2008 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Givew you the neccessities and a good ride.

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pros: "A fair priced car that delivers what it promises."

Cons: "the interior has a lot of hard plastic."

"I have the SXT. It is not a super fancy car, but it has a very good sound system with satellite radio, power locks, cruise, heated cup holder, automatic cooler for canned drinks, electric mirrors and very dependable. I also own a Mercedes and an Infiniti. For the price, I would say the Avenger has been the best buy. It is still going at 189,000 mile and I have only had to do the expected maintenance on it."

Engine not too Dependable

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of room, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Too many mehanical issues"

"I have owned this car for 3 years. I have had trouble with the gear shifter locking up, the rear brakes locking up on both sides, the 2nd piston going out in the engine. When I first bought this car, I thought that it was very comfortable and dependable. But now that I have owned it for awhile, I find that once you start driving the vehicle for an extended period of time and adding the miles on that the vehicle is not as dependable as I first thought."

Fuel Efficiency and Great Midsize Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, good handling, value, ride"

"love the handling of car. Its a great vehicle being more sporty and reasonably best in performance with having a V6 engine. Features are outstanding the resale value is excellent on car gives me good gas mileage plenty of room rides smooth. Looks more of a top of the line coupe with taillights and factory R/T wheels. The Avenger is comfortable available with heated seats, UCONNECT navigation, blue tooth and USB/iPod interface include a great sound system. It drives absolutely best more quiet great smooth ride and gas mileage is overall excellent on Avenger. I love this car on lots of good features in its class from more sporty looks and steering controls are outstanding."

Best car I have had in years

By on Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive"

Cons: "No backup camera"

"Bought this car new with 29 miles on it. Was on the dealer lot for 5 months. The 3.6 liter V6 is a powerful addition to this car. Makes it really quick. Highway fuel mileage is excellent! Around town the mileage suffers mostly due to the fact that I tend to be a little spirited in my driving. But who could blame me, the R/T suspension is tight and the autostick gives you a little more control in shifting(almost as fun as a manual). I have no squeaks or rattles and I have driven over lots of poor roads and railroad crossings. The only problem I have had was a plugged heater core that was taken care of under warranty. I have owned more than 30 cars in the past 38 years and this one is at the top of the list.(so far)"

Solid car, would own again

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Pros: "Solid weight, great in snow, strong engine."

Cons: "Blind spots in rear shoulder, tire size."

"2008 SXT 2.7 L V6. bought used with less than 15K miles in WI coming back from overseas. Was a Canadian rental before me. Survived two winters in WI before moving it to Syracuse NY. A total beast in the snow, never got stuck too far that I needed to dig out. Solid gas mileage, great highway car. Kept minimal maintenance and still never had a single problem with her. It's now 2015, and I have 120K hard driven miles on her and she just now needing maintenance. Would by again in a heartbeat."