2008 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 439 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Nice Family car

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"+ points: Have this car for 1.5 years, worked through Bitter winter and Summer, have 10K miles on it, no problem so far, i get ~23mpg in city and 30 mpg on Highway (with mild AC I get 28mpg on higway). Quiet, comfortable, rugged looking and loaded with cool novelties. Pretty cheap $$$ to buy. We love this one, very practical. Hope they come up with more car like these. Very good american car compare to older dodge vehicles. - points: Interior quality is not the best. Have gaps, if you are very particular in staring interior facets and every corner you will find them. I got 6 speakers music system (MyGIG), It ROCKS, but Hard disk do not work correct in winter, it requires warm up, after that it works normal. If you are looking for 0-60 under 5-6 seconds this is not the car (I have 2.4 L SXT). Well it is obvious looking at its MPG."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"My wife and I have had our 2009 Avenger for about a month. We have made one payment on it and it still has temp tags. It has been back to the dealer twice within the last month. The rotors went back with about 100 miles on it. Now today it is in the shop for new front and rear stuts and the car has 500 miles on it. It is poor quality and cheaply made. I knew we should have bought a Toyota. If you want a good car don't buy an Avenger. If you like to pay mechanic bills then this is the car for you."

This car is an "Average Joe"

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"We have owned our '08 Avenger for about a year now. I am sad to report that we have been dissapointed with the car. In the looks department it is a 10. The features on our SXT 4-Cyl are a good value for the price and it is very economical. Mechanically, it has been reliable so far (except for the 3 recalls!) I am extremely disspointed in the huge depreciation on this model. In nearly one year, we have lost 50% of the value paid (and we bought with an employee pricing plan). I would expect that kind of depreciation after 2-3 years with an American model. I think flooding the rental market with these cars did not help. My largest complaint with the car is the general lack of quality. Interior is a snap-together design and it is very noisy and rattles on our Oregon highways. The drivers seat has an annoying squeak. All of these items have been checked by the dealers several times (at least 8 trips to service) and no trouble is ever found. Our other major complaint is this thing is noisy! We took it on a 2000 mi road trip and every day our ears were ringing with road noise at the end of the day. We had such a good experience with our PT cruiser (80k miles when sold), we decided to take a chance with this car and regret it. It is unfortunate because we really want to support companies that are based in the U.S. but with the lack of engineering and quality in this model, it makes purchasing difficult."

Givew you the neccessities and a good ride.

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "A fair priced car that delivers what it promises."

Cons: "the interior has a lot of hard plastic."

"I have the SXT. It is not a super fancy car, but it has a very good sound system with satellite radio, power locks, cruise, heated cup holder, automatic cooler for canned drinks, electric mirrors and very dependable. I also own a Mercedes and an Infiniti. For the price, I would say the Avenger has been the best buy. It is still going at 189,000 mile and I have only had to do the expected maintenance on it."

Engine not too Dependable

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of room, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Too many mehanical issues"

"I have owned this car for 3 years. I have had trouble with the gear shifter locking up, the rear brakes locking up on both sides, the 2nd piston going out in the engine. When I first bought this car, I thought that it was very comfortable and dependable. But now that I have owned it for awhile, I find that once you start driving the vehicle for an extended period of time and adding the miles on that the vehicle is not as dependable as I first thought."