ZIP code

2008 Dodge Avenger

8.0

Based on 440 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Saves me from the morons!

By on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pros: "It's a DODGE! it's quick, great sound system"

Cons: "some paint bubbling on front edge of hood"

"I bought new 2008 R/T, it was everything I expected, great handling and response with back against the seat acceleration. Took trip to Seattle thru Mont. Ate up the Rockies, even with packed snow @ Summits.In the Cascades, Snoqualmie Pass had snow freezing on the road, with lots of traffic,that seemed in a big hurry. I avoided a few accidents and spinning cars on the way down, with very light traffic the last 1/3 down. I give the car 60% credit for getting us thru the maze while maintaining stability!"

Too many trips to the service department

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"When I first got by R/T AWD I loved it mostly for the looks of it. Then after many trips to the service department during the first year (at least once a month) the good looks could no longer make me love this car. It all started with the Chrome wheels or should I say fake chrome wheels...they started to peel and two bent causing my tires to lose air, the many recalls (4), transmission problems, problems with the windows (3 times), struts, strut mounts, the steering wheel had to be replaced, and brakes. After all of this I wanted to trade, but it's not worth hardly anything now so I'm stuck paying for a car that I hate. Do yourself a favor and buy another car that is better made, will keep its value and is not just good to look at."

Cheaper sporty car

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"has great acceleration when passing. handles and rides very smooth. very pleased with the purchase and plan to keep for 5-6 more years"

Good starter car

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Bought as a car for my daughter, SE w/ 2.4L 4 cyl. Has the power she needs.(Not enough for me). Runs good, travels well(34mpg between Denver and Las Vegas NV) the depreciation doesn't bother me because she will buy her next car. Put 18 inch tires and wheels on it, and it rides better. All things said, a good car for the deal I got, $13,000 in March 08. Never had serious problem with it. P.S. Daughter loves it."

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

"I have a 2008 SXT and has about 50,000 miles. It is very dependable and I have not had any issues with it."