ZIP code

1996 Dodge Avenger

7.6

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

Good Car

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Hi all, Just thought I would review what I thought to be a good car. I have owned my 96 dodge avenger for 9 years now. Bought it with 56,000 miles on it and now have about 140,000. I have had no major problems with the motor, tranny, or wheel assembly other than the usual wear and tear. The car is a very reliable piece of machinery and I am sad to be letting mine go due to the 2 door not being condusive to a new baby. The only other drawback to it is it sits very low to the ground. Gets hard on the back after a while."

awesome ride quick and comfortable

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, stlye,"

Cons: "no longer available as coupe"

"took over this vehicle from my wife. she received a crossover when children came into the picture. the vehicle has had no major issues, and still turns the tuners heads when I drive by. Vehicle is fast and descent on fuel economy. plan to drive until it gives up, or my son turns of age to modify. the 4 door avengers just dont match up to the coupe."

Pretty good vehicle

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"My wife and I have had this car since 1997. We have babied it...it only has 60000 miles. We were livid when the trany went out the first year but it was replaced under our warranty. We've had to replace some O2 sensors but that's it. She runs great. Good luck replacing the plugs, plug wires, rotor, cap, etc. You have to pull out the whole intake manifold!!! Otherwise it's been good to us...we'll keep her another few years."

good car for the price

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"the only thing i see that the exhoust system is very expensive buy having 2 catalitic converters in it if you were to fix the entire system you looking at $ 2000 dollars"

Good Looks, Good Value

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I bought a '98 Avenger ES with 40.000 miles in '03. I was drawn to the price and the style was more appealing than other mid-sized and small cars. I rate it average for quality after a few rough starts and consequently having the fuel pump replaced. A friend with a 1999 model had the same fault. The sway bars were recalled and covered by Dodge. The paint deteriorated beneath the external coat, so it looked blotchy on the roof but was smooth to touch and did not tarnish the metal. A basic level paint job from a national company made it look like new. Otherwise, I received compliments on the style, the ride, and the view. The slope of the windshield offers the front seat a good view up and lets in light. Road noise is comparable to other sport sedans or entry level cars. The back seat is roomy for a coupe - my friends over six foot have more knee room in the back than in the front with the low glove box. The ES sound system had a good amp, and I enjoyed the other ES options: sliding sunroof, spoiler, cruise control, and fog lamps. The trunk has adequate space. The suspension helps prevent roll, and handling in a few inches of snow was better than expected."