling and response with back against the seat acceleration. Took trip to Seattle thru Mont. Ate up the Rockies, even with packed snow @ Summits.In the Cascades, Snoqualmie Pass had snow freezing on the road, with lots of traffic,that seemed in a big hurry. I avoided a few accidents and spinning cars on the way down, with very light traffic the last 1/3 down. I give the car 60% credit for getting us thru the maze while maintaining stability!"

Too many trips to the service department

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"When I first got by R/T AWD I loved it mostly for the looks of it. Then after many trips to the service department during the first year (at least once a month) the good looks could no longer make me love this car. It all started with the Chrome wheels or should I say fake chrome wheels...they started to peel and two bent causing my tires to lose air, the many recalls (4), transmission problems, problems with the windows (3 times), struts, strut mounts, the steering wheel had to be replaced, and brakes. After all of this I wanted to trade, but it's not worth hardly anything now so I'm stuck paying for a car that I hate. Do yourself a favor and buy another car that is better made, will keep its value and is not just good to look at."

Cheaper sporty car

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"has great acceleration when passing. handles and rides very smooth. very pleased with the purchase and plan to keep for 5-6 more years"

Good starter car

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Bought as a car for my daughter, SE w/ 2.4L 4 cyl. Has the power she needs.(Not enough for me). Runs good, travels well(34mpg between Denver and Las Vegas NV) the depreciation doesn't bother me because she will buy her next car. Put 18 inch tires and wheels on it, and it rides better. All things said, a good car for the deal I got, $13,000 in March 08. Never had serious problem with it. P.S. Daughter loves it."

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

"I have a 2008 SXT and has about 50,000 miles. It is very dependable and I have not had any issues with it."

Looks can be deceiving

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Love the looks but lacking in comfort and ride. Front seats should be 1" wider for comfort, noisy on rough roads, Excellent AWD in snow and ice. Problems with Oil loss 1qt/3000 miles? Seal in rear end @ 5000 mi, rear struts and very disappointed in Chrome Clad 19" wheels corroding around tire edge. Chrysler will replace only one time."

Surprised me

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"(I got an unbelievable deal so I will tell you that if i paid closer to the kbb value, that each of my stars would probably go down a star) Before this week, I didn't know what an Avenger was. I was looking for an Altima, or Fusion. The name Avenger sounded cheesy, so when I heard the name I didn't really care for it. But then the sales guy told me they needed to get rid of these 2008s to make room for the 2009's... 15,995 with Nav, Uconnect, Sirius, leather interior, R/T, and a lifetime powertrain/engine warranty. I sat in it, drove it and I realized I found car that i hardly see on the road, but i felt was beautiful and fun. That made me feel good because I hate driving the common car on the road. The V6 had accelerated pretty well and the ride was overall very smooth. Lots of head room for me and people behind me said it was spacious. MY wife loves it, I can't stop playing with the toys. Again, my deal was extremely good, so I don't know how valid this review is. Just know that i'm excited and can't wait to drive home."

love this car

By on Thursday, January 1, 2009

"this car is a sleeper it has the power to stay with the best sounds great with the factory ext system so any of you motor heads want a car that will mess with peoples heads this is it handles proformence and the ride is greatin all weather and when you get home it a good family car with plenty of room an comfort A+++ dodge"

Not a bad car overall

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I was forced to get a new car after my old one died. As luck would have it I stumbled on a used ’08 Avenger SXT with a sunroof and other added features. The car had 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it and is now up to about 12,000. Got a great deal on it – always buy used if you can. So far the vehicle itself has run well and I am happy with the purchase. I have received MANY compliments on it and enjoy driving it around town. To potential buyers I would say this: There are blind spots in this vehicle! If you have trouble turning your neck - beware. Because of the high sides on the body and the way the headrests are positioned you can lose entire cars on the side of you (and yes, I have adjusted the mirrors). Once you adjust to driving the vehicle – it is not a problem. I love the seat warmers, auto start, and fog lights. All great additions to the basic package. I would also agree with the comment about the trim in the vehicle. Although the “chrome” is a nice touch – it is awful when the sun hits it. I found a solution to this by driving with my right arm on the steering wheel thus blocking the reflection. They have done a good job recalling potential issues and identifying what models they apply to. Car cleans up easily and fabric seems to be holding up well. Love the 60/40 split seat and fold down passenger seat. Fit a 12’ piece of shelving in there with no problems. Gas mileage isn’t bad …. Getting about 22-25 miles per gallon (depends on your driving style) Overall a great AMERICAN car for the sticker price."

great buy

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"only had one problem with the car psi sensor shorted out easy fix. I had a ram with a hemi in it so it feels a little under powered but that could be just me other then that the car is one of the best"